Jiayu G2S - "unofficial forum"

Search This thread

twrock

Sep 26, 2009
JIAYU G2S
attachment.php

The Jiayu G2S was released on January 1, 2013. It was a significant upgrade to the G2 with a lot of hardware changes. For the price, it had an impressive list of specifications:
  • MTK MT6577T ARMv7 Cortex-A9 Dual-core 1.2GHz processor
  • GPU: PowerVR SGX531
  • 4 inch QHD IPS screen, 960x540 pixel display, OGS (One Glass Screen)
  • Dual SIM cards supporting GSM 850/900/1800/1900mhz & WCDMA 3G 2100mhz network (only one 3G slot)
  • 1GB RAM / 4GB ROM
  • Supports up to 32gb class 12 microSD card (TF card)
  • 8MP rear camera, 2MP front camera
  • Supports WiFi a/b/g & WiFi hotspot, Bluetooth with EDR & A2DP, GPS & AGPS
  • Android 4.1 OS (Jelly Bean), multi-language
  • FM Radio
  • Gravity Sensor, Proximity Sensor, Light Sensor, Magnetic Sensor, Gyroscopic Sensor
  • 2200mah battery
  • Size: 125 x 61x 9.9mm
  • Weight: 145g with battery

Overall, I really like the look and feel of the phone. Except for the ear speaker hole, the front is one solid piece of glass, wrapped around with a very solid metal frame. The metal frame is not just a thin piece of sheet metal, but is cast metal, provides for complete rigidity for the whole phone, and should do a good job of protecting that large piece of screen glass. This also means that the phone has a bit of weight, but that feels good in my hand. Additionally, I like the more rectangular design of the phone and the more square edge down the sides that the flat metal frame provides. It is very easy to hold onto.

Call quality is very good for me. Reception seems on par with other phones I've used. The wifi might be a bit weaker than my Huawei G300, but it is fine. The screen is very nice to look at and very sensitive, but you should read below about the "jump screen" problem. You should also read below about potential problems with GPS connection issues. I've now owned two of these phones. The first had the jump screen problem, and was replaced under warranty. The replacement has terrible GPS pickup, but no jump screen problem.

The large battery means that I have no problem getting through a day of use, and I probably could use it for two days without a charge most of the time. (But I do not use the phone for gaming.) The phone runs most of the time at 1001mhz or 250mhz when on, and will only jump to 1200mhz in extreme conditions. "Deep sleep" mode is for when the screen is off, but the phone will run at 1001mhz when charging no matter if it is on and being used or not. That is an issue for phones based on this MTK chipset and not exclusive to the JY G2S.

Jiayu includes a few apps targeting the Chinese market for this phone, but other than that, the OS is mostly "vanilla" Android Jelly Bean (AOSP). The phone comes already rooted, so freezing or deleting unwanted apps is a simple solution for what you don't want. There are a number of modified roms available already, including the Lewa rom (http://www.needrom.com/phone-roms/jiayu/g2s/). But you should note that later hardware versions of this phone have different components. You should make a note of what the rom version is that came installed on your phone so that you know what hardware version you are using.

"Jump Screen" Problem Solved?:
Many of the first batch of phones were plagued with screen problems. Commonly referred to as the "jump screen" problem, the result is that when scrolling through screens of data, the screen just "jumps" to a different location without any apparent reason. The screen also "quivers" when touching it, even if you aren't moving your finger. Jiayu promptly acknowledged the problem and tried to correct it with a quick ROM update released on January 9, 2013. (The build number of the ROM is: G2S 20130108-104044.) This ROM update did seem to work for some, but for others the problem persisted.

At this point, I personally don't know if the problem has been completely solved in the manufacturing of subsequent batches of the phone. My phone had the problem, and flashing the new ROM did not solve it. I returned the phone for replacement under warranty and did receive a replacement phone that does not have the problem. So whether or not there still is a manufacturing problem, Jiayu can replace the phone with one that works. However, see below for the GPS connection problem that I now have. :mad:

GPS Connection Problems:
There are also a number of users here who are reporting difficulty with weak GPS fix. My GPS fix on my first phone was excellent, but my replacement phone is not good at all. It has been suggested to install "Faster GPS" from the Play Store, which will let you set your location. Also, you can look at this post from later in this thread for more information: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=39975417&postcount=209. (Please post any solutions you discover in this thread.)

