Search This thread

thecenk

Mar 24, 2012
just one click!

Don't try in vain.

-Install the UNLOCK ROOT to your PC.
-Connect your tablet with USB cable.
-Run the software and click the root button.

That's all!

PS: download from unlockroot.(com)

Last edited:

d3l1

Nov 18, 2009
Do I just have to uninstall Root Keeper and then execute the viper mod using option 1 (lost my root through ics update, I restore root but it's not rooted anymore)?
How is the chance of bricking when rooting with viper mod? Does it matter what bootloader I have (B70 transformer with the 2.0 bootloader)?

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9100 mit Tapatalk

kamikazinyc

Dec 5, 2011
help lost root

hi noobie here, I'm not sure where to post, but here goes.
got my pad on blackfriday, its now 8.6.5.21 20111216not sure if its been like this or just happend, but it was rooted by razorclaw, got titanium backup cwm all of that, bout 3 week ago got a asus firmware update notification, keep on postponing it till finally decited to back up all my $h!t just in case, but when I opend TB it shows I got no root, none of other apps that needs root works also!!! please help, do I need to just update first, then root? or theres somthing else I need to do?

Mr. Corny

Dec 17, 2010
Don't try in vain.

-Install the UNLOCK ROOT to your PC.
-Connect your tablet with USB cable.
-Run the software and click the root button.

That's all!

PS: download from unlockroot.(com)

Thank you very much for this info. It worked like a charm with 9.2.1.17 version of software.

d3l1

Nov 18, 2009
ViperMod option 1 worked like a charm.

Gesendet von meinem Transformer TF101 mit Tapatalk

BMWPilot

Jan 13, 2012
OK so I achieved root via option 1 with no issue.

Question: Is the next step to install clockwork mod to be able to do a Nandroid backup? When I try to boot into recovery I get the Android with the exclamation point.

d3l1

Nov 18, 2009
Keep in mind that OTA updates won't work with CWM so unless you really know that you need/want it, maybe consider that step. You always have to wait for a custom CWM update.

CWM let's you do a nandroid backup, flash custom ROMs and kernels. If you want to keep your tab stock and just be able to backup your stuff, root and e.g. titanium backup are sufficient.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9100 mit Tapatalk

Electric Flash

Apr 20, 2011
Root C10 series TF101

My Transformer is from C10 series (C10KAS1.....). I buy it 2 weeks ago.

I want to root him, bu without install recovery or CWM, whatever. Is this possible? If yes, could you tell me the way to do it?

Thanks in advance!

Edit: viperMOD do the job! :D

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This thread is dedicated to helping you root your ASUS Transformer. Either method may not work if you are using a device with serial number 'B70' or above.

If you have updated your Transformer to 8.6.5.21 using the latest OTA, please install the downgrade-fix below, 8.6.6.19, to successfully use Razorclaw.

Video

Resources

Razorclaw: http://androidroot.mobi/2011/11/14/introducing-razorclaw-v1

It is extremely important you read the Razorclaw documentation in full.

Update to 8.6.5.13: http://support.asus.com/download.aspx?..
    Update to 8.6.5.19/Fix for 8.6.5.21 users: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1417006
    You must update to 8.6.5.13 to update to 8.6.5.19.

NVFlash: http://www.xda-developers.com/nvflash.zip

NVFlash ROM's: PRIME and Revolver

Text and images

update-razorclaw.png

Unbrick Your Device / How to use NVFlash

In the unlikely event you brick your device, don't worry, it can be saved. It's very easy. Please download NVFlash and any ROM flashable using NVFlash above, and follow the steps below.

Put your device in APX mode: Connect your device to your computer via USB and power on the device holding both the Power and Volume Up buttons for about 3-5 seconds. The screen will remain black.

Install the required drivers for APX: If you haven't installed them already, find your “APX” device in Device Manager and update driver manually, pointing it at usbpcdriver in the nvflash.zip.

Prepare your ROM: Download your chosen NVFlash ROM and place the system.img, recovery.img, and boot.img in the nvflashtf directory. "/nvflash/nvflashtf/".

Start the process: Run download.sh (Linux only) or download.bat (Windows only) to start the process.

NOTE: NVFLASH CAN ONLY BE USED ON AN SBK1 DEVICE. PLEASE CHECK YOUR DEVICE IS COMPATIBLE BEFORE ATTEMPTING THIS METHOD.
    Hey guys,

I was driven to despair by the constant reboots and batterydrains (and it seems i am not alone). First i figured ASUS would be hotfixing this quite quickly, but this week i got tired of waiting, googled the crap out of it, found xda, and discovered i would need root and replace kernel and/or firmware. The replacing of stuff has not happened yet (that'll be for the weekend), but i wanted to share the steps i took to get root and install CWM, for the people who happen to be on the same series/firmware.

Model : TF101, serial B60 (the illusive B** can be found on a sticker next to the charging inlet at the bottom of your tablet)

Build Number : IML74K.WW_epad-9.2.1.17

1) Download ViperMod PrimeTime (latest current version is 4.5). Its folder contains drivers for your tablet, you will have to install these (control panel>hardware and sounds>device management, select your asus, doubleclick the "asus android composite adb interface", go to "driver", select update, and then select the folder you unzipped vipermod into, make sure you flag 'select underlying folders')

2) Run the exe in the vipermod folder to get root privileges . Option 3 (recommended option) failed for me a couple times, but option 1 did it! U Haz Root!! congratz

3) Make sure rooting was achieved, and do it in a useful way : download Titanium Backup from the Market (or google play if u like that name more), and run it. If rooting failed, you will get a message saying titanium backup didnt receive root. If rooting was succesful, you can give TB permission to run with superuser privileges.

4) Since you are probably about to do some 'dangerous' stuff, and you have Titanium Backup opened anyway, backing up your system and user files may be a good idea :)

5) ViperMod could not flash ClockWorkRecovery for me, but thanks to gnufabio's RecoveryInstaller(download and run from your tablet to install) i managed to install it AND acces recovery. I tried ROMManager as well, with no succes, it would not allow me to reboot into recovery. So yay for gnufabio

That's my progress report so far, later this weekend i will be trying to flash a new kernel and try some ROMs while i'm at it.

Hope this helps anyone with my model/build who needs to get root/recovery, consider it a brief thank you for all the useful info i found here
    Hi there,

Anyone have a procedure to root the 9.2.1.17 firmware?

Thanks.

Have you try http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=21009605
    I wrote a tutorial on how to root your .21 Transformer, based upon Wolf's method. If anyone's interested, it can be found here:
    http://freek.ws/2012/05/07/howto-ro...s-9-4-2-21-without-unlocking-your-bootloader/
    Version 8.6.6.19 is supported for the TF101G, but I cannot test 8.6.6.23. Download the tool and have a look. Please report your experience so I can update this thread.

I try with Razorclaw but it fails.

Can I downgrade to 8.6.6.19?