[Q] Lenovo P780 Powerbutton does not work

Search This thread

myscht

Feb 14, 2010
I flashed my Lenovo P780 with the new ROM. On reboot in teh bottom left corner it said something about about dll not found. After I shut it down again I could not start it up any more (just blank screen).

But when I plug the phone on USB it does start charging (LED is lighting up) and the PC makes the sound associated with an external harddrive being plugged in.

Is my phone bricked? Or is there any chance I can revive it?

soralz

Apr 6, 2013
Taipei
I flashed my Lenovo P780 with the new ROM. On reboot in teh bottom left corner it said something about about dll not found. After I shut it down again I could not start it up any more (just blank screen).

But when I plug the phone on USB it does start charging (LED is lighting up) and the PC makes the sound associated with an external harddrive being plugged in.

Press the red reset button underneath the phone, connect your phone to PC, wait a while and your PC should be able to detect it. As soon as it has connected, start flash back official stock ROM via SP Flash Tool.

Gwyn86

Mar 8, 2014
Same problem

Hi, how did you solve this problem in case you solved it? Im having the same trouble :(

HLLH

Apr 28, 2010
Hi, how did you solve this problem in case you solved it? Im having the same trouble :(

This happens to me also in STOCK rom :/

I CAN NEVER RESTART MY PHONE WITHOUT DOING THIS NEXT PART :(

Anyway here's how to handle it

Press the reset button for 3-5 seconds
wait around 2-5 minutes - DO NOT POWER ON!
now power on, everything should be working, crappy lenovo software (but really good HW :/ ) , Certainly, I'll know now to stay away from them.