ROM Flashing:
One of my initial struggles was getting the official rom flashing tool to work. I finally got things going, and I hope I can help others who "just don't get it". :) So if you want some detailed instructions in English for how to flashing a new official ROM onto the Jiayu G2S, have a look at the second post. (If you are flashing a third-party rom, follow the rom builder's instructions.)

ClockworkMod Recovery:
"Thingbreaker" has provided us with a working CWM Recovery. Here's his post link: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=37521066&postcount=28
There are two ways to flash the CWM Recovery image: using the ROM flashing tool (harder) or using Mobileuncle Tools (easier).
  • To use Mobileuncle Tools, install it from the Play Store (free). Copy the CWM Recovery image file to the root of your SD card, making sure there are no spaces in the filename. Run Mobileuncle Tools and choose Recovery Update. Choose the recovery image file that Thingbreaker provided.
  • To use the ROM flashing tool, you first you need to understand how to flash a complete rom as explained in the second post of this thread directly below. After you know how to do that, then look at this post to learn what is different about only flashing the recovery image: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=37499848&postcount=23

Conclusion:
I do not recommend purchasing this phone. Period. Until Jiayu can do a better job of quality control, I don't recommend their products. There are other companies out there who's phones are only slightly more expensive, but who have a much better reputation for quality control.

Jiayu, if you are reading this, you need to do better! And you really need to improve your repair department as well. Sending me a replacement phone with a GPS problem causes me to wonder if you are using the "shuffle" method of passing around bad phones instead of repairing them. I'm NOT a satisfied customer.

Attachments

• JiayuG2S.png
    JiayuG2S.png
    188.9 KB · Views: 40,543
Last edited:

twrock

Sep 26, 2009
“Unofficial” Guide to Flashing the Official Jiayu G2S ROM

Disclaimer: I’m just one guy who got this to work after a lot of trial and error. I’m only telling you how I did it. I don’t claim it will work for you. I don’t guarantee you won’t brick your phone by following these instructions. And you should understand that if you don’t bother to read carefully and do exactly what I say, you really can brick your phone. Also, it seems there has been an upgrade to some of the components in later versions of the phone released in March 2013, and you will want to verify which version of the phone you have before installing any roms. You should be able to check the rom build information for the date on your particular phone. This guide only describes how to flash the official rom from Jiayu for the G2S. If you intend to install some other third-party rom, please follow that rom builder's instructions.​

Pre-requisites:
  • You need a PC running Microsoft Windows 2000 or higher.
  • If you haven’t previously installed msxml 6.0 and .net Framework 4.0 or higher on you Windows PC, do so first. Get them directly from Microsoft. (I assume you know how to search.)

Download the following:
  • Latest Jiayu G2S ROM update; the rom I installed was the G2s_20130109-104044 stock rom: http://pan.baidu.com/share/link?shareid=157669&uk=839171988 (Note: the build number of the ROM after installation is: G2S 20130108-104044; don't be confused by the name of the file.) Use Google Translate if you need to see which button to push to start the download. Also note that there is a newer official rom for newer versions of the phone. The rom date is 20130306. I don't know what happens if you install the newer version on an older phone.
  • This zip file contains the Android USB driver, VCom drivers, SP Flash Tool, and a document of these instructions (ReadMe.doc): http://www.mediafire.com/?tc4q3wy5eabowhf

