[ROM]Fun Times v4.1 [Now w/ Beats&Sony Bravia!]

Loopy Smoothness??

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

dvickers

Oct 21, 2011
Indiana
ok guys i have been super busy lately as i mentioned in my last update! well ive been thinking and im working on a completely new version of this, new core and everything! itll be awesome guys i promise just give me time :)

Hey guys this is my rom I started awhile ago, Ive Been residing over at Tincandroid.com you guys should check it out. I WILL be updating the one at TCD more frequent than on here, sorryz!!

Hello XDA Members! Welcome to FunTImes. :) Please read all of the OP first before you do anything AND THEN read the CHANGELOG. Install the same way as other roms. I am NOT responsible for anything YOU do to YOUR phone. Any questions? Let me know :)

(Optional reading begins here->)One more thing, if you guys have any ideas for this, and i mean anything(theming, apps, blah blah) please let me know! Any suggestions will be thought about! I appreciate everything everyone on here can and has done for me starting out, its the best i can do to give back and ill do my best to do so!(Optional Reading ends here <-)

-FunTimes ROM-

-FEATURES-
>android 2.3.7
>One Custom Theme
>DEODEX
>Auto I/O & Governor Changer
>SMS popup box
>VIPERMOD(undervolted -75)
>Mason G Kernel (version 4)
>Loopy Smoothness (credit & explanation Here)
>Gapps included
>Themed HTC Keyboard
>Miui Camera
>Custom Settings
>Latest Market (version 4)
>Bloatware removed(most of it i find more and more as i go along)
>Build.prop and init.d tweaks (More Info)
>A2SD
>gps.conf is set to NE
>Busybox
>Zipaligned
>Bash Shell
>Nano Text
-BUGS-
>On version 4+ HTC_IME might FC on you, hit close and everything is fine
>With v3.2 the boot animation goes SUPER fast lol it will sit at a blank screen for a little bit.
>If anything is wrong with cyanogen..its prolly wrong here...unless i fixed it by some random chance :)
-STUFF-
>On v4 i deleted a lot of apps. if you must have them i have a zip file containing them below.
>You MUST be on EXT4 to run v3.1 and up
>I DO NOT in ANY way recommend using task killers especially with the tweaks i've done
>(this for any version 3 of this rom!!!)Please, please PLEASE! If you are going to change kernel make sure it has a SavagedZen governor (yes there are more than just a savagedzen kernel). I have a tweak that is set to auto change governor and i/o scheduler...i used SavagedZen as governor...change as you'd like but im just throwing that out there. I am not sure what'll happen otherwise!
-THANKS-
dsixda(for his Android Kitchen. Without it, this rom would not have been possible.)
The Cyanogen Team (for the great rom)
Mazdarider23(this dudes a genius)
OneoftheRabble
xjackofall (for compiling the base rom i used)
teh roxxorz (idea for non fso)
God
So many more ill add to the list as i go

Change log

-DOWNLOADS-

v4.1
v4.1 nonfso
v4
v4 non fso
v3.2
v3.1
v3
Themes (updated 6-11-12 unzip to see ALL contents)
Deleted apps from v4

If you want older ones let me know!
ENJOY!
Screens from version 4 below ;)

Last edited:

teh roxxorz

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 21, 2010
Looks interesting; I'll give it a shot next time I'm on gingerbread.

Though just a recommendation: Change the packaged kernel to the non-fso version; I say that so its compatible with most phones. Fso breaks the system for some people; give people that want it the option to flash it.

dvickers

Oct 21, 2011
Indiana
Reserved For Me

To Do:
Perfect ODEX... :/
AROMA installer????

Guys this is an exact copy of my post at TCD so if you see similarties...well thats why! :)

Last edited:

dvickers

Oct 21, 2011
Indiana

Though just a recommendation: Change the packaged kernel to the non-fso version; I say that so its compatible with most phones. Fso breaks the system for some people; give people that want it the option to flash it.

alrighty didnt know that will do thanks

teh roxxorz

Nov 21, 2010
alrighty didnt know that will do thanks

No problem. Its just how it handles the system and doesn't always play nice. Just like a person that flashes an a2sd enabled rom and someone who isn't partitioned can't boot the rom; little things like that. Hope the rom is received well.

teh roxxorz

Nov 21, 2010
makes sense. im working on geting a non fso version up now thanks again

Its all good, and never a problem.

ONE more thing, I double checked and saw the rom is undervolted -75mv; -75mv is 'technically' aggressive, and too much. Personally I use -100mv, but not all can. The safest bet would be to use -25/-50 as most phones can handle that. You may want to bold that in the OP to avoid little things.

Last edited:
Reactions: dvickers

dvickers

Oct 21, 2011
Indiana
Its all good, and never a problem.

