Hardware Keyboard Peripheral

Search This thread

anthro

Jan 19, 2010
Manila
I've been thinking of this concept, but thought that it's not possible for some reason. Having a hardware keyboard seemed to be to good to be true for me. Found this thread about getting a bluetooth keyboard work on the N1 http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=5559188#post5559188 so I'm considering getting a kb again.

What hardware keyboard peripheral can you recommend to be used with the Nexus One? That can be any model that connects via bluetooth, micro usb, or whatever. I prefer something light so that I can travel around like I almost have a netbook with me with even less footprint. Something that works without too much hacks would be great! :)

Last edited:

JanetPanic

Oct 17, 2005
Rockville, MD
The Freedom Pro is your best bet if you want a foldable keyboard. I have not received mine yet but I needed one for a project and after some research it seemed the best still available. It is ~$100 at Amazon but if you google around you should be able to find a discount code for it. I picked mine up from wirelessground.com (15% coupon code mymobilegear).

Keep in mind there are no official drivers for it at this time however. KeyPro is available on the market but is $9.95 which might deter some. Also note I have never used keypro so can not say how well/poorly it performs.

john boot

Jul 26, 2007
The Freedom Pro is your best bet if you want a foldable keyboard. I have not received mine yet but I needed one for a project and after some research it seemed the best still available. It is ~$100 at Amazon but if you google around you should be able to find a discount code for it. I picked mine up from wirelessground.com (15% coupon code mymobilegear).

Keep in mind there are no official drivers for it at this time however. KeyPro is available on the market but is $9.95 which might deter some. Also note I have never used keypro so can not say how well/poorly it performs.

when you get the keyboard, please could you drop a comment about how it worked etc.... Im thinking of also getting one