[Q] Insufficient storage to install, but for only 1 app

Search This thread

Banks4004

Jan 4, 2014
Hi, I recently updated to the cm11 stable from cm10.2 and am having the google play problem of insufficient storage, but only for the snapchat app. All other apps update and install fine. I have tons of free space and have tried cleanmaster and app cache cleaner to find residual files, and cant find any large amounts of log files taking up space either. I'm not sure how to deal with this issue since, so far, it is specific to only 1 app. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

Banks4004

Jan 4, 2014
Tried checking the drive was mounted as R/O?

I actually just figured it out surprisingly on my own. It started happening with other apps too. In /data/app-lib there were multiples of some app folders named something along the lines of "chrome-1" and "chrome-2" or "snapchat-1" and "snapchat-2". When I deleted the "-2" folder for the app that wasn't updating or downloading the error was gone. Hopefully this could be helpful to anyone else with a similar problem. :eek:

Reactions: diablo009

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I actually just figured it out surprisingly on my own. It started happening with other apps too. In /data/app-lib there were multiples of some app folders named something along the lines of "chrome-1" and "chrome-2" or "snapchat-1" and "snapchat-2". When I deleted the "-2" folder for the app that wasn't updating or downloading the error was gone. Hopefully this could be helpful to anyone else with a similar problem. :eek: