• Ubuntu 14.04*
  • Fedora 18
  • Archlinux
  • OpenSuse 12.2
  • OpenSuse 12.3
  • Debian 7
  • CentOS 6
  • Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 6

* When running in Ubuntu 13.10 or Ubuntu 14.04, select Ubuntu 13.04 when asked and it'll work fine!

To-do list:
  • Add support to GT-I9500
  • Merge this project with LAIOT

Special Credits

Special Thanks:

Download Link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/8xuzy7k6w2y7gov/S4.sh?dl=0

Last edited:

XxLordxX

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jul 11, 2011
Campinas
Is this safe for an m919 (T-Mobile variant)?

I never tested, so I can't tell you, I'll check the Root method for m919 and then I'll send you an updated script. But I've been quite busy, so I still have to develop the Mac script. As soon as I can I send you.

can I use on windows 7

Sent from my GT-I9505 using xda premium
Windows relies on .bat files, which is very different from .sh, I was developing the Windows version, however I never ended, because as I said, I'm quite busy currently. As soon as I can I'll do it! But, you can try running it with Cygwin.

"This Story Ends Where It Began" - Octavarium (Dream Theater)
Sent from my GT-I9505

Reactions: Droid2334

acey_zero

Oct 14, 2007
I never tested, so I can't tell you, I'll check the Root method for m919 and then I'll send you an updated script. But I've been quite busy, so I still have to develop the Mac script. As soon as I can I send you.

Thanks! I actually went ahead and figured out how to use Heimdall, but others might still find it useful to know.

Reactions: Droid2334

inga22

May 4, 2009
Not working

When I get into recovery mode It get stucked "Your device must be restarting now...". I can click on "Mounts and Storage Menu" then on "Mount /system/". But it never get out of "Your device must be restarting now...".

It already changed the status to custom.

What can I do now?

Thanks for the linux script btw :D

Last edited:

XxLordxX

Jul 11, 2011
Campinas
When I get into recovery mode It get stucked "Your device must be restarting now...". I can click on "Mounts and Storage Menu" then on "Mount /system/". But it never get out of "Your device must be restarting now...".

It already changed the status to custom.

What can I do now?

Thanks for the linux script btw :D

Okay, let's see what's the matter... You said you get the "Your device must be restarting now", so I guess your PC didn't recognize it after the recovery install, which I find weird, did you try running the script again?

I'm glad you liked the script :),
~Lord

"We think so supersonic and we make our bombs atomic" - Eagle Fly Free (Helloween)
Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

inga22

May 4, 2009
Okay, let's see what's the matter... You said you get the "Your device must be restarting now", so I guess your PC didn't recognize it after the recovery install, which I find weird, did you try running the script again?

I'm glad you liked the script :),
~Lord

"We think so supersonic and we make our bombs atomic" - Eagle Fly Free (Helloween)

Yes, I did it several times. When it gets to the "philz_touch" it don't recognize. When I restart it in the recovery mode again it goes to an android recovery mode and now the script ask to go to "Mount and Storage". I'm using opensuse 12.03 and heimdall 1.4.1

XxLordxX

Jul 11, 2011
Campinas
Yes, I did it several times. When it gets to the "philz_touch" it don't recognize. When I restart it in the recovery mode again it goes to an android recovery mode and now the script ask to go to "Mount and Storage". I'm using opensuse 12.03 and heimdall 1.4.1

Hi,

I slightly edited my script, so I believe you'll be able to get it now ;).

Good luck,
~Lord

PS.: Here's the link: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B0KdSAj41Z3AM1pNSGhMZjVaVm8/edit?usp=sharing

Reactions: inga22

inga22

May 4, 2009
Hi,

I slightly edited my script, so I believe you'll be able to get it now ;).

Good luck,
~Lord

Hey Lord, that worked! Thanks a lot! Now I need to discover what to do with a rooted phone (first android phone ever). :)

XxLordxX

Jul 11, 2011
Campinas
Will there be a version for 13.10 :confused:

Hi,

Sorry, but the Ubuntu 13.10 still isn't supported by Heimdall, as soon as it is supported I will update the tool.

Also I have good news. I'm updating the script with a new method, still no updates for Mac neither GT-I9500, but as soon as the new method is finished I'll update with the GT-I9500 method.

~Lord

Sent from my Monster KitKated S4

hohassan444

Nov 25, 2011
Hi,

Sorry, but the Ubuntu 13.10 still isn't supported by Heimdall, as soon as it is supported I will update the tool.

Also I have good news. I'm updating the script with a new method, still no updates for Mac neither GT-I9500, but as soon as the new method is finished I'll update with the GT-I9500 method.

~Lord

Sent from my Monster KitKated S4

I use heimdall on ubuntu 13.10 64 bit without problems .

Top Liked Posts