Unzip the files you downloaded and move/copy folders and files where they need to go:
  • Within the rom zip that you downloaded from the Baidu website, you can find the \G2s_20130109-104044 sub-folder. This folder contains the actual rom files (14 files). Move this entire folder onto your desktop. The reason for doing this is that there are folders within the zip file whose names contain characters that your version of Windows might not be able to read, even if you can see them in Windows Explorer (the filemanager). This will cause you trouble when you try to flash the rom.
  • After unzipping the driver and flash tool zip file, you will find the \USB-VCOM-Drivers folder with \INF and \SYS sub-folders. In the \INF folder there are three other sub-folders: \ 2K_XP_COM, \Vista, and \Win7.
  1. Copy the \INF\cdc-acm.inf file into your C:\Windows\inf folder. (You may have to give permission to do this.)
  2. Based on your version of Windows (2K-XP, Vista, Win7, 32-bit or 64-bit), locate the one correct usb2ser_????.inf file and copy it to your C:\Windows\inf folder. (You may have to give permission to do this.)
  3. Copy both the \SYS\androidusb.sys and \SYS\usbser.sys into your C:\Windows\System32\driver folder. (You may have to give permission to do this.)

Install the drivers:
  • Plug your phone into your computer with a USB cable. If you had not previously installed the drivers, the system will start trying to install them.
  • If the system asks you to choose to install the drivers, click on “install the software automatically” and proceed.
  • If system is unsuccessful in locating and installing the drivers, you can try to go back and locate the drivers yourself by pointing to the individual files, but this should not happen if you properly copied the drivers over to your C:\Windows system folders.

BACKUP YOUR DATA NOW!
  • Proceeding beyond this point is going to mean that EVERYTHING on you phone is going to be deleted and a new system will replace it.
  • You have been warned!

Warning!
  • Attempting to install a rom that does not use the correct “scatter” file (see description below) will brick your phone. Don’t do it. If you aren’t sure a rom is made for your phone, don’t attempt to install it.

Install the updated ROM:
1. Turn off your phone, open the back, and remove the battery.
2. Plug your USB cable into your PC and phone. If your PC attempts to install drivers, let it finish.
3. Unplug your phone from the cable.
4. Start the SP Flash Tool program by clicking on the Flash_tool.exe file. If you get a security warning, allow it to run.

attachment.php

5. Click on the “Scatter-loading” button on the right side.
6. Browse to your \Desktop\G2s_20130109-104044 folder and choose the MT6577_Android_scatter_emmc.txt file. All other files will be chosen automatically.

attachment.php

7. Click on the “Firmware -> Upgrade” button.
8. Plug your USB cable firmly into the phone. The Flash Tool will automatically start flashing your new rom. Wait for it to finish and show you the green circle.

attachment.php

9. Unplug your phone from the cable.

Rebooting the phone:
1. Install your battery.
2. Very carefully, without touching the screen, push the power button.
3. Do not touch the phone as it boots!
4. After it has completed booting, you may again use your phone normally.

Attachments

• flashstarted.jpg
    flashstarted.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 41,713
  • flashready.jpg
    flashready.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 41,679
  • flashcomplete.jpg
    flashcomplete.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 41,755
Last edited:

twrock

Sep 26, 2009
Following the advice that it might help if the phone is very cold when updating to the new rom, I tried putting it in the refrigerator. Unfortunately, that did not seem to help in my case. The phone still has the "jump screen" problem.

Of course, any other ideas would be appreciated as well.

Has anyone yet been successful in creating a Recovery mod (i.e. ClockworkMod Recovery)?

Last edited:

twrock

Sep 26, 2009
Thanks for the advice. But I'm not using a screen protector, and I am being very careful about not touching the phone. Nothing seems to help. :(

Sent from my G2S using xda app-developers app

arkas5

Dec 26, 2012
Have you identified production date of your phone? Is there a sticker anywhere? We might come to a conclusion later on, of which date onward the factory has solved the problem... It might be a hardware problem after all.:(
Still waiting for mine to arrive...

Last edited:

sdssss

Dec 9, 2008
hi there, for those who already have in their hands the g2s is it possible to give more reviews about its gps and the camera especially at night? thanks

fcsabika

Nov 12, 2010
Cegléd
xdaforums.com
Hi.
I have just created a ClockWorkMod recovery image for the Jiayu G2S.
I don't have the phone yet, it is still on its way, so I can't guarantee that it will work.
Download: http://db.tt/vFO4S6Mc
When flashing this recovery, use the same scatter file as for the stock rom.
If you don't have the scatter file here it is: http://db.tt/Z4TWPowQ
Please try it at your own risk, and give me feedback.

