[ROM][05.10.12] CleanROM 4.5 Standard / Pro -★| ICS 4.0.3 | Tweaks | Skins! |★-

Search This thread

Roland Deschain

Dec 11, 2008
North Miami Beach, FL
The normal governor (ondemand) was sticking my CPU at only the minimums and maximums no matter what. The conservative governor, however, works beautifully. Those of you having heat issues, (and those that are stuck at min & max frequencies) try installing an app like SetCPU or System Tuner (I use the pro version of the latter) to change your governor to conservative, and see what happens. I was watching the CPU clock speed go all over the place after switching to conservative, not just min & max. Battery life increased by a pretty decent margin after setting it to this. The only thing is, it's slower to scale up when you turn your screen on; you get like a half-second to a second of it being choppy while unlocking it, then it's fine. I'm utterly content with that. Battery life is sick, now.

However, I still have the charging problem with my stock 3.8v battery. I have the official extended battery which is 3.7v, and it charges up to full perfectly. Pull it out and stick the 3.8v stock back in, charging problem comes back. I could care less about that right now, as the ROM is great in every other way; I'm glad my Bluetooth streaming (I use it with my car stereo) works again, hopefully we can get a speakerphone fix that doesn't break BT again soon.

LakerStar25

Jan 25, 2011
LA
No, if you use 7Zip you wont break any signing

Just copy the file into a an open 7zip
Its easy
Cool I tried it and it worked thanks so much. Also thanks who_Mike_d your link helped too
a6fa455c-adc5-a7dc.jpg
a6fa455c-addc-895f.jpg

Sent from my ICS Rezound

Last edited:

Scott

Retired Recognized Developer
The normal governor (ondemand) was sticking my CPU at only the minimums and maximums no matter what. The conservative governor, however, works beautifully. Those of you having heat issues, (and those that are stuck at min & max frequencies) try installing an app like SetCPU or System Tuner (I use the pro version of the latter) to change your governor to conservative, and see what happens. I was watching the CPU clock speed go all over the place after switching to conservative, not just min & max. Battery life increased by a pretty decent margin after setting it to this. The only thing is, it's slower to scale up when you turn your screen on; you get like a half-second to a second of it being choppy while unlocking it, then it's fine. I'm utterly content with that. Battery life is sick, now.

However, I still have the charging problem with my stock 3.8v battery. I have the official extended battery which is 3.7v, and it charges up to full perfectly. Pull it out and stick the 3.8v stock back in, charging problem comes back. I could care less about that right now, as the ROM is great in every other way; I'm glad my Bluetooth streaming (I use it with my car stereo) works again, hopefully we can get a speakerphone fix that doesn't break BT again soon.

Hold on...

1. So you are saying you get much better results with Conservative? I can so easily hard code that into the ROM if more people can test it and verify.

2. Your 3.8 is not charging with the current stock kernel?

nrfitchett4

Oct 12, 2009
San Antonio
a6f96197-780a-f1c8.jpg

Battery for the past 4 hrs...

Sent from my ADR6425LVW

What is your screen set at. Usage is showing
1200 mah, which is more than the charger can give. Most I've seen usage wise is about 900mah.

Scott, do you have anything installed on your phone? That is ridiculous battery life.

Since This build my phone gets extremely hot, fast too.
130+ deg F using stock 3.7 battery. Took the update too.
Also the drain is more than the charger/Computer will put out. I have to set it at CMDA only, wifi off, screen very low, sync off, just to get a posative charge. From 100% down to 25% in 3 hours
with the phone in my pocket then 5 seconds later down to 15%
Even had VZW replace battery, same issues.

Here's the weird thing, RRU'd back to stock and getting same results.
I've never got more than 8 hours with mild use on any rom with this phone. But the heat, massive drain, didnt start til ICS 4.0.3 rom.

Bad Phone? Something with ICS? Getting replacement tomorrow so we will see.
Should I flash new phone to ICS? Any ideas?

View attachment 938564

What apps are you installing. Some apps you wouldn't think, like any of the with friends games drain battery like crazy just running in the background.

Sent from my Rezound using Tapatalk

Scott

Scott, do you have anything installed on your phone? That is ridiculous battery life.

When you say ridiculous do you mean good or bad?

Yeah, I have about 20 apps installed. Sync mail, no facebook or twitter, 4G always on, and was used for 3 hours of podcast last night.

HEre is where I am at right now:

2012-03-09_02-26-56.png

EmerikL

Jul 19, 2011
Phoenix
Hold on...

1. So you are saying you get much better results with Conservative? I can so easily hard code that into the ROM if more people can test it and verify.

I just did it with mine. The change was instantaneous. It went from the extremes to being able to see the fluctuations.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using xda premium

drynyks

Mar 4, 2010
I just did it with mine. The change was instantaneous. It went from the extremes to being able to see the fluctuations.

The governors in the ICS kernels def don't appear to be working properly. I agree Conservative for the time being seems like the way to go.

Scott

Thanks. I just hope on your next update most that stuff stays the same so I can use the one I did lol.

Sent from my ICS Rezound

Hahahaha... I don't want to ruin the surprise of the next update... But you wont be using that same status bar. You can move the icons back over though!

