[Q] z ultra and galaxy gear

Search This thread

Mike021

Jan 7, 2014
I am switching form note 3 to z ultra. But I have only one problem. I would like to keep my galaxy gear.
So is anyone find way how to conect gear and zu? I look every way but I didn't find any information. So guy's you are my last chance.

fastest83

Jul 13, 2012
No way to connect those devices. The Galaxy Gear is a very specific gadget made to work only on a Samsung environment. Furthermore, it just work with the Note 3 and S4 at the moment, until Samsung figures it out and makes S3, and Note 2 compatible.

Sent from my C6833 using Tapatalk

jaime4272

Jul 26, 2008
Earth
I've got my ultra since it came out and I wish to have the g. Gears too but no one has ever make the gear to work with any other phone besides samsung devises. I don't know but some one needs to work on this.

Last edited:

SpyderTracks

Jan 13, 2007
London
The gear drivers are Samsung owned and they don't release them to devs or the community, and on the first gen at least, I very much doubt they will. This is one further step closer to their proprietary ecosystem they've been planning for so long. They need to be baked into the rom, hence why there's a rom update to the phone when they make it compatible.

Sorry dude, unless your on a new high end Samsung device the gear is useless.

Sent from my C6833 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: emokitten

iBuzman

Mar 7, 2011
Melbourne
Sony Xperia XA2
Needs touchwiz framework.. Someone may hack it like they did with other touchwiz framework apps (like they did with svoice) but doubt it will be for niche device like zu. :(

jaime4272

Jul 26, 2008
Earth
It is unfortunate that Samsung would do that. I like the watch and I think that they could sale more watches if it was compatible with any bluetooth phones with the gears app. Shame on you samsung.........

hamdogg

May 14, 2012
New Zealand
www.youtube.com
I am switching form note 3 to z ultra. But I have only one problem. I would like to keep my galaxy gear.
So is anyone find way how to conect gear and zu? I look every way but I didn't find any information. So guy's you are my last chance.

Yeah I'm sure that all the g.Gear requries is a touchWiz base... I'll ask if Zoosh is keen to port touchwiz for the Ultra... as he ported the Sony base for the Galaxy Note...
However... its touchWiz, and I for one am happy I've moved on... anyway... i'll ask. He may have a spare few months! LOL

LordManhattan

Oct 20, 2007
Kepler-34b
Let's hope someone manages to reverse engineer the drivers/framework and bundles it up as an Xposed module. That would be the best IMO.

REAVER117

Feb 3, 2010
London, ON

You can root the Galaxy Gear and use it with the ZU, that's what I've done. You won't have the same native app support but there are many third party apps that provide similar functionality. If you share your internet connection via bluetooth you can just setup your email accounts and weather app on the Gear and Tablet Talk gives SMS notification/reply. It will still work as a bluetooth headset without any additional apps.

nathlynn22

Apr 8, 2013
Pretty sure when I was browsing the HTC one forums someone managed to get some galaxy gear functions working with HTC one

---------- Post added at 12:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:06 AM ----------

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2539082

shaolin95

Apr 5, 2010
Utah
Does not negate the fact that it is cheaper. Sell the Gear, the the ZGPAX and have a nice chunk of $$$ left.
In any case, I think he just wants his Gear to work so this is not really on topic I guess.

gourisha

Dec 12, 2005
Nothing comes close to Gear Watch..

I have owned Zpax, U Watch, Gear Neo, Gear 2, LG G Watch R, Asus Zen Watch (current). Nothing ccomes close to Gear 2. Don't trust the other sellers pointing you to non branded crap like Zpax or Azz watches. I tried them all and I settled on Asus even though I like gear 2 it doesn't work on my Z ultra. I used to get so many compliments when I had that watch. My two cents and my opinion, no need to bash or critic. Take it or leave it. Thank you.

Does not negate the fact that it is cheaper. Sell the Gear, the the ZGPAX and have a nice chunk of $$$ left.
In any case, I think he just wants his Gear to work so this is not really on topic I guess.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

You can root the Galaxy Gear and use it with the ZU, that's what I've done. You won't have the same native app support but there are many third party apps that provide similar functionality. If you share your internet connection via bluetooth you can just setup your email accounts and weather app on the Gear and Tablet Talk gives SMS notification/reply. It will still work as a bluetooth headset without any additional apps.
    The gear drivers are Samsung owned and they don't release them to devs or the community, and on the first gen at least, I very much doubt they will. This is one further step closer to their proprietary ecosystem they've been planning for so long. They need to be baked into the rom, hence why there's a rom update to the phone when they make it compatible.

Sorry dude, unless your on a new high end Samsung device the gear is useless.

Sent from my C6833 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app