Reactions: knives69

spiridonakis

Mar 1, 2010
I received mine today. I am stunned. This thing is amazing. After all the HTC's I have this is a dream.

Mine doesn't seem to have the screen problem, but has the 20130108 firmware. I will wait a couple of days and see how it's running and the flash it.

CWM for this would be amazing and unabridged CyanogenMod would be even greater. Wonderful times!!!

twrock

Sep 26, 2009
Hi.
I have just created a ClockWorkMod recovery image for the Jiayu G2S.
I don't have the phone yet, it is still on its way, so I can't guarantee that it will work.
Download: http://db.tt/vFO4S6Mc
When flashing this recovery, use the same scatter file as for the stock rom.
If you don't have the scatter file here it is: http://db.tt/Z4TWPowQ
Please try it at your own risk, and give me feedback.

I'll give it a try.
What method did you use to create it? Did you use Koush's "builder"?
I also tried to make a CWM Recovery using the builder. The builder said it was successful, but the resulting CW recovery would not boot.
I'll let you know when I have the time to try it. Thanks.

twrock

Sep 26, 2009
Anyone know how to get rid of the Google search bar at the top of the standard Launcher? I'd guess that Google doesn't want us to be able to get rid of it. ;)

twrock

Sep 26, 2009
hi there, for those who already have in their hands the g2s is it possible to give more reviews about its gps and the camera especially at night? thanks

I don't know if my experience is much help. I live in Taiwan, so I suspect my GPS satellite locks were about the same as they would be in China. So for what it's worth....

My first GPS use locked in less than two minutes. I was outside in a parking lot on a clear day when I started. I got into the car after about 30 seconds and put the phone on the dashboard. It was locked in before the screen shut off (which is set at 2 minutes). I did not have Wifi connected, so no help from that. Subsequent to that first use, locking in took less than 15 seconds.

I haven't taken any pictures at night, so I can't help you there.

I'll mention here that if I decided to order this phone today, I'd find a way to get it straight from Jiayu. I ordered mine from Etotalk.com (and wasted money on their "Etotalk mod rom"), and they aren't being very helpful with aftersales follow up. I finally gave up on them and am now talking straight to Jiayu support. But I have to wait until after Chinese New Year to send it back. They said that they would not be able to replace the phone until after Chinese New Year anyway, so sending it back now would only mean I would be without the phone longer.

thingbreaker

Mar 15, 2011
hello, i'm G2S first batch too, what do you mean about shaking problem? is it shake hard ? i got the problem while charging the phone, but if it's unplug, it's seems to be normal.

i'll try the new firmware from this thread, thanks for the link :laugh:

by the way, i've ported the CWM recovery for G2S, i'll upload it if you need it :eek:

sempracurtir

Jan 10, 2013
For those who already have the phone, is the signal strong even if you are inside buildings?
I'm asking this because many users report that jiayu g3's signal is very week when you get indoor, and i'd like to know if it was corrected in this version.

thingbreaker

Mar 15, 2011
For those who already have the phone, is the signal strong even if you are inside buildings?
I'm asking this because many users report that jiayu g3's signal is very week when you get indoor, and i'd like to know if it was corrected in this version.

my phone is work normally even inside the buildings it depends on the network carrier, except you're in the basement :D

by the way, i've flashed the newest firmware from the page1, and the "jumpscreen" error while charging is now fixed. More stable touchscreen, thanks man :laugh:

fcsabika

Nov 12, 2010
Cegléd
xdaforums.com
I'll give it a try.
What method did you use to create it? Did you use Koush's "builder"?
I also tried to make a CWM Recovery using the builder. The builder said it was successful, but the resulting CW recovery would not boot.
I'll let you know when I have the time to try it. Thanks.

