[TOOL][FAQ] M7 Multi Tool v1.1 [23-may-2013] [Root|Recovery|HTC Code|CID|Backup&R]

Search This thread

Lexmazter

Retired Recognized Developer
Aug 7, 2011
Timisoara
ASUS ZenFone 7/7 Pro
[TOOL][FAQ] M7 Multi Tool v1.1 [23-may-2013] [Root|Recovery|HTC Code|CID|Backup&R]

M7Toolv11_zpsaf65bff6.jpg
Disclaimer:​
I will not be responsible for smashed screens, bricked phones or any other things that you can accuse me of, i've done this tool to help people, use it at your own risk and hit THANKS if you use it and like it.​

Also, to avoid useless threads on general, Q&A or useless posts, please read the FAQ below, it's like a Mini-Guide!

[highlight]This is a ALL-IN-ONE tool that can do almost everything you want with it![/highlight]

It has LINUX/UNIX and MAC support!

UbuntuLogo_Small.la2ndlifeThumb.png

Apple-Mac-Logo-small.jpg

In order to use the linux version, read the readme-linux file, do what says there.
After that run M7MultiToolvX.X-L.sh in terminal.

MAC users should run M7MultiToolvX.X-M.sh

Enjoy and press thanks as there was some work involved here! :)
[*There is an easter egg in the tool, if don't have what to do, try to find it, tip - in the main menu, find the magic letter :)*]

Features:
- Install device drivers (Windows XP/7) [Beta! Feature].
- Show you the code needed for HTCdev Site.
- Show your CID.
- Flash CWM 6.0.3.1 -Touch and Classic.
- Flash TWRP 2.5.0.0 - Touch.
- Flash Stock Recovery ( 1.29.401.16R )
- Relock your bootloader.
- Make logfiles - logcat/dmesg.
- Permanently Root your device.
- Backup and Restore.
- Fancy reboot your device :).​

Oder versions:
M7 Multi Tool v1.0

Any other suggestions are welcomed!

Tutorials/FAQ:
For best perfomances, extract the .zip to C:/

Q: What do i need to do in order to install a custom ROM?
1.Unlock Bootloader from htcdev.com.
2.Flash a recovery of your choice.
3.Root using the permanent root solution flashed via recovery, found in Data/Root or select the Root menu and flash your desired thingy.
4.Flash custom ROM with no problems via recovery.
All those things are found and can be done via this tool.

Q: Hi, i just downloaded this tool, how do i use it?
First, extract the folder of the archive in the root of some partition, example above and somewhere below.
After that, run M7MultiTool vX.X.bat on windows, M7MultiToolvX.X-M.sh on MAC and M7MultiToolvX.X-L.sh on Linux.

Q: I see you talk about some M7MultiTool vX.X, is that an eXtreme edition or something?
No, vX.X will be replaced with the version from the title of the thread, this is made like this to keep things clean over future updates, so there will be no need to change things all around the thread after each update.

Q: Hi, i just bought a phone what should i do now?
Well, you firstly need to unlock your bootloader, just go to HTCdev.com and follow the instructions to unlock your bootloader.

Q: What is logcat?
Well, you can pretty much use google for that answer, but to put it short, is that thingy that tells you what is happening behind the scenes of your phone.
It is usually used for debugging and entertaiment(?).
When you report an error/bug to somebody, it will be a blessing to provide a logcat (logfile)!

Q: What is DMESG?
According to wikipedia: dmesg (display message or driver message) is a command on most Linux- and Unix-based operating systems that prints the message buffer of the kernel.
We use it for debugging purposes, providing it while reporting a kernel bug/error is a blessing.

Q: Hi, i have an unlocked bootloader, what should i do now?
Well, you should flash a custom recovery via bootloader, for that you just need to turn off your phone without fastboot activated, hold Volume down + Power button untill a white screen appears, if it appears a black one with some blue letters, you probably have a fake one :)

Q: What is a Custom Recovery and why do i need one?
A custom recovery is that thingy that let's you flash .zip files, use your logic and you wil get it why you need one.

