Flash Player APK (UPDATED)

Search This thread

morphiend

Mar 31, 2007
couple questions...

1. so will this allow flash to be used on chrome?
1a. if it doesnt work with chrome, what's the benefit of a standalone apk versus getting a browser that can use flash?
2. do you have to be rooted for this to work?

thanks!

patriot720

Oct 11, 2011
couple questions...

1a. if it doesnt work with chrome, what's the benefit of a standalone apk versus getting a browser that can use flash?

thanks!

1. No, chrome does not support flash.
2. You need the flash apk to be able to use flash in a browser that supports flash I.e. dolphin browser
3. No, you do not. Just make sure you go to setting, security, and click the unknown sources check box before you try to install the app.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

freemeech

Sep 3, 2009
Atlanta, Ga
Ah OK I'm new to tablet just using my gs3 and rooted and flashed it many times already...this is a little different!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium

cybrey

Feb 12, 2008
Ah OK I'm new to tablet just using my gs3 and rooted and flashed it many times already...this is a little different

Theres no default file browser installed so get something like Astro:

These are the instructions I followed, can't remember if I used the APK linked on that site or not, so to be safe use the one linked above.

PS : This five minute spam rule is annoying. (but can see why its here).

Last edited:

morphiend

Mar 31, 2007
i installed the flash apk but when i try to view a flash movie it crashes the browser (opera mini, maxthon, and dolphin hd)

Reactions: joeb690

sparksco

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 27, 2010
docs.google.com
Try this already extracted apk,

Thanks for the apk. You can download it straight to your tablet if it was not gziped and just install it with a file manager... On another note, I didn't really see the point of putting it back on my tablet after downloading it to my PC since I already had the sdk installed.

Code:
adb install -r com.adobe.flashplayer-3f0d57a34bf0204acb2f9b310aa37ac7.apk

did the trick and installed it just fine for me..

Kermee

Sep 1, 2009
Thanks, OP!

Now if we could get a working AOSP Browser for the N7 because I'm not too fond of Dolphin and the other 3rd party browsers.

Cheers,
Kermee

guthrien

Feb 26, 2011
If you are using Dolphin as a Flash solution Do Not update to 8.6 which just came out. It completely removes the ability to use Flash for Jelly Bean even if you have it side loaded. It gives a message that they will no longer be supporting it for Android 4.1+

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

demandarin

Apr 7, 2010
Alexandria, Va
I find that opera mobile crashes alot with flashplayer installed. ive installed various versions said to work with jellybean. ill keep trying it out or try Firefox or something.

bdcrim

Oct 27, 2010
Thanks for the apk. You can download it straight to your tablet if it was not gziped and just install it with a file manager... On another note, I didn't really see the point of putting it back on my tablet after downloading it to my PC since I already had the sdk installed.

Code:
adb install -r com.adobe.flashplayer-3f0d57a34bf0204acb2f9b310aa37ac7.apk

did the trick and installed it just fine for me..

Sorry, I am not rooted. Maybe others aren't either.

Sent from my PC36100 using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Adobe has stopped allowing downloads for Flash Player on all devices running Jelly Bean, including the Nexus 7. This APK has been tested and works great on the Nexus 7 so far with 4.2.1.

APK File: install_flash_player_ics (1).apk - 4.49 MB
    Working Solution

As above I found the best solution to be the flash player included in the thread and the Aurora Beta of Firefox - 16 something

I have included both in my link below -

Nexus 7 Flash Player Pack
    couple questions...

thanks!

1. No, chrome does not support flash.
    2. You need the flash apk to be able to use flash in a browser that supports flash I.e. dolphin browser
    3. No, you do not. Just make sure you go to setting, security, and click the unknown sources check box before you try to install the app.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app
    You can't download it straight to your tablet. You have to extract it on a computer then transfer it to your Nexus.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium
    If you are using Dolphin as a Flash solution Do Not update to 8.6 which just came out. It completely removes the ability to use Flash for Jelly Bean even if you have it side loaded. It gives a message that they will no longer be supporting it for Android 4.1+

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2