Android 4.4.2 KitKat to roll in mid-Q2 for Xperia Tablet Z

Search This thread

deo777

May 15, 2013
Pleven
i dont think its 100% correct atleast for sgp351, our last update dec-13 but its showing apr 29

http://ptcrb.com/vendor/complete/view_complete_request_guest.cfm?modelid=23435

for Tablet Z (so-03e) whit SGP321 Rom and 32Gb internal is 1000% correct, because i receive immediately updates .....after first 4.3 I receive 3 small software updates now current release is 10.4.1.B.0.101

....even i receive some sony apps like new album and new walkman faster then I receive these updates on my xperia z ultra whit official 4.4.2

PS: and if you wach carefully you will see that apr 29 is certificate android 4.4 for tablet z

Last edited:

dsa88

Jun 10, 2010
It would be great if Sony brings tablet UI back, as there was a proper one in 4.1.2

zigarot

Jun 28, 2012
does anyone know if there's an easy way to flash back to stock from CM10? I miss my IR blaster and the smallapps :). done some searching, but I either suck, or can't find a definitive answer as to special instructions.

DAXX

Apr 14, 2014
Los Angeles
OnePlus 8 Pro
No one outside Sony knows that. It's supposed to be in May according to the device page so it's just a matter of patience now. :(

oh ok. Hopefully it shows up soon.

---------- Post added at 10:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:26 AM ----------

I registered a username for Emma, but I don't get a confirmation email.
How can I use Emma without an account???

dhruvaz

Aug 8, 2009
Its supposedly released in malaysia and denmark. I'm in sweden but so I havent received it yet. But then again I am with 4.2.2 and not with 4.3 my pc companion says 4.3 is available but I am not going to upgrade to 4.3 instead I'll be going directly to 4.4.2 (if possible somebody replied to me that one has to upgrade to 4.3 before upgrading to 4.4.2 ) lets see

thor9934

Oct 29, 2010
Fredericia
Its supposedly released in malaysia and denmark. I'm in sweden but so I havent received it yet. But then again I am with 4.2.2 and not with 4.3 my pc companion says 4.3 is available but I am not going to upgrade to 4.3 instead I'll be going directly to 4.4.2 (if possible somebody replied to me that one has to upgrade to 4.3 before upgrading to 4.4.2 ) lets see

it didn't come by denmark just yet or it may be because im running a rom from another country idk but i dont see any update yet only to walkman

Lupin The Third

Retired Forum Moderator
Mar 26, 2011
Planet Earth
www.jw.org

Where did you find the info that it's "supposedly released in malaysia and denmark."

Can you share links pls?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

dhruvaz

Aug 8, 2009
aw man why do they have to have same build number.. I was so sure it was tablet Z i searched it via build number.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Xperia Tablet Z 2... screw that... I'm never buying nothing from Sony again. There's no excuse for updates taking this long. As much as I love and baby my tab Z like another child... being in Canada and waiting 6 months for an update is complete BULL... I know its not just Sony's fault, Google is to blame as well. OS FRAGMENTATION issues... thats a laugh... once an update is out these manufacturers should be getting the ball rolling, but they are not. They wait until a new product is in the makes and then they finally do something with the update. Its just not right.
    I just don't have enough middle fingers to hold up to those guys. I pay top dollar for a premium product, I expect premium support for that product as well. Otherwise I might as well buy the discount low price no-name piece of hardware that has all the latest technology and latest O/S cause then I can afford to replace it every 6 months to a year instead of expecting support for cutting edge in technology I think will last a few years.

I'm curious, other than the Nexus lineup, who would you say offers faster upgrades? Nexus has the benefit of internal Google development being applied when creating the update. Additionally....it also has NO OS MODIFICATIONS. That's one of the biggest hurdles. All the changes to the OS that companies do, require additional development time. That's in addition to any new drivers that have to be created and tested for components that exist in this particular device, that weren't in the Nexus devices.

So what manufacturer besides Sony would you purchase from who does not have that same issue? I ask because you indicate you'd just continually buy new cheaper devices. Even many new launch devices currently do not come with 4.4.2 loaded on them. Those that do, only have been showing up in the last month or so at best, and normally are NOT the cheap models.

We have already received one major update on the Tablet Z. We just received a minor update the other month and are due for another major update within 2 months. Seems relatively quick to me.

4.4.2 launched in December for Nexus devices. Most manufacturers would not want to jump on 4.4 cause they know there'll be quick follow up updates. And 4.4.1 was only a few weeks before that. Most nexus devices didn't have 4.4.2 until late December or early January. It's the end of March now, and we're already targeted to receive the update in May. Granted it could be late May or even June for certain models, but they just recently got 4.3 out there, so they jumped onto 4.4 pretty quickly.

Also, this sentence: " being in Canada and waiting 6 months for an update is complete BULL... " Can you clarify to me what special treatment you are supposed to get since you are in Canada? Are they some type of "mobile OS priority" country?
    Just seen the news on Xperia Blog.

The Xperia Tablet Z could see KitKat in May 2014! :D
    I will not quote the whole post because it is too long, but... Sony has Ben loosing a lot of money lately, as a whole. Even though Sony Mobile is winning more than losing, the whole company is losing. And, no, they don't have a huge team of developers to take care of that.

Until Sony bought the Sony Ericsson joint venture, all of Sony smartphone development (both hardware and software) was done in Sony Ericsson hoke country. After Sony bought it, they decided to slowly shift both software and hardware development to Sony Japan. That caused a whole huge mess...

Even though Sony Japan had enough manwork, they weren't talented as the software developers from the old SE. They had transfered the 4.1.2 update for S from SE to Japan. Japan messed up the update pretty bad, and SE team (I just can't remember the country name lol) had to work to fix it, while working on the 4.2.2 for newer devices...

So now they have a relatively small dev team, but a very talented one

Sent from my SGP311 using Tapatalk
    Xperia Tablet Z 2... screw that... I'm never buying nothing from Sony again. There's no excuse for updates taking this long. As much as I love and baby my tab Z like another child... being in Canada and waiting 6 months for an update is complete BULL... I know its not just Sony's fault, Google is to blame as well. OS FRAGMENTATION issues... thats a laugh... once an update is out these manufacturers should be getting the ball rolling, but they are not. They wait until a new product is in the makes and then they finally do something with the update. Its just not right.
    I just don't have enough middle fingers to hold up to those guys. I pay top dollar for a premium product, I expect premium support for that product as well. Otherwise I might as well buy the discount low price no-name piece of hardware that has all the latest technology and latest O/S cause then I can afford to replace it every 6 months to a year instead of expecting support for cutting edge in technology I think will last a few years.

When do we get the 4.4 kitkat update for tablet z? Any ideas?