ONE more thing, I double checked and saw the rom is undervolted -75mv; -75mv is 'technically' aggressive, and too much. Personally I use -100mv, but not all can. The safest bet would be to use -25/-50 as most phones can handle that. You may want to bold that in the OP to avoid little things.

Ok can do sir

mkc90

Jun 21, 2009
Dallas
i dont think im on EXT4.. you said that we must change to ext4. i do have my sdcard partition but is on Ext 2 or 3 lmao don't remember??... why it matter though

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

teh roxxorz

Nov 21, 2010
i dont think im on EXT4.. you said that we must change to ext4. i do have my sdcard partition but is on Ext 2 or 3 lmao don't remember??... why it matter though

It should only matter if you're partitioned and use a2sd; I believe just how it handles the files/apps. I'd make a backup prior to flashing if you did.

Mazda

Retired Recognized Developer
Oct 19, 2008
Looking good dvickers, I'm glad you got a lot of that stuff going!! Hit me up on gtalk when you get a chance....got a question to ask :)

dvickers

Oct 21, 2011
Indiana

it has to be on ext4 at least i think. i say this because it has 2 tweaks in a init.d file (remove jouralism and perfect mount) it said that its EXT4 tweaks. So maybe they wont hurt it if your phone isnt on EXT4 but maybe it will...you can try and let me know but do that at your own risk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ok guys i have been super busy lately as i mentioned in my last update! well ive been thinking and im working on a completely new version of this, new core and everything! itll be awesome guys i promise just give me time :)

Hey guys this is my rom I started awhile ago, Ive Been residing over at Tincandroid.com you guys should check it out. I WILL be updating the one at TCD more frequent than on here, sorryz!!

Hello XDA Members! Welcome to FunTImes. :) Please read all of the OP first before you do anything AND THEN read the CHANGELOG. Install the same way as other roms. I am NOT responsible for anything YOU do to YOUR phone. Any questions? Let me know :)

(Optional reading begins here->)One more thing, if you guys have any ideas for this, and i mean anything(theming, apps, blah blah) please let me know! Any suggestions will be thought about! I appreciate everything everyone on here can and has done for me starting out, its the best i can do to give back and ill do my best to do so!(Optional Reading ends here <-)

-FunTimes ROM-

-FEATURES-
    >android 2.3.7
    >One Custom Theme
    >DEODEX
    >Auto I/O & Governor Changer
    >SMS popup box
    >VIPERMOD(undervolted -75)
    >Mason G Kernel (version 4)
    >Loopy Smoothness (credit & explanation Here)
    >Gapps included
    >Themed HTC Keyboard
    >Miui Camera
    >Custom Settings
    >Latest Market (version 4)
    >Bloatware removed(most of it i find more and more as i go along)
    >Build.prop and init.d tweaks (More Info)
    >A2SD
    >gps.conf is set to NE
    >Busybox
    >Zipaligned
    >Bash Shell
    >Nano Text
    -BUGS-
    >On version 4+ HTC_IME might FC on you, hit close and everything is fine
    >With v3.2 the boot animation goes SUPER fast lol it will sit at a blank screen for a little bit.
    >If anything is wrong with cyanogen..its prolly wrong here...unless i fixed it by some random chance :)
    -STUFF-
    >On v4 i deleted a lot of apps. if you must have them i have a zip file containing them below.
    >You MUST be on EXT4 to run v3.1 and up
    >I DO NOT in ANY way recommend using task killers especially with the tweaks i've done
    >(this for any version 3 of this rom!!!)Please, please PLEASE! If you are going to change kernel make sure it has a SavagedZen governor (yes there are more than just a savagedzen kernel). I have a tweak that is set to auto change governor and i/o scheduler...i used SavagedZen as governor...change as you'd like but im just throwing that out there. I am not sure what'll happen otherwise!
    -THANKS-
    dsixda(for his Android Kitchen. Without it, this rom would not have been possible.)
    The Cyanogen Team (for the great rom)
    Mazdarider23(this dudes a genius)
    OneoftheRabble
    xjackofall (for compiling the base rom i used)
    teh roxxorz (idea for non fso)
    God
    So many more ill add to the list as i go

Change log

-DOWNLOADS-

v4.1
    v4.1 nonfso
    v4
    v4 non fso
    v3.2
    v3.1
    v3
    Themes (updated 6-11-12 unzip to see ALL contents)
    Deleted apps from v4

If you want older ones let me know!
    ENJOY!
    Screens from version 4 below ;)

the sms popup feature.. is that built into the mms.apk? i dont get how it works.. i want that in my rom im using! =P
    Sms popup its in the market
    very cool nothing wrong with seeing some more non sense gingerbread around :)
    fdjo[khdgdakldaflkjd

Teh bump was needed, waii? :p

Though at least people are looking at it.