[Recovery] [32A & 32B] [16-May-2010] RA-sapphire-v1.7.0

Search This thread

Das_mobile

Jul 30, 2009
The 909, So Cal
yes i no i have to remove it, my question is how do it do it via terminal. i no how to do with fastboot like it mentions in the first post, but like i said, i cannot get usb working. my only option is via terminal. =\

Download the Better terminal app from market,
mount, put the file on the root of your SD card, unmount
Open better terminal and enter:

$su ((if prompt opens say allow))
#flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery-RA-magic-v1.3.2G.img

Worked for me, hope it does for you as well

NguyenHuu

Nov 14, 2007
California
thanks, but please everyone read my question. i am asking how to REMOVE/ERASE the recovery via terminal. I know how to flash already. I need to erase because I am getting the no space error.

EDIT: ok now i just try flashing it again and it works now. whew. testing it now hope all the commands work.

Last edited:

goa200

Jun 8, 2009
Nandroid restore doesn't work like it should. doesnt matter what restore file i choose it still picks the last backup i did.

Last edited:

SalviEmpire

Nov 16, 2009
San Salvador
Amon RA Apps to SD Card

Hello everybody. I do apologize if i am writting this on the wrong thread. I just registered today.

I have a problem with the Amon RA 1.2.2 not being able to install apps to my
SD Card. On system recovery i select the option to install apps on sd card but apps are still being sent to the phone memory. I dont know if i have type in a command in the terminal or not because all i did was to select that option. I am running KINGcKx latest HERO ROM which is working fine does anybody have any ideas? My card has been partition. Any help will be appriciated. Thank You.

Amon_RA

Retired Senior Recognized Developer
Jan 2, 2009
Nandroid restore doesn't work like it should. doesnt matter what restore file i choose it still picks the last backup i did.

That problem was solved in v1.3.2, you are still using v1.3.1..
Also make sure that you don't restore an old nandroid backup which restores an older recovery (like v1.3.1).
When you boot in recovery mode it should read v1.3.2!

Last edited:

Amon_RA

Jan 2, 2009
Hello everybody. I do apologize if i am writting this on the wrong thread. I just registered today.

I have a problem with the Amon RA 1.2.2 not being able to install apps to my
SD Card. On system recovery i select the option to install apps on sd card but apps are still being sent to the phone memory. I dont know if i have type in a command in the terminal or not because all i did was to select that option. I am running KINGcKx latest HERO ROM which is working fine does anybody have any ideas? My card has been partition. Any help will be appriciated. Thank You.

That option in v1.2.2 only moves the apps to ext, it doesn't do anything more.
If you want to use apps2sd (so actually use the apps you moved) you'll need to have a rom that supports it. Check with your rom dev how to do this.

goa200

Jun 8, 2009
That problem was solved in v1.3.2, you are still using v1.3.1..
Also make sure that you don't restore an old nandroid backup which restores an older recovery (like v1.3.1).

Oops my bad. ill make sure ill update it asap.
but i can restore an older backup then reflash the recovery and taking another backup?

Also is it possible to simply rename the backupfolders ??
as it is now it just says date and time and im pretty bad at remembering what backup containts what rom.

Amon_RA

Jan 2, 2009
Oops my bad. ill make sure ill update it asap.
but i can restore an older backup then reflash the recovery and taking another backup?

Also is it possible to simply rename the backupfolders ??
as it is now it just says date and time and im pretty bad at remembering what backup containts what rom.

- Restoring an older backup and reflashing the recovery will work ;)
- The name of the backupfolders are set by the Nandroid script, I didn't update the script, I just provided and interface for it. The problem is that the Magic doesn't have a keyboard so it's not easy to give a rom a name...

goa200

Jun 8, 2009
- Restoring an older backup and reflashing the recovery will work ;)
- The name of the backupfolders are set by the Nandroid script, I didn't update the script, I just provided and interface for it. The problem is that the Magic doesn't have a keyboard so it's not easy to give a rom a name...

i can always toggle masstorage and plug it in via usb to my computer and renaming it like that.

Mc S.H.O.

Nov 29, 2008
Deventer
Hello my friends

i have a question.... i want to flash my htc magic 32B nl vodafone

this are my settings

htc magic 32B NL Vodafone
Android 1.6

SAPPHIRE UNKNOWN 32B SHIP S-ON G
HBOOT-1.33.0006 (SAPP10000)
CPLD-1-
RADIO-2.22.19.261
MAY 27 2009, 19:06:41

HBOOT

<BACK> DASTBOOT MODE

Can i put your recovery.img into my SD Card
then i go to the fastboot mode
and make a nandroid backup
and then install your recovery?

thisoneguy

Jul 9, 2009
Another oustanding release, love the bart option in the menu. With a magic, dont have a hard keyboard, not always around a computer, so never got to use it...

pack

Aug 12, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
when i mount -a in my shell i get an error
mount: cannot read /etc/fstab: no such file or directory
is it necessary to mount this folder?

BurnOmatic

Sep 26, 2009
California

this happened to me because i had the phone plugged into the power, pc usb, etc... what i did is i unplugged it then the phone recognized the file because it says setting up sdcard etc.. that's probly your problem.

hikki2000

Aug 29, 2009
Amon_RA, suggest you change the wording 'wipe data partition' back to 'wipe data/factory reset', wipe data partition is a bit confusing to noob...?

djungelmums

Oct 2, 2009
Stockholm

Fstab is a file, not a folder. This file has the info of what is going to be mounted and where.

Probably the same problem as Burnomatic describes.
The sdcard cant be reached by the phone if its mounted by the computer.

pack

Aug 12, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
Fstab is a file, not a folder. This file has the info of what is going to be mounted and where.

Probably the same problem as Burnomatic describes.
The sdcard cant be reached by the phone if its mounted by the computer.

I understand that but my problem is that when I run the "mount -a" I get back this error:
mount: cannot read /etc/fstab: no such file or director

just to clarify my phone is not pluged into usb/power/anything and I did switch user to root...
also the rom is Hero_Over's vMT3G.2 "Slick Willy"
....any other suggestions?

shohid1234

Oct 30, 2009
London
mobiletechblogger.co.uk
I was having trouble flashing roms so I used a vodafone uk nandroid image and now I have lost root access.

Checking on my fastboot, it has changed from:
PVT 32B ship s-on G
to:
PVT 32B eng s-off H

Presumably because I have flashed crios eng spl.

So my question is, "s-off H" is found on 32A HTC branded devices, and my phone is a 32B Google branded. So what amon ra recovery should I use?

im assuming because its a 32B board i should use G and not H.
Am I correct.

pack

Aug 12, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
im assuming because its a 32B board i should use G and not H.
Am I correct.

Well if you look here at amon's instructions to root the mt3g...
he has you switch your phone from "G" to "H" and when you do that he has you load his "H" recovery even though the mt3g is "G"
then he has you go back to "G" and after you do that he has you using his "G" version

Thats just what I got from it heres the original so you can check it out
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=547133

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a custom recovery based on Cyanogen's recovery source with a lot of things added by me. The purpose of this recovery is to avoid using adb by accessing all features directly from the menu.

All source code is available at github.

This recovery if for the HTC Magic/MT3G only, if you have an :
    - HTC Dream/G1 you should go here.
    - HTC Hero you should go here.
    - HTC Sprint Hero you should go here.
    - HTC Eris you should go here.
    - HTC Tattoo you should go here.
    - HTC Nexus One you should go here.

Important notes
    • 32A users with SPL 1.76.x should flash the Hero version! (Will be updated to v1.7.0 soon!!)
    • Always check recovery.log before posting your issues!
      You can do this by doing :
      • "cat /tmp/recovery.log" OR "cat /cache/recovery/log" right after you had the issue.
      • Use the "move log to sd" option in the "others" menu right after you had the issue. This will move the log to /sdcard/recovery.log so you can easily open it with a text editor.

Features

Use the trackball (up+down) to navigate through the menu, press the trackball to select items.
    You can also use the volume keys (vol-up + vol-down) to navigate, and the CALL-ANSWER key to select items (in case your trackball is broken).

• full ADB access in recovery mode
    • Busybox v1.15.3
    • HW-Key navigation (volume keys + CALL-ANSWER) option
    • Extended menu (with keyboard-shortcuts):
      • Reboot system now :: reboot your phone
      • USB-MS Toggle :: enable/disable USB mass storage (use when the phone is connected to your PC)
      • Backup/Restore (recovery partition not included!)
        • Nand backup :: Make a Nand backup
        • Nand + ext backup :: Make a Nand + ext backup
        • Nand restore :: Restore a Nand backup
        • BART backup :: Make a BART backup (Nand + ext)
        • BART restore :: Restore latest BART backup
        • Bck Google files :: Makes a backup of the Google proprietary system files in /cache/google
        • Rst Google files :: Restores the Google proprietary system files from /cache/google
      • Flash zip from sdcard :: Flash a zip update file from your sdcard
      • Wipe
        • Wipe data/factory reset :: Wipe /data and /cache
        • Wipe cache :: Wipe /cache only
        • Wipe Dalvik-cache :: Wipe /cache/dalvik-cache
        • Wipe SD:ext partition : Wipe the ext partition on your sdcard
        • Wipe battery stats : Wipe the battery stats in /data
        • Wipe rotate settings : Wipe the sensor settings in /data
      • Partition sdcard
        • Partition SD :: Interactive SD partitioning
        • Repair SD:ext :: Repair the ext partition
        • SD:ext2 to ext3 :: Convert ext2 to ext3
        • SD:ext3 to ext4 :: Convert ext3 to ext4
      • Other
        • Fix apk uid mismatches :: Does extacly that
        • Move recovery.log to SD :: Moves the recovery log file to your sdcard. (Use when you want more detailed recovery log information)
      • Power off :: Powers off your phone
    • Scripts available via adb :

