XDA Forum login issues.

Search This thread

jacklebott

Oct 22, 2010
Land of the Idiots
Nope, I can't even get the beta 1024 to work. I tried wiping caches, clearing all XDA cookies, nothing works. Every 15 minutes, it thinks I'm logged out still

vegaman

Jan 30, 2010
Auckland
I've been having issues with getting logged out as well. Trying the 1024 version theme to see if that works for me.

FloatingFatMan

Apr 20, 2005
Still doing it, despite cleaning cache. Not going to use the 1024 version of the new skin, because the new skin is crap. I use the 2010 skin.

Please fix this.

3raser

Oct 27, 2008
Gouda
I was having the same issue. I bookmarked the forum overview for my device, but every time i visited i was logged out. A refresh of the same page logged me back in.

I logged out, deleted all domain cookies and session cookies, logged back in -> same issue.
Then i deleted my bookmark (Firefox), did the same thing and recreated my bookmark. Now the issue is gone. Some sort of bookmark session/cookie bug or just dump luck? If i get logged out again i'll post back here.

[edit] My solution was temporary. After a couple of minutes (about 20 or so) i was logged out again.
The Beta 1024 doesn't fit my needs, so that's not an option. It's missing the sidebar as it seems.

Last edited:

tamanaco

Jul 18, 2006
New York
I was experiencing the login issue with the skins and switched to the 2013 Beta - 1024... it worked for about a day or so, but now it also signs me off.

tallyforeman

Nov 18, 2011
The Bikini State!
I have noticed that if you just keep navigating, you will inadvertantly log back in without going through the log in process. Also something else that works for me: just hit "back" and you will still logged in. Then navigate from there.

fortunz

Apr 19, 2009
inside
I've been logged out almost daily despite checking stay logged in. I've just switched to the recommended theme, we'll see if that works. Thanks to the op.

3raser

Oct 27, 2008
Gouda
Maybe changing the title from [solution] to [still a problem] would help? Because i don't see any solution.

iBotPeaches

Recognized Developer
Apr 8, 2011
Tampa
connortumbleson.com
Stopped working for me again. I wiped caches and cookies and still no go. All my posting is now done via tapatalk since it keeps me logged in.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2

zim2dive

Feb 15, 2007
NC
I am also seeing this problem.. all was working just fine for years, until this past week... I have to log in almost every time. going to try the solution now

EDIT: changing theme did not work for me.
EDIT: I flushed cookies yesterday, and that did not work either.
EDIT: I have seen the issue both with forumdisplay.php and with subscriptions.php

Last edited:

fortunz

Apr 19, 2009
inside
Switching to the 1024 theme hasn't helped me, but I've noticed as one other poster did that as you navigate further without logging in, you're suddenly logged in again.

dlads

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
Nothing Phone 2
EDIT: Not an advertising issue, as pointed out throughout this thread. Potential solution (works for me) is to change the forum theme. Go to the lower left of the forums and use the drop-down box. Change to the last option XDA 2013 beta 1024. This has fixed the issue for me, as well as for Formicae (post #4) who reported this fix.
[/strike]

Cheers M8, appreciate it.

Been having this on a few machines and it's been bugging me.

zim2dive

Feb 15, 2007
NC
I've tried several themes over the past 24 hours.. and wiped cookies, and cache.. and still had to log in again this morning :(

ltcdata

Jan 23, 2012
When you log in, do you check "Remember me?" This will set a persistant cookie to keep you logged in.

Nope.
I cleared cookes, everything.
With the checkbox "remember me" checked, when i login i still notice the "nocache=1" in the url bar. And then, if i close the window, i have to re-login again.

---------- Post added at 07:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:59 PM ----------

Are those having issues with staying logged in behind a proxy?

I'm trying to figure out why this might be happening with some and not all, could be with proxies dropping some of the headers that the site needs to tell if you are logged in or not.

At my work (behind proxy) and at my home (direct connection), it's the same.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    EDIT: Not an advertising issue, as pointed out throughout this thread. Potential solution (works for me) is to change the forum theme. Go to the lower left of the forums and use the drop-down box. Change to the last option XDA 2013 beta 1024. This has fixed the issue for me, as well as for Formicae (post #4) who reported this fix.

Yesterday I started having issues with the website. Whenever I'd visit, I'd have to log back in. However, navigating to a subforum would automatically log me in. I initially assumed that it had to do with me getting Chrome 23 last night. However, then I noticed it happening on my phone's browser (Stock touchwiz browser). I didn't just have two systems go loopy at the same time.

I'm one of those oddballs that uses an adblocker but whitelists domains that I trust. I want you guys to get advertising revenue from me because I support the website. But, I noticed the problem resolved on my phone whenever I got around the popup ad. So, I re-enabled ad-blocking on this domain. Guess what? Problem solved. No more login issues.

Might want to look at your advertisements and see what's preventing users from remaining logged in. I could login and navigate to the subforums, but then if I clicked the forum button at the top, I'd be logged out again until I navigated elsewhere. There's an advertisement doing this.
    This should fix the problem for anyone that was being driven mad by this when using Chrome.

Edit your XDA bookmark and add this at the end /login.php?do=login

For example, I bookmark the Galaxy s2 forum like this - http://xdaforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1055/login.php?do=login and now I can log in every time without it keep forgetting my username and password all the time.
    I switched to the XDA 2013 Beta theme (bottom left of browser window, drop menu) and haven't had to log in again despite a couple of browser restarts and a computer restart. Might be nothing, but worth a shot?
    Some new changes may be causing this - these are being investigated.
    Somehow it seems fixed since about 15:00 UTC. I still have to log in again, but now it's more in 2 hour intervals.

That is great, I did tweak a setting, maybe that did the trick. Let me know how it goes.