Q: Do i need S-OFF on my phone?
HTC One has a nice unlocked bootloader, S-OFF is not needed as you can flash custom ROM's and kernels directly via Recovery.
Also, S-OFF is not available *YET* for HTC One.

Q:There are others guides/tutorials out there, should i check them instead of this?
If you manage to get things done using this one, no, otherwise yes, note that some could be outdated :)

Changelog:
v1.1 - 23 May 2013 - Added Permanent Root flashing.
v1.0 - 23 May 2013 - First public release, providing recovery flashing, driver installer, htcdev.com code provider, cid getter, logging (logcat and dmesg), backup and restore, rebooting.​

[highlight]
Special thanks:
- Everybody!
[/highlight]

Last edited:

Thismines

Dec 1, 2010
San Diego
Chrome keeps giving me a "Oops! Google Chrome could not find d-h.st" everytime I click the download link

edit: I got it to download

Last edited:

frenccw

Jun 15, 2011
Hi, permanent root does not work for me. It says unknown partition etc. etc. and points to the zip file in the /Data/Root

sudeki300

Jul 25, 2010
london
as i'm non-rooted i would like to make a backup of my phone first, then recover after the root process. can this be done successfully.....................sudeki300

Lexmazter

Aug 7, 2011
Timisoara
ASUS ZenFone 7/7 Pro
Hi, permanent root does not work for me. It says unknown partition etc. etc. and points to the zip file in the /Data/Root

Will investigate this problem this weekend.

sudeki300 said:
as i'm non-rooted i would like to make a backup of my phone first, then recover after the root process. can this be done successfully.....................sudeki300

I know you need adb debugging on, don't know if it will work without root, you can give it a try, if it doesn't work, you can use Helium from Google Play, can backup even on non-rooted devices, but beware, i used it and for example CSR Racing couldn't be restored, so i remained with my online save, which was waaay behind.

Hope this helps.

sudeki300

Jul 25, 2010
london
@Lexmazter, luckily the games i have on my phone have not been started yet. only some emulators that have some real-time saves on them, they should be easily copied back and forth from the internal memory. probably just gonna copy all files from internal to pc and then copy them back after rooting then re-install the apps \ games manually.....................sudeki300

Lexmazter

Aug 7, 2011
Timisoara
ASUS ZenFone 7/7 Pro
@Lexmazter, luckily the games i have on my phone have not been started yet. only some emulators that have some real-time saves on them, they should be easily copied back and forth from the internal memory. probably just gonna copy all files from internal to pc and then copy them back after rooting then re-install the apps \ games manually.....................sudeki300

Well, you can try the backup and restore feature, as i didn't had the chance to test it on non-rooted phones and please report your findings as it will help me to improve the tool.

Thanks

Lexmazter

Aug 7, 2011
Timisoara
ASUS ZenFone 7/7 Pro
Do people still use this tool? I haven't checked it for a while and i can see it has a couple of downloads, more than i expected actually. Should i update it and add new features?

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

mchockeyvette27

Jan 8, 2011
could i get a little info on how to use this with a mac? im staring at a bunch of files without a clue what to do with them... lol id like to be able to sideload a rom through twrp since i accidentally deleted the system and dont have a rom to flash.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

M7Toolv11_zpsaf65bff6.jpg
    Disclaimer:​
    I will not be responsible for smashed screens, bricked phones or any other things that you can accuse me of, i've done this tool to help people, use it at your own risk and hit THANKS if you use it and like it.​

Also, to avoid useless threads on general, Q&A or useless posts, please read the FAQ below, it's like a Mini-Guide!

[highlight]This is a ALL-IN-ONE tool that can do almost everything you want with it![/highlight]

It has LINUX/UNIX and MAC support!

