Sense 6.0 OTA Update is Live!

Search This thread

GrayBoltWolf

Mar 21, 2012
Raleigh, NC
boltwolf.net
Android 4.4 and Sense 6.0 update should be live and filtering through the system to stock M7VZWs.

http://www.htc.com/us/go/htc-software-updates/

REMEMBER:

If you are running a custom recovery or have an unlocked bootloader, DO NOT TAKE THE OTA! It will fail.
Also, if you are fully stock and wish to unlock or go S-OFF at some time in the future, DO NOT TAKE THE OTA!

If someone could download the OTA and make it available for the few remaining developers that would be great!

Otherwise, enjoy the update!

Last edited:

whb_3

Apr 2, 2008
Tallahassee

Attachments

• m7.jpg
    m7.jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 344
Reactions: GrayBoltWolf

dottat

Retired Forum Moderator
agree, if you take the OTA i would do a factory reset. i know its a PITA but it helps 99% time

+1 and going forward i would suggest that factory resets on stock roms only be done with stock recovery. HTC has been putting files in /data/preload (duoeffects stickers etc) and wiping with twrp etc will often wipe them... unless TWRP etc get updated to not.

Soul TKR

Jun 19, 2011
Seattle, WA
www.wesvfx.com
It will have the extreme power saving option.

But it sounds like you need a factory reset. It is usually a good idea to reset after an OTA. They usually don't take very well.

agree, if you take the OTA i would do a factory reset. i know its a PITA but it helps 99% time

I've went through 4 HTC One M7's... just got this one last week. So everything is fresh on it. However on every single one, the battery drain has been an issue. Which didn't happen prior to the KitKat update when I was on Jelly Bean.

SynisterWolf

Retired Senior Moderator
Sep 4, 2010
Northern California
xdaforums.com
I've went through 4 HTC One M7's... just got this one last week. So everything is fresh on it. However on every single one, the battery drain has been an issue. Which didn't happen prior to the KitKat update when I was on Jelly Bean.

wow, thats not good. were any one of them stock when this happened or was it on a custom rom?

maybe its an app that is constantly asking for services or updating.

GrayBoltWolf

Mar 21, 2012
Raleigh, NC
boltwolf.net
wow, thats not good. were any one of them stock when this happened or was it on a custom rom?

That's what it sounds like. I've had pretty good battery life on stock KitKat.

Soul TKR

Jun 19, 2011
Seattle, WA
www.wesvfx.com

All of them were completely stock :(

I've installed Battery Doctor, and it helps get me through the day but the drain is still pretty horrible. I find myself plugged into a charger more than I should be with minimal use.

As far as an app running in the background, I've used my phone completely stock for a few days with no added apps and it still does it. I'm pretty convinced it's either GPS, Wi-Fi, Data, or OS related. Or all...

Last edited:

merlin66676

Jul 16, 2010
Once we can get the download, please remind me where it downloads to, so we can pull it

Thanks

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using XDA Free mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    OTApkg.zip is here

Firmware and radio zips being posted in my stock thread right now...
    Android 4.4 and Sense 6.0 update should be live and filtering through the system to stock M7VZWs.

http://www.htc.com/us/go/htc-software-updates/

REMEMBER:

If you are running a custom recovery or have an unlocked bootloader, DO NOT TAKE THE OTA! It will fail.
    Also, if you are fully stock and wish to unlock or go S-OFF at some time in the future, DO NOT TAKE THE OTA!

If someone could download the OTA and make it available for the few remaining developers that would be great!

Otherwise, enjoy the update!

Had same battery problem after prior OTA: rapid drain, especially when charge went down to 25% or so. Erratic charge indications and other serious power problems. I bought a new M8 but didn't like it's larger size compared to M7. So I called HTC tech support and they were extremely helpful and knowledgeable.
    To fix battery abnormalities due to software (not due to bad battery) there are three steps. First is to recalibrate battery and HTC charger. Next is to clear device cache. ThIrd is to flash fresh ROM (with the new OTA this week, this is already done). If all three steps fail, problem is likely hardware based. HTC will repair or replace undamaged phone for free if it's under warranty. If you have screen damage, it's $180.
    To do the software fixes, see my post in the QA section of this forum: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2765658. All the steps are explained and they fixed my battery problems.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    Thanks for your help - One follow up question though, I noticed a post earlier in this thread (here ) suggests that it is ok to just take the OTA if you already unlocked/rooted and it will not have any adverse consequences? Unless I am misunderstanding that other post. If I take the OTA, I'll loose root (but will keep my unlocked bootloader) then I can just re-apply root in TWRP, right?

I'm tempted to just apply the OTA, but I don't want to end up with a bigger mess to clean up as opposed to if I had just used fastboot as you suggested.

Thanks

You will need to change recovery back to stock, then take the OTA, then flash the insecure boot.img
    from there you just need to load recovery back on and flash the SuperSU zip to gain root again.

if you are s-off unlocked:
    i suggest to just flash santod firmware zip (one without the boot.img)
    then just put recovery back on the phone. you will have the latest firmware and ready to try any rom in the dev section.
    If either of you guys are rooted, be sure to download the update, and upload it somewhere for us before you install it!

its 33% uploaded.. flashing the update now too..