The governors in the ICS kernels def don't appear to be working properly. I agree Conservative for the time being seems like the way to go.

Good feedback. Anyone else want to chime in on this?

Reactions: sd_042

Roland Deschain

Dec 11, 2008
North Miami Beach, FL
Hold on...

1) Correct. If I stay on ondemand, my clock speed is ONLY 384 or 1512. Nothing in between. The instant I set it to conservative, it starts bouncing all over like 512, 4**, 816, 7**, etc.

2) Nope. I tried it again last night. It was at 52% when I plugged it in, went to sleep and 6 hours later it was at 56%, lol. (On wi-fi the whole time doing virtually nothing.) I was able to charge my official extended battery up to 100% twice in the past three days, but now tonight it got stuck at 80% and didn't move at all for an hour...Ugh, this is weird. The extended battery (which is 3.7v) charged to 100% two times, but now it just went from 35% (which is what it was at when I got home tonight) to 80%, and stopped. It seems like the battery issue is nigh unfixable for me, lol. :(

phyba

Oct 26, 2008
Hold on...

I suggested this yesterday when I brought the issue up. Conservative shows more frequencies but not sure its doing much but then again I reported last night better battery life after having the phone die after 4 hours.

The fix racin made seemed to work but the blue flicker is annoying lol

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using XDA

Reactions: anothen

anothen

Feb 10, 2009
I turned my phone off, let it charge overnight and was hoping things may be different but I've lost 20% battery in a matter of 30-40 mins. Have you guys checked that app "Better Battery Stats" to see if anything was running in the background that is causing the CPU to run at full speed? There isn't anything wrong with the CPU running at full speed...We should think about what may be causing it. If it is the kernel: We will have to wait until we get a new one. My phone, for example, does not sleep which would make sense for the CPU to be high all the time because there is a process demanding the CPU's resources. I have changed the governor to conservative and it dips to 1134 and back up again. Not much scaling going on here...

Edit: I think I am having an isolated issue not specifically related to the kernel. Other people are experiencing the issue I'm having with the media service not sleeping on other GB roms and ICS roms so it has nothing to do with this thread. sorry lol: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1470095 , http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=23198506&postcount=1791

Last edited:

cam1pbell

Apr 17, 2008
I think its all about the signal strength. That's what's killing the battery. When I'm at home my battery will last all day but when I'm at work using my phone for a couple of hours kills the battery. I work in aircraft. The buildings are big and my signal strength sucks but the phone works flawless. It would drive me crazy that my phone would die so quickly . So I have extra batteries at work. So far with this ROM my batt last longer.

rsage

Jul 28, 2010
Hold on...

I posted yesterday that when using battery saver and free setcpu (conservative gov) I was seeing one additional frequency. However last night when I also installed free system tuner (still using conservative), I'm now seeing many frequencies. Doesn't make sense?

My 3.8v is charging fine.

How are people checking sleep time since CPU spy doesn't work?

Quantumrabbit

Apr 8, 2011
LG G5
Essential Phone
At least using AnTutu CPU MAster... no matter what governer I set... my freq will not drop below max at all. Are you guys actually seeing it change immediately when you do it, or only on screen off, or what?

ih8mydroid

Here is what I have and I still seem to get a day and a half or better.

Antutu CPU Master
3.7v battery
Screen Off: 384-864 Conservative
In Call: 384 - 864 Conservative
Default: 384 - 1512 Conservative
CDMA Only selected as I have no 4g in my area.
WIFI whenever its available(work and home)
Disabled Syncing on most accounts (I check my email and social networking when I want to)
Auto Brightness
Disabled haptic feedback

I am getting around a day and a half plus on low to medium usage and around a day on medium to highish usage.

Moderate usage includes netflix, homerun battle 3d, spotify, browsing the net etc.

nmadd

May 22, 2010
At least using AnTutu CPU MAster... no matter what governer I set... my freq will not drop below max at all. Are you guys actually seeing it change immediately when you do it, or only on screen off, or what?

I see the same behavior with antutu. With system tuner though the frequencies immediately jump all over the place on conservative.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [ROM][05.10.12] CleanROM 4.5 Standard / Pro -★| ICS 4.0.3 | Tweaks | Skins! |★-

CR4.5-Rez-1.png

CR4.5-Rez-2.png

about.png

CleanROM Developer Edition was designed to be a cleaned up Verizon Stock ROM Leak of Ice Cream Sandwich with a lot of Sense Removed! All HTC and Google Apps are up to date as of 5/9/2012. ROM is de-odexed and based on Leaked RUU 3.11.605.22. ROM Supports both Gingerbread and ICS Firmware and S-ON or S-OFF!
    Please read the installation instructions!!! They have changed!

features.png

Removed VZW Bloat!
    Custom Tweaks App by Jan!
    Custom Team Blackout Sense 4.0 Clock Widget Skin
    Performance and Battery Enhancements!
    ES File Explorer
    WiFi Tether
    Battery Icon with Percent (Stock Battery on SD Card)
    Super Extended Quick Settings
    No Location Icon
    Can be flashed with either firmware and S-ON or S-OFF

