[Q] Battery Drain 50% in 12 Hours Idle

Search This thread

BigbenNZ

Nov 15, 2012
Kapiti NZ
Moto G XT1032 high Battery drain

We have 2 phones both with the latest System software, No WiFi and Location setting on, display shuts down with a magnetic case.

Both have the same App's my wife phone has 4 added app's, mine has the same app's plus more.

My wife's phone was draining the battery very fast 50% at idle in 12 hours.

Checking the battery drain was showing System use of 50% and Keep awake of over 12 hours, Plus NO Included Packages Showing.

My phone was OK.

So ended up removing the 4 added App's, Forced Stop on all app's that I did think that where being used, turned off the Location setting and re powered the phone, after some 10 min's the phone was back to normal System use of 4% and now showing Included Packages.

Its still OK after 2 days, so what was going on, have since added the 4 app's and still OK.

The 4 Added app's are 1Weather, ES File Explorer, Alert Me and Tunein Radio all added from Google.

liveroy

Jun 8, 2007
/dev/null
www.gear-bg.com
You had a wake lock from some of these apps most likely.By removing them, you just eliminated it.

In general it seems that some apps that need to wake the device for a brief period and update some data are causing these issues on KitKat due to not being optimized for it yet.

BigbenNZ

Nov 15, 2012
Kapiti NZ
You had a wake lock from some of these apps most likely.By removing them, you just eliminated it.

In general it seems that some apps that need to wake the device for a brief period and update some data are causing these issues on KitKat due to not being optimized for it yet.

Yes have seen this in some forum

Pity their is no App to checks this on a none rooted phone.

Plus this must be a System fault as NO [Included Packages] Showing or app stuffed it up.

Settings/Battery/Android System, its a list at the bottom with the heading Included Packages

scott_doyland

Dec 8, 2011

Plus this must be a System fault as NO [Included Packages] Showing or app stuffed it up.

Settings/Battery/Android System, its a list at the bottom with the heading Included Packages

Android OS and Android system will often show as high battery usage, the wakelock in android is held by the app. Android just reports it as android OS or Android system. Its an app that is at fault.

fatboyslimerr

Nov 7, 2013
Does this look like a wakelock issue? Data was off but radio was on. uploadfromtaptalk1395058839607.jpg

Sent from my One S running Kitkat

liveroy

Jun 8, 2007
/dev/null
www.gear-bg.com

Oh well, Android works that way, the app requests data access and the system processes it. In this case the app fails to receive what it requested and requests it again, which fails again.Then it all gets repeated countless times for hours and hours, but the app itself doesn't consume much of a battery, while the OS components responsible for processing the request do consume way more power and that's why it shows android system as the highest power consuming component.