Yes I have used the builder.
So did anyone try my CWM recovery?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    “Unofficial” Guide to Flashing the Official Jiayu G2S ROM

Disclaimer: I’m just one guy who got this to work after a lot of trial and error. I’m only telling you how I did it. I don’t claim it will work for you. I don’t guarantee you won’t brick your phone by following these instructions. And you should understand that if you don’t bother to read carefully and do exactly what I say, you really can brick your phone. Also, it seems there has been an upgrade to some of the components in later versions of the phone released in March 2013, and you will want to verify which version of the phone you have before installing any roms. You should be able to check the rom build information for the date on your particular phone. This guide only describes how to flash the official rom from Jiayu for the G2S. If you intend to install some other third-party rom, please follow that rom builder's instructions.​

Pre-requisites:
    • You need a PC running Microsoft Windows 2000 or higher.
    • If you haven’t previously installed msxml 6.0 and .net Framework 4.0 or higher on you Windows PC, do so first. Get them directly from Microsoft. (I assume you know how to search.)

Download the following:
    • Latest Jiayu G2S ROM update; the rom I installed was the G2s_20130109-104044 stock rom: http://pan.baidu.com/share/link?shareid=157669&uk=839171988 (Note: the build number of the ROM after installation is: G2S 20130108-104044; don't be confused by the name of the file.) Use Google Translate if you need to see which button to push to start the download. Also note that there is a newer official rom for newer versions of the phone. The rom date is 20130306. I don't know what happens if you install the newer version on an older phone.
    • This zip file contains the Android USB driver, VCom drivers, SP Flash Tool, and a document of these instructions (ReadMe.doc): http://www.mediafire.com/?tc4q3wy5eabowhf

Unzip the files you downloaded and move/copy folders and files where they need to go:
    • Within the rom zip that you downloaded from the Baidu website, you can find the \G2s_20130109-104044 sub-folder. This folder contains the actual rom files (14 files). Move this entire folder onto your desktop. The reason for doing this is that there are folders within the zip file whose names contain characters that your version of Windows might not be able to read, even if you can see them in Windows Explorer (the filemanager). This will cause you trouble when you try to flash the rom.
    • After unzipping the driver and flash tool zip file, you will find the \USB-VCOM-Drivers folder with \INF and \SYS sub-folders. In the \INF folder there are three other sub-folders: \ 2K_XP_COM, \Vista, and \Win7.
    1. Copy the \INF\cdc-acm.inf file into your C:\Windows\inf folder. (You may have to give permission to do this.)
    2. Based on your version of Windows (2K-XP, Vista, Win7, 32-bit or 64-bit), locate the one correct usb2ser_????.inf file and copy it to your C:\Windows\inf folder. (You may have to give permission to do this.)
    3. Copy both the \SYS\androidusb.sys and \SYS\usbser.sys into your C:\Windows\System32\driver folder. (You may have to give permission to do this.)

Install the drivers:
    • Plug your phone into your computer with a USB cable. If you had not previously installed the drivers, the system will start trying to install them.
    • If the system asks you to choose to install the drivers, click on “install the software automatically” and proceed.
    • If system is unsuccessful in locating and installing the drivers, you can try to go back and locate the drivers yourself by pointing to the individual files, but this should not happen if you properly copied the drivers over to your C:\Windows system folders.

BACKUP YOUR DATA NOW!
    • Proceeding beyond this point is going to mean that EVERYTHING on you phone is going to be deleted and a new system will replace it.
    • You have been warned!

Warning!
    • Attempting to install a rom that does not use the correct “scatter” file (see description below) will brick your phone. Don’t do it. If you aren’t sure a rom is made for your phone, don’t attempt to install it.

Install the updated ROM:
    1. Turn off your phone, open the back, and remove the battery.
    2. Plug your USB cable into your PC and phone. If your PC attempts to install drivers, let it finish.
    3. Unplug your phone from the cable.
    4. Start the SP Flash Tool program by clicking on the Flash_tool.exe file. If you get a security warning, allow it to run.

attachment.php

5. Click on the “Scatter-loading” button on the right side.
    6. Browse to your \Desktop\G2s_20130109-104044 folder and choose the MT6577_Android_scatter_emmc.txt file. All other files will be chosen automatically.