Pro.png

The Professional Edition of CleanROM

This ROM is identical to CleanROM Standard with the exception it is even cleaner;

The following are removed in this build:
    • All Social Networking apps and libraries
    • HTC Reader
    • Verizon Instant Messenger
    • Verizon Back up Service
    • Verizon Media Manager
    • Plus One
    • Picasa

NOTE: The Pro Edition Does not and will not support any of the removed apps. Please dont waste your time asking.

tweaks.png

Statusbar Tweaks
    Hide and Reorder Quicksetting
    Quick quicksettings toggle: If no notification to clear will show Quicksettings
    Hide WiFi Config
    Hide Specific Notifications Icons: Alarm / GPS / Bluetooth / WiFi / Data / Headset / Volume
    Battery Tweaks with MIUI Battery bar
    Clock Options
    Recent Apps Toggle
    Enable Transparency

Sense Tweaks
    Smooth Rosie Tweaks
    Toggle Unlock animation
    Toggle 5 Column App Drawer
    Toggle Paginated App Drawer
    Enable Transparency

Lockscreen Tweaks
    AOSP Lock Screen toggle
    Custom Carrier Caption
    Toggle Menu Key to Unlock
    Volume Keys to wake

Misc Tweaks
    Phone Info menu
    Capacitive Back light Settings
    Selectable Overscroll Colors
    Options for Advanced Power Menu

Advanced Tweaks
    Fix permissions
    Zipalaign apks
    Mount system rw/ro
    Wipe Battery stats
    Wipe cache/dalvik

changes.png

Changes in Version 4.5 - 5/10/2012
    • Added: Blackout ICS Skin
    • Fixed: Blackout Original Skin
    • Updated: Install method for S-ON / S-OFF! Read the install instructions! Major Changes to support all install methods!
    • Updated: Kernel and build.prop from 3.14 Leak
    • Updated: Facebook, Flash, Maps, Streets
    • Removed: SD Card Contents. Now seperate downloads. Read the install instructions!

tether.png

• Start Application
    • Go to Settings
    • Select Device Type -> Galaxy Nexus LTE
    • Select Change Setup-Method -> netd (master)
    • Select Enable WiFi-Encryption -> Your Choice
    • Select Routing Fix
    • Start Tether and allow Root

installation.png

There are 4 ways to install CleanROM 4.5

NOTE: If you are not S-OFF or on ICS Firmware you will need to download the Extra's and place them on the root of your SD Card BEFORE you flash the ROM! They are no longer included in the ROM file itself!

Method 1: Installation for S-OFF Devices on ICS firmware
    • S-OFF Recomended!
    • Copy ROM to SD Card
    • Reboot to recovery
    • wipe data / Factory Reset
    • Flash ROM
    • Reboot
    • Profit!

Method 2: Installation for S-ON Devices on ICS firmware
    • Copy ROM to SD Card AND PH98IMG.zip to ROOT of SD Card
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Flash ROM
    • Use Developer Menu to reboot to bootloader and flash the boot.img file in the PH98IMG.zip
    • Reboot
    • Profit!

Method 3: Installation for S-OFF Devices on Gingerbread firmware
    • Copy ROM to SD Card AND GB Firmware Patch to ROOT of SD Card
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Flash ROM
    • Flash GB Firmware Patch
    • Reboot
    • Profit!

Method 4: Installation for S-ON Devices on Gingerbread firmware
    • Copy ROM to SD Card AND PH98IMG.zip AND GB Firmware Patch to ROOT of SD Card
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Flash ROM
    • Flash GB Fimrware Patch
    • Use Developer Menu to reboot to bootloader and flash the boot.img file in the PH98IMG.zip
    • Reboot
    • Profit!

extra.png

Download PH98IMG.zip HERE! This is only for S-ON Devices

Download Gingerbread Firmware patch HERE! - You only need to do this if you are on Gingerbread Fimrware!

Flash All Zips except PH98IMG in recovery but you all knew that!

thanks.png

teamblackout.png

And the following XDA Developers and Members: dsixda - drellisdee - racinwarrior - lrod0175 - VinceOB - j4n87 - eboelzner

Alternate Kernels

I have created a flashable 3.13.607.5 Kernel and a flashable 3.14.605.5 Kernel for the ROM.

Some people feel that the 3.13.607.5 kernel gave better battery and cooling than the latest kernel.

Feel free to download and test for yourself!

These are in old school method as to make one simple step for everyone. This also resets mainver to 1.00.000.0 :D

Instructions
    1. Download to root of SD Card
    2. Reboot to Recovery
    3. Flash Zip
    4. Phone will reboot to hboot
    5. Press power one time so it will scan the SD Card
    6. Install boot.img when prompted
    7. Reboot when prompted

Download the 3.13.605.7 kernel HERE

Download the 3.14.605.5 kernel HERE
    Reserved for future use....
    Reserved for future use....
    Np. Not trying to bite your head off or anything, but wipe is always almost recommended.

You get to go off on someone and get a thanks for that.

I post a killer ROM and then a mirror by request and I get **** :(

700+ downloads in 7 hours and I have 12 thanks. Im not complaining... But really?