Install

• There are several ways to install a custom recovery, choose the one that suits you most (I probably forgot a few).
    • You don't need to enter "mount -a" if your partitions are already mounted.
    • Use the H/G version if your Magic is HTC branded (PVT 32A board)/Google branded (PVT 32B board).

via fastboot :
    • Requires engineerings SPL!
    Code:
    Copy recovery-RA-sapphire-v1.7.0G.img to a location where fastboot can find it.
    Boot your G1 into fastboot mode (boot while holding BACK)
    Connect your G1 via usb to your pc/mac/...
    fastboot devices (to make sure that fastboot "sees" your device)
    fastboot flash recovery recovery-RA-sapphire-v1.7.0G.img

via adb :
    • Requires a custom recovery (with test-keys) like Cyanogen's v1.4 or my previous recovery
    • Do NOT follow these steps from a terminal application on the phone, make sure that you've booted into a custom recovery first!!!
    Code:
    Copy recovery-RA-sapphire-v1.7.0G.img to the root of your sdcard
    Boot into your current custom recovery (boot while holding HOME)
    Connect your G1 via usb to your pc/mac/...
    adb shell
    #mount -a (this can give back an error if you don't have an ext partition, don't worry about it and just proceed)
    #flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery-RA-sapphire-v1.7.0G.img

via terminal application installed on the phone :
    • Requires root
      [*]DO NOT use this method with CM5.0.7, there are currently some memory issues while flashing, use the above methods (preferably the fastboot method) instead until the issue is fixed in CM5.0.7!
    Code:
    Copy recovery-RA-sapphire-v1.7.0G.img to the root of your sdcard
    start the terminal app
    #flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery-RA-sapphire-v1.7.0G.img

Download

• ALWAYS check the md5sum to make sure the zip isn't corrupted.
    • Click on the Mirror-link if you don't like rapidshare
    • Use the H/G version if your Magic is HTC branded (PVT 32A board)/Google branded (PVT 32B board).

Change-log :

v1.7.0
    Code:
    - Fixed some minor bugs
    - Recovery and scripts use /sd-ext instead of /system/sd as mountpoint to support the new apps2sd method (implemented mostly by Chris Soyars)
    - Added an option to backup/restore Google proprietary Android system files (backuptool.sh written by Cyanogen)
    - Removed "move apps2sd"-option as it's not needed anymore with the new apps2sd method
    - Updated BART to v1.3.1 (updated by Dumfuq to support /sd-ext)
    - Added a wipe cache only option
    - Nandroid now backups/restores /cache again by default
    - Dalvik-cache wipes /cache/dalvik-cache now
    - Removed SDCARD: prefix in output when chosing zip to flash
    - Added Cyan version (There's no difference with the normal version, only the wallpaper and textcolor changed)

v1.6.2
    Code:
    - Added power off menu item
    - New unyaffs binary patched by Koushik Dutta and Packetlss to fix the "losing root"-issue and incorrect file-time after a Nandroid restore
    - New dump_image binary (by Brainaid) patched by Packetlss to fix the "bad blocks"- Nandroid restore issue.
    [COLOR="Red"][B](This will not fix old corrupted Nandroid backups! Please make new backups!!)[/B][/COLOR]
    - New mkyaffs2image binary
    - New flash_image binary
    - Updated busybox to v1.5.3
    - Nandroid menu options will NOT backup or restore recovery, cache, misc, splash1+2 (to avoid issues)
    - Fixed wipe option not wiping when ext was not present
    - Created carebear versions after the idea of packetlss
    - Switched the Nexus logo to a Green Carebear with Nexus One logo (Thanks Montalbert!)

Special thanks to :
    • packetlss for all the hours of support and awesome coding skills, THANKS man ^^, donate to Haiti
    • Koushik Dutta for the unyaffs binary code fix and help ^^
    • pensive for adding awesome features to Nandroid :)
    • Bkmo for his utility script!
    • Devsk for his switchrom script!
    • 51dusty for his sdparted script!
    • k4str0 for his fix_permissions v2.03 update.
    • Devsk, Dumfuq, Overground for creating BART :D
    • Androidappcritics for the reboot idea in BART :p
    • rikupw for the ideas and toggle_ums script.
    • MLIGN for the idea to port my recovery to the Dream.
    • http://theunlockr.com for all the awesome video’s ^^
    • JesusFreke for his awesome JFv1.43's recovery , donate
    Links in OP for 1.7.0 recoveries have been updated.
    I think its because the stock spl has signiture checking on. Change the spl though and...
    But there says "Only flash recovery-RA-hero-v1.6.2.img if you have a 32A Sapphire with 6.35.x.x radio and 1.76.x SPL, recovery-RA-hero-v1.7.0.1.img will NOT boot! I'll create a new Sapphire version soon."
    Thanks.
    Hello! Anyone who wants to get this recovery in 2022(and beyond) go here: 1pwn.ixmoe.com/websites/android.vslinux.net/downloads/recoveries/index.html
    There are H and G versions, as well as many interesting (e.g. CyanogenMod 6.1.1 for HTC Desire A8181)