attachment.php

7. Click on the “Firmware -> Upgrade” button.
    8. Plug your USB cable firmly into the phone. The Flash Tool will automatically start flashing your new rom. Wait for it to finish and show you the green circle.

attachment.php

9. Unplug your phone from the cable.

Rebooting the phone:
    1. Install your battery.
    2. Very carefully, without touching the screen, push the power button.
    3. Do not touch the phone as it boots!
    4. After it has completed booting, you may again use your phone normally.
    JIAYU G2S
    attachment.php

The Jiayu G2S was released on January 1, 2013. It was a significant upgrade to the G2 with a lot of hardware changes. For the price, it had an impressive list of specifications:
    • MTK MT6577T ARMv7 Cortex-A9 Dual-core 1.2GHz processor
    • GPU: PowerVR SGX531
    • 4 inch QHD IPS screen, 960x540 pixel display, OGS (One Glass Screen)
    • Dual SIM cards supporting GSM 850/900/1800/1900mhz & WCDMA 3G 2100mhz network (only one 3G slot)
    • 1GB RAM / 4GB ROM
    • Supports up to 32gb class 12 microSD card (TF card)
    • 8MP rear camera, 2MP front camera
    • Supports WiFi a/b/g & WiFi hotspot, Bluetooth with EDR & A2DP, GPS & AGPS
    • Android 4.1 OS (Jelly Bean), multi-language
    • FM Radio
    • Gravity Sensor, Proximity Sensor, Light Sensor, Magnetic Sensor, Gyroscopic Sensor
    • 2200mah battery
    • Size: 125 x 61x 9.9mm
    • Weight: 145g with battery

Overall, I really like the look and feel of the phone. Except for the ear speaker hole, the front is one solid piece of glass, wrapped around with a very solid metal frame. The metal frame is not just a thin piece of sheet metal, but is cast metal, provides for complete rigidity for the whole phone, and should do a good job of protecting that large piece of screen glass. This also means that the phone has a bit of weight, but that feels good in my hand. Additionally, I like the more rectangular design of the phone and the more square edge down the sides that the flat metal frame provides. It is very easy to hold onto.

Call quality is very good for me. Reception seems on par with other phones I've used. The wifi might be a bit weaker than my Huawei G300, but it is fine. The screen is very nice to look at and very sensitive, but you should read below about the "jump screen" problem. You should also read below about potential problems with GPS connection issues. I've now owned two of these phones. The first had the jump screen problem, and was replaced under warranty. The replacement has terrible GPS pickup, but no jump screen problem.

The large battery means that I have no problem getting through a day of use, and I probably could use it for two days without a charge most of the time. (But I do not use the phone for gaming.) The phone runs most of the time at 1001mhz or 250mhz when on, and will only jump to 1200mhz in extreme conditions. "Deep sleep" mode is for when the screen is off, but the phone will run at 1001mhz when charging no matter if it is on and being used or not. That is an issue for phones based on this MTK chipset and not exclusive to the JY G2S.

Jiayu includes a few apps targeting the Chinese market for this phone, but other than that, the OS is mostly "vanilla" Android Jelly Bean (AOSP). The phone comes already rooted, so freezing or deleting unwanted apps is a simple solution for what you don't want. There are a number of modified roms available already, including the Lewa rom (http://www.needrom.com/phone-roms/jiayu/g2s/). But you should note that later hardware versions of this phone have different components. You should make a note of what the rom version is that came installed on your phone so that you know what hardware version you are using.

"Jump Screen" Problem Solved?:
    Many of the first batch of phones were plagued with screen problems. Commonly referred to as the "jump screen" problem, the result is that when scrolling through screens of data, the screen just "jumps" to a different location without any apparent reason. The screen also "quivers" when touching it, even if you aren't moving your finger. Jiayu promptly acknowledged the problem and tried to correct it with a quick ROM update released on January 9, 2013. (The build number of the ROM is: G2S 20130108-104044.) This ROM update did seem to work for some, but for others the problem persisted.

At this point, I personally don't know if the problem has been completely solved in the manufacturing of subsequent batches of the phone. My phone had the problem, and flashing the new ROM did not solve it. I returned the phone for replacement under warranty and did receive a replacement phone that does not have the problem. So whether or not there still is a manufacturing problem, Jiayu can replace the phone with one that works. However, see below for the GPS connection problem that I now have. :mad:

GPS Connection Problems:
    There are also a number of users here who are reporting difficulty with weak GPS fix. My GPS fix on my first phone was excellent, but my replacement phone is not good at all. It has been suggested to install "Faster GPS" from the Play Store, which will let you set your location. Also, you can look at this post from later in this thread for more information: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=39975417&postcount=209. (Please post any solutions you discover in this thread.)

ROM Flashing:
    One of my initial struggles was getting the official rom flashing tool to work. I finally got things going, and I hope I can help others who "just don't get it". :) So if you want some detailed instructions in English for how to flashing a new official ROM onto the Jiayu G2S, have a look at the second post. (If you are flashing a third-party rom, follow the rom builder's instructions.)

ClockworkMod Recovery:
    "Thingbreaker" has provided us with a working CWM Recovery. Here's his post link: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=37521066&postcount=28
    There are two ways to flash the CWM Recovery image: using the ROM flashing tool (harder) or using Mobileuncle Tools (easier).
    • To use Mobileuncle Tools, install it from the Play Store (free). Copy the CWM Recovery image file to the root of your SD card, making sure there are no spaces in the filename. Run Mobileuncle Tools and choose Recovery Update. Choose the recovery image file that Thingbreaker provided.
    • To use the ROM flashing tool, you first you need to understand how to flash a complete rom as explained in the second post of this thread directly below. After you know how to do that, then look at this post to learn what is different about only flashing the recovery image: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=37499848&postcount=23

Conclusion:
    I do not recommend purchasing this phone. Period. Until Jiayu can do a better job of quality control, I don't recommend their products. There are other companies out there who's phones are only slightly more expensive, but who have a much better reputation for quality control.

Jiayu, if you are reading this, you need to do better! And you really need to improve your repair department as well. Sending me a replacement phone with a GPS problem causes me to wonder if you are using the "shuffle" method of passing around bad phones instead of repairing them. I'm NOT a satisfied customer.
    My G2S has a problem with GPS signal too. After reading this thread I decided to try hardware mod.
    First of all I dismantled the phone. Its very easy to do. All you need is one very small philips (PH 0) screwdriver and piece of hard and thin plastic (I used plastic knife)

Remove 6 screws on the back and open back cover with plastic knife. GPS antenna is on the top right corner. It looks like copper foil with some glue to keep it in place. Here is the photo:

img0404.jpg

I am 100% sure that one is for GPS because my phone couldnt find any satellite signal for almost 30 minutes.
    To remove it you must carefully peel it of from every corner. When you finish external side you must peel of its connector on internal side of back cover. Once everything is free it is easy to take it out. Another photo:

img0408.jpg

Than I made test antenna from thin aluminium foil for kitchen use. This was just temporary antenna because the foil is very thin, sensitive and difficult to fix in right place. I am looking for thicker alu or, even better, copper foil for permanent solution.
    It looked like this:

img0406.jpg

and internal side of back cover:

img0405.jpg

There is no special reason for this shape of antenna. I dont have any knowledge about design or required parameters. I just took a scissors and cut the shape that seemed logical at that moment. I am sure that the result and accuracy will be much better if someone made right design.

Both test were done on same spot - on my window. The weather was nice and clear.
    First, test with original antenna. You will notice the time - this was filmed after I made my alu-foil antenna because I couldnt wait ti try it so I forgot to record the performance with factory antenna. Anyway, here it is:

It couldnt lock more than 5 satellites or reach more than 15m accuracy.

Now, take a look how it works with my design:

Frankly speaking, I am very surprised with the difference. If someone wants to recommend a better shape I will be happy to test it once I find suitable material. Actually, I can try to make it again from same thin foil but I dont guarantee that I will be able to reach exact measures.
    here is my CWM Recovery, it's work on my device.
    DWYOR

you can flash it with SPflashtool, or mobile uncle tools [root]