[ROM][09/12/11] Virtuous Unity Sense 3.0 based on Pyramid [2.37.0]

Search This thread

blahblah1227

Apr 9, 2009
Wow, much better. I've always used shootme so never really paid much attention to native screen shots. That works very well though, thank you again :)

Sent from my HTC Glacier using XDA App

Wut were u usin before the power + home? Since u said shootme isn't there anymore.. Just curious

coupetastic-droid

Dec 25, 2010
cali
It can be a little quirky sometimes...I hold the power down then I hit the home button, that's been working for me...

Sent from my HTC Glacier using xda premium

Yeah I've tried a few ways and nothing. Like, hold power then press home, power and home at the same time. Still didn't work.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using xda premium

mikeyinid

Sep 4, 2010
Boise
Hey guys, is there a mod for this ROM to get rid of recent Apps in the pull down?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    virtuousunity-800.png

Virtuous Unity is the first custom Sense 3.0 ROM, scaled for WVGA screens, to be based on an official shipping release from HTC (1.45.401.2).
    The entire ROM is brand new, taking no application or framework components from any prior Sense 3 releases.

Unity is the result of a collaborative, team effort by the following developers:
    Screenshots

unity1.png
    unity2.png
    unity3.png

Features

• Based on the official Sensation shipping ROM (1.45.401.2).
    • Ported for full functionality on each supported devices. Additional device support is being added regularly.
    • Resized for WVGA (800x480) displays, using a purpose built tool to modify HTC's proprietary m10 binaries, developed by Flemmard and Diamondback.
    • Heavily optimized for fluid performance and usability.
    • Overclocked kernels with numerous additional kernel modules.
    • Built-in screen state frequency scaling (1.2Ghz-245MHz/ondemand screen-on, 806Mhz-245Mz/conservative screen-off), via custom built Virtuous_OC C daemon.
    • Trackpad wake support (DesireZ/G2 and MT4G only).
    • WiFi calling (T-Mobile USA only).
    • Fully functional device hardware, including wifi, bluetooth, camera, camcorder, etc.
    • Market-sourced applications (Gmail, Maps, Voice, etc) automatically installed on first boot into /data/app for easy removal.
    • Bloatware and unnecessary applications removed.

Supported Devices
    Porting Information and Credits

Virtuous Unity, or any components therein, may not be ported to other devices without explicit email approval from the development team. We will be approving ports, presuming the develop of a given port is ready and willing to follow the same revision control and release processes currently employed existing devices.

Important Notes

• If you are experiencing random freezes and/or reboots, this is likely due to your device being incapable of handling our overclocking defaults. Download and apply this flashable patch, which will reduce the maximum CPU frequency to 1Ghz and likely eliminate this issue.
    • You must complete a full wipe prior to installing this ROM the first time. We also recommend wiping between upgrades, but you are welcome to try upgrading without a wipe. However, no support will be provided if you file a bug without having wiped prior to submission.
    Bugs and Errors

To ease the process of reporting bugs to the team, we made a public bugtracker where you can report the bugs you found. Please make sure you read all the existing entries there to avoid doubling the errors.

The bugtracker is located here.

Device specific information

BETA 2.33.0 based off the EU Pyramid 1.45.401.2, Android 2.3.4.
    Fixed updater for those who have downloaded 2.33.0 with the borked install script.

Download :: Changelog :: More Information
    (Official Website of Virtuous ROM)​
    Install instructions:
    1. Make a full wipe
    2. Flash ROM
    3. Reboot

Recommended radio:
    Official Radio from T-Mobile myTouch 4G Gingerbread 2.3.4

Addons for 1.26.0 and 1.27.0

A few notes
    • To get support from the team a FULL wipe is required. Without a wipe we can't help you if you have problems
    • Some changes REALLY need a full wipe to fully work, you can try a non wipe install, but do NOT report any bugs until you wiped.
    • G2 users must change to the DZ hboot
    Introduction to the new Overclocking Daemon

This ROM features a completely new way of Overclocking and managing screen states.

The History
    But before explaining it further, let's talk about previous solutions.
    There are several different approaches to achieve "screen-state-scaling".
    That means basically that the governor changes if you turn the screen off and changes back to normal when turning the screen on.

This is mainly used to restrict the amount of CPU usage (the frequency in fact) during screen off. This can lead to a major battery life increase.

The solutions so far were:

• Apps like SetCPU, which change automatically the governor based on profiles
    • Integrated solutions in the governor itself

Both these solutions have major problems.

The one with a tuner app is always a little laggy right after turning on the screen because SetCPU (or any other CPU tuner) needs some time to change the governors (up to 7 seconds). This leads mostly to major lag in the lockscreen.

The second solution is the smartass governor. It has already a screen-state-scaling included, so it reduces the frequency when the screen turn off.
    This could be a really nice solution but it has some problems too.
    Smartass most of the time is not really stable and has problems with its frequency scaling.

State-of-the-art-solution
    So we (more precisely rmk40) thought of a better solution.
    He wrote a native C Daemon which changes the governors instantly without any lag.

This leads to major performance improvements right after turning on the screen and in the lockscreen.

But at the moment this solution is a little bit harder to configure. We are planing to make a GUI for this, so you get the same comfort as using SetCPU.
    Nevertheless you can even now adjust the daemon to your needs.

Be aware that the daemon only works if all CPU tuner apps are deinstalled. Otherwise it deactivates itself.

How to adjust the daemon

The daemon is configured with 6 files in the folder /system/etc/virtuous_oc/.
    There are 3 files for the wake state and 3 for the sleep state. For each state one file for the governor, one for the minimal frequency and one for the maximal frequency.

You can easily edit these files eg. with RootExplorer or any other app which can edit system files. So you can adjust the frequencies and the governor for each state just like with SetCPU.

In order to get the available frequencies for the current kernel, just open your favorite terminal app and type
    cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_available_frequencies
    You could also use adb shell to show the frequencies on your computer.

To get the available govenors use a similar approach:
    cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_available_governors

Please make sure, you are entering the right values in the daemon's config files.
    Changelog

Our changelog lives here.

Supported devices

• Desire HD (Ace)
    • Desire Z (Vision)
    • Desire S (Saga)
    • Incredible S (Vivo)
    • Inspire 4G
    • T-Mobile MT4G (Glacier)
    For those with wifi calling issues, try this pushing this to /system/app and rebooting.