UbuntuLogo_Small.la2ndlifeThumb.png

Apple-Mac-Logo-small.jpg

In order to use the linux version, read the readme-linux file, do what says there.
    After that run M7MultiToolvX.X-L.sh in terminal.

MAC users should run M7MultiToolvX.X-M.sh

Enjoy and press thanks as there was some work involved here! :)
    [*There is an easter egg in the tool, if don't have what to do, try to find it, tip - in the main menu, find the magic letter :)*]

Features:
    - Install device drivers (Windows XP/7) [Beta! Feature].
    - Show you the code needed for HTCdev Site.
    - Show your CID.
    - Flash CWM 6.0.3.1 -Touch and Classic.
    - Flash TWRP 2.5.0.0 - Touch.
    - Flash Stock Recovery ( 1.29.401.16R )
    - Relock your bootloader.
    - Make logfiles - logcat/dmesg.
    - Permanently Root your device.
    - Backup and Restore.
    - Fancy reboot your device :).​

Oder versions:
    M7 Multi Tool v1.0

Any other suggestions are welcomed!

Tutorials/FAQ:
    For best perfomances, extract the .zip to C:/

Q: What do i need to do in order to install a custom ROM?
    1.Unlock Bootloader from htcdev.com.
    2.Flash a recovery of your choice.
    3.Root using the permanent root solution flashed via recovery, found in Data/Root or select the Root menu and flash your desired thingy.
    4.Flash custom ROM with no problems via recovery.
    All those things are found and can be done via this tool.

Q: Hi, i just downloaded this tool, how do i use it?
    First, extract the folder of the archive in the root of some partition, example above and somewhere below.
    After that, run M7MultiTool vX.X.bat on windows, M7MultiToolvX.X-M.sh on MAC and M7MultiToolvX.X-L.sh on Linux.

Q: I see you talk about some M7MultiTool vX.X, is that an eXtreme edition or something?
    No, vX.X will be replaced with the version from the title of the thread, this is made like this to keep things clean over future updates, so there will be no need to change things all around the thread after each update.

Q: Hi, i just bought a phone what should i do now?
    Well, you firstly need to unlock your bootloader, just go to HTCdev.com and follow the instructions to unlock your bootloader.

Q: What is logcat?
    Well, you can pretty much use google for that answer, but to put it short, is that thingy that tells you what is happening behind the scenes of your phone.
    It is usually used for debugging and entertaiment(?).
    When you report an error/bug to somebody, it will be a blessing to provide a logcat (logfile)!

Q: What is DMESG?
    According to wikipedia: dmesg (display message or driver message) is a command on most Linux- and Unix-based operating systems that prints the message buffer of the kernel.
    We use it for debugging purposes, providing it while reporting a kernel bug/error is a blessing.

Q: Hi, i have an unlocked bootloader, what should i do now?
    Well, you should flash a custom recovery via bootloader, for that you just need to turn off your phone without fastboot activated, hold Volume down + Power button untill a white screen appears, if it appears a black one with some blue letters, you probably have a fake one :)

Q: What is a Custom Recovery and why do i need one?
    A custom recovery is that thingy that let's you flash .zip files, use your logic and you wil get it why you need one.

Q: Do i need S-OFF on my phone?
    HTC One has a nice unlocked bootloader, S-OFF is not needed as you can flash custom ROM's and kernels directly via Recovery.
    Also, S-OFF is not available *YET* for HTC One.

Q:There are others guides/tutorials out there, should i check them instead of this?
    If you manage to get things done using this one, no, otherwise yes, note that some could be outdated :)

Changelog:
    v1.1 - 23 May 2013 - Added Permanent Root flashing.
    v1.0 - 23 May 2013 - First public release, providing recovery flashing, driver installer, htcdev.com code provider, cid getter, logging (logcat and dmesg), backup and restore, rebooting.​

[highlight]
    Special thanks:
    - Everybody!
    [/highlight]