[Q] Did I buy a brick? (HTC M8, Swappa)

Search This thread

bikemail

Oct 26, 2010
Greetings,

(after careful searching of the archives) I still need some help.

I purchased a used M8 on swappa.com (not finalized yet, still haven't been able to boot the thing).

Was running Viper but couldn't boot past init screen - kept giving sense errors. so... I tried a couple of other ROMs loaded via SD-card (CM, Android Revolution) and both seem to install, then nothing. Reboot and only a faint gray screen. Unable to sign in. I can get back to Recovery but if I don't hold the down-volume at startup I get back to that faint gray screen.

Options? Suggestions?

Does OS- mean no OS is installed?

*** UNLOCKED ***
M8_WLV PVT SHIP S-OFF
CID-VZW__001
HBOOT-3.16.0.0000
OpenDSP-v26.2.2-005380M8974.0106
OS-
eMMC-boot 2048MB
Feb 25 2014,00:52:27.0

Thanks, --Greg--

italbomber

Jan 6, 2011
New York
If u were running a Rom you should have no problem ruuing unless it is a hardware issue which hopefully it's not.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Reactions: bikemail

dottat

Retired Forum Moderator
Greetings,

I purchased a used M8 on swappa.com (not finalized yet, still haven't been able to boot the thing).

Was running Viper but couldn't boot past init screen - kept giving sense errors. so... I tried a couple of other ROMs loaded via SD-card (CM, Android Revolution) and both seem to install, then nothing. Reboot and only a faint gray screen. Unable to sign in. I can get back to Recovery but if I don't hold the down-volume at startup I get back to that faint gray screen.

Options? Suggestions?

*** UNLOCKED ***
M8_WLV PVT SHIP S-OFF
CID-VZW__001
HBOOT-3.16.0.0000
OS-
eMMC-boot 2048MB

Thanks, --Greg--
perfectly fine. in fact no need to ruu either. simply flash custom recovery and sideload a ROM through recovery.

If all else fails the ruu will fix it back up. Since that phone is s off and unlocked and still boots to bootloader you will be fine.

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

bikemail

Oct 26, 2010
resolved

Have you tried the RUU files Here? Thats the only other thing I can think of right now.

Thanks for the advice. Once I RUU'd it worked as advertised. - btw I chose option-2 (untested, but now it is tested) because I was having trouble with the HTC ABD drivers on my PC. After flashing TWRP was able to get a fresh copy of Viper on it.

Thanks again for the quick and helpful responses!

-Greg.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Have you tried the RUU files Here? Thats the only other thing I can think of right now.
    Greetings,

Options? Suggestions?

*** UNLOCKED ***
    M8_WLV PVT SHIP S-OFF
    CID-VZW__001
    HBOOT-3.16.0.0000
    OS-
    eMMC-boot 2048MB

Thanks, --Greg--
    perfectly fine. in fact no need to ruu either. simply flash custom recovery and sideload a ROM through recovery.

If all else fails the ruu will fix it back up. Since that phone is s off and unlocked and still boots to bootloader you will be fine.

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk
    If u were running a Rom you should have no problem ruuing unless it is a hardware issue which hopefully it's not.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk