[ROM][Kernel][Firmware] Stock-Rooted L900VPAMA7 Odex / DeOdex [Team WHOMP]

Search This thread

Adanedhels

Jun 3, 2010
Columbus
does this rom have the firmware built in?

T3

Does the odex Rom have the firmware and kernel built into it or do i need to flash the kernel and modem separately?

Thanks,
Adan

t3project

Jun 14, 2010
T3

Thanks for the reply. So if I install the ROM and the Modem I'm gtg right? Or will i need to install another file to have the full firmware?

Thanks,
Adan

you'll be fine with just the modem. if you use mrskips tool to root, it overwrites the sboot and tz to an older version anyway.

Adanedhels

Jun 3, 2010
Columbus
ok its installed...

you'll be fine with just the modem. if you use mrskips tool to root, it overwrites the sboot and tz to an older version anyway.

What kernel number should i be on after it installs? I'm already rooted and everything with my root is working, but the kernel is not appearing to update... it currently reads: 3.0.31-265523

I'm now more and more sure the kernel is not installing???? it stays the same no matter what version of the kernel you posted i install... any reason this should be happening?

Also how do i check if the modem upgraded?

Thanks for all the help I appreciate it,
Adan

Last edited:

elniper

Jun 27, 2010
And the winner is....... t3 :D

transmitting from:
GaLaXy Class Starship Enterprise NCC-SPH-L900

ianmb

Mar 15, 2010
Fort Recovery
So whats the right method to flash this ...the deodex version and I want the kernel with init.d support. Running Macks newest build atm still ljc? Thanks as im new to samsung phones, ran htc ogevo for 2 years rooted

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Adanedhels

Jun 3, 2010
Columbus

dongarritas

Jan 26, 2011
San Antonio
Questions

What kernel number should i be on after it installs? I'm already rooted and everything with my root is working, but the kernel is not appearing to update... it currently reads: 3.0.31-265523

I'm now more and more sure the kernel is not installing???? it stays the same no matter what version of the kernel you posted i install... any reason this should be happening?

Adan
A rule of thumb I have learned since the OG Evo days.......if, like me, you are not a dev, it's probably best to be patient, and wait for one of the many talented devs to come up with a custom, working ROM, not try and install the first stock rooted base, hours after the new update/leak drops. Relax, let the guys do their work, download a completed custom, buy 'em a few beers, give 'em much love. Win/win.:laugh:

t3project

Jun 14, 2010

Adan

that is the correct kernel for MA7

So whats the right method to flash this ...the deodex version and I want the kernel with init.d support. Running Macks newest build atm still ljc? Thanks as im new to samsung phones, ran htc ogevo for 2 years rooted

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

there is no need to flash kernels seperately. the modified one is in the rom.

Neo, I'm wondering if the modem and kernel files are a bit off. I couldnt get these kernels to flash, i have no idea about the modem... I was able to get Garwynns MA7 kernel to install so try that off the http://www.sxtpdevelopers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13 see if that works...

Adan

the kernel is not a bit off. garwynns kernel has been modified/updated by him so the build number is going to be different. the version number isnt going to change between the kernels listed in the op because they are the same kernel. one just has init.d support.

the one in the odex has the same version number as the deodex as do the kernels that are listed separately.

Last edited:
Reactions: ianmb

Adanedhels

Jun 3, 2010
Columbus
ooo

A rule of thumb I have learned since the OG Evo days.......if, like me, you are not a dev, it's probably best to be patient, and wait for one of the many talented devs to come up with a custom, working ROM, not try and install the first stock rooted base, hours after the new update/leak drops. Relax, let the guys do their work, download a completed custom, buy 'em a few beers, give 'em much love. Win/win.:laugh:

oh don't get me wrong im trying to help by doing the one technical thing I can do well (as I program like crap) I test. T3 was kind enough to get the ROM up I want to make sure it's working right. Considering I don't know how this should look I need clarification. I'm now thinking the kernel install file isnt working and am wondering if the modem file is either (though I dont know off hand how to check if it installed). I figure if I could build something like this I would want to know if something might not be working.

The ROM itself is solid. Works well and no crashes. BUT the firmware might not be installing right...

t3project

Jun 14, 2010

the first stock rooted base works fine.

Adanedhels

Jun 3, 2010
Columbus
that is the correct kernel for MA7

there is no need to flash kernels seperately. the modified one is in the rom.

the kernel is not a bit off. garwynns kernel has been modified/updated by him so the build number is going to be different. the version number isnt going to change between the kernels listed in the op because they are the same kernel. one just has init.d support.

the one in the odex has the same version number as the deodex as do the kernels that are listed separately.

Interesting I was thinking the kernel number should match the post for http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2146385&page=2 down posts you should see the posted picture of the finished update the kernel number in that picture is 3.0.31-903705 and the modification date on that is 2013. So i was trying to figure that out. Thanks for the info man and the hard work!

Adan

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    A big thanks to rwilco12 for the update.zip.

Here are the stock rooted odex / deodexed MA7 ROMs from the official Sprint OTA for the SPH-L900 with init.d and /data/app support! Permission is given to use as bases for your ROMs if you wish. Just give the proper credit and thanks as always.

To clear up some confusion in the thread: The kernels that were included in the roms were older kernels. It was no ones fault, just simply a mistake. The ROMs have been repacked with the correct kernel and the individual links have been corrected and added back as well.

Odex Version: http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=9390288116658475185
    md5: 1a9a98254d2c7b87506c34e57c0a8982

DeOdex Version: http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=9390288116658475186
    md5: 78838c7d2439779ac06d587df21075da

Below is the firmware for MA7 including the All-In-One LJC to MA7 zip
    Sorry it took so long for the all in on zip!

Stock L900VPAMA7 All-In-One Firmware: http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=9390288116658474979
    md5: a7157e76198e89970529eb2ff385d86b

Stock L900VPAMA7 Modem: http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=9390288116658474573
    md5: ceb5f9b4c1cbd383ae6caa522deb6290

Below are the repacked Stock and Modified L900VPAMA7 Kernels
    These are the correct 3.0.31-903705 build!

Stock L900VPAMA7 Kernel: http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=9390288116658474994
    md5: a651d579542befa612c1d87dce621fdb

Modified L900VPAMA7 Kernel w/ init.d support: http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=9390288116658474988
    md5: 9d343b3334a939ca84557531cda91ad1

These are flashable zips for TWRP/CWM. It is advised to be on the MA7 firmware above to run the ROMs.
    one more for me
    I'm not being rude or calling anyone out.. this is not meant to do that.. Just my natural born American opinion.

I will keep this short""" we trust you when you post... this mistake has cost me at least 8 hours of my life. Some of us actually use our phones to make a living for our families.. flashing the posted non-professional posted ROM caused my phone not to be able to send email from an exchange server which cost me money. """" there are a couple of women in this Sprint Galaxy Note II forum that actually test/verify whats being posting. Because of those 2, I was able to fix my phone Monday. Sure now its not rooted but works like it was purchased to do. We are not all social wanta B's. Even though it says flash at your own risk/not responsible for damage........doesn't mean you get off with a short (just a mistake all files and links have been corrected)

this is what happens when you deal with amateurs/self proclaimed developers/cut and paste part swappers. lesson learned.. GOT ME ONCE ... DOUBT EVER AGAIN.

just saying if the original update was used and verified before uploading.......not this thread and the others working on the wrong kernel would have wasted many hours of they're lives/time as well:eek:

*Not to be rude or call anyone out* (Noticed I removed the name out of the quote), but if your phone is THAT important to where it costs you money if something goes wrong, maybe you shouldn't be flashing. This is a hobby, and people upload their work for end users to use. No one forced you to flash it. If you want to take that risk, that's your prerogative (#BobbyBrownVoice), but if something goes wrong don't come in a thread trying to entice a riot. If you don't want to be a "social wanta B", then please don't come in here trying to start anything by posting something you KNOW is going to get a rise out of people.

Thread has been cleaned and everything has been corrected. so let's move on and drop it please. I'll be polite about it this time. :highfive:
    there.......everything i have so far is up. im done for the day :)