[Q] How do I add pictures to posts

Search This thread

dlads

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
Nothing Phone 2
As the topic states, how do you add pictures into the body of a post? :confused:

It's probably really simple, but all i ever get is a link.

When i say add pictures what i mean is actual pictures not links and not thumbnails of attachments.

Cheers. :)

Reactions: FardeenTGO

laie1472

Feb 18, 2010
Here's what you should get when hitting more

454c35b1-d903-3c25.jpg

#Root-Hack_Mod*Always\

dlads

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
Nothing Phone 2
Here's what you should get when hitting more

454c35b1-d903-3c25.jpg

#Root-Hack_Mod*Always\

I see, i think we've got our wires crossed, i'm not using my phone, i'm using my PC!

I know what you mean by more now, it's on the app.

Do you know how to do it on a PC?

The thumbnail below is all i get, is there a way to do it on PC to get it in the message body?

Attachments

• Lockscreen.jpg
    Lockscreen.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 864

laie1472

Feb 18, 2010
Lmao ok yea I thought you meant the app. From the pc when you choose reply or post a comment look for "attachments" its like right next to the little Smiley face. Click on that and it will give you a windows with the options to "choose file" . Then just navigate to were you have the picture you want to upload.

#Root-Hack_Mod*Always\

Reactions: dcaan and totom96

dlads

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
Nothing Phone 2
Lmao ok yea I thought you meant the app. From the pc when you choose reply or post a comment look for "attachments" its like right next to the little Smiley face. Click on that and it will give you a windows with the options to "choose file" . Then just navigate to were you have the picture you want to upload.

#Root-Hack_Mod*Always\

That's what i did and all it does is show a thumbnail which links to a pic, which i know how to do but it isn't quite what i ment.

Basically what you did on your phone, which i can do, but on the PC? Which i don't know how to do :)

Lol, it's a weird one, i can't figure it out.

When i choose to insert an image, it asks for a url, which kind of works but doesn't show the pic til it's clicked on, when i choose attach it allows the attachment but won't put it in the body of the post, it just shows a thumbnail.

laie1472

Feb 18, 2010
I'm going to post a pic from my laptop

After you choose attach a window will open up. Then you choose the file with the choose file selection. Then it will open a window to your pc pictures. Choose a pic. Then in the same widow choose upload. Then close the window. Then you will be back at your post here's what I think your missing. Scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page and hit the submit on the second window not the submit on the first one. If that makes sense lol. If you chose submit on the first window I don't think it will post the pic however if you choose submit on the second window it will upload the pic.

Attachments

• 956806.jpg
    956806.jpg
    1.4 KB · Views: 7,368
Last edited:

laie1472

Feb 18, 2010
Huh? This is one of the reasons why most of the knowledgeable members are helping less and less. When you receive advice/help the least you can do is post if it worked or not.

#Root-Hack_Mod*Always\

mnomaanw

Jul 29, 2011
Huh? This is one of the reasons why most of the knowledgeable members are helping less and less. When you receive advice/help the least you can do is post if it worked or not.

#Root-Hack_Mod*Always\
he wants his "UPLOADED/ATTACHED" pics to be shown like , for example , this ---> http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=20450385&postcount=28 or as you have done here http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=27228447&postcount=6

and not like a thumbnail like ----> http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=27229543&postcount=11 or as he had done already before you have helped him like ---> http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=27228504&postcount=7

Last edited:

zcink

Jun 29, 2007
Middle Earth

#Root-Hack_Mod*Always\

lol. yeah I saw this thread the other day. I saw the one you posted from the computer and it was thumbnail and then seemed like the whole ball was dropped.

I looked and said what the hell?

sort of knew this thread would not end well.

laie1472

Feb 18, 2010
@mnomaanw & zcink- The pic I uploaded was a thumbnail that's the reason for the distortion it wasn't a pic. However the method was the same he would just have to choose a pic instead of a thumbnail. Nevertheless its still just common courtesy to post if the method was successful in case other/future members may have the same issue. Never understood how some members don't do that. Oh well to each is his own. Hopefully it worked out for him.

#Root-Hack_Mod*Always\

Last edited:

gatorstew

Jan 6, 2012
Nashville

After you choose attach a window will open up. Then you choose the file with the choose file selection. Then it will open a window to your pc pictures. Choose a pic. Then in the same widow choose upload. Then close the window. Then you will be back at your post here's what I think your missing. Scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page and hit the submit on the second window not the submit on the first one. If that makes sense lol. If you chose submit on the first window I don't think it will post the pic however if you choose submit on the second window it will upload the pic.

I'll go ahead and reply as I was looking for how to post an attachment thumbnail instead of one picture taking up so much room. I followed your directions and it appeared to work. Thanks! I never noticed those extra options at the bottom. Again, thanks.

And yes, I'm doing some battery testing on my SG2 with a custom ROM and getting very bad battery life :-(

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-06-20-05-46-45.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-06-20-05-46-45.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 376

Naweed Reza

Jan 9, 2013
Dubai
I'll go ahead and reply as I was looking for how to post an attachment thumbnail instead of one picture taking up so much room. I followed your directions and it appeared to work. Thanks! I never noticed those extra gorgeous options at the bottom. Again, thanks.

And yes, I'm doing some battery testing on my SG2 with a custom ROM and getting very bad battery life :(

Legend.jpg

Dont mind me, im just testing trying to put a pic into the body :D
Aaand its small :/
How to make it big?

Reactions: ogurets

dcaan

Jun 29, 2012
Banda Aceh

#Root-Hack_Mod*Always\

Thanks, it work

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I was looking for how to do this as well. I eventually found it. You have to be in the full/advanced post editor - not the quick reply mode.

Just click on that little paperclip icon between the smilies dropdown and indent left button, then select the image you want to embed in the post body.

Capture.PNG <-- click on this for larger screenshot

#Root-Hack_Mod*Always\
    he wants his "UPLOADED/ATTACHED" pics to be shown like , for example , this ---> http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=20450385&postcount=28 or as you have done here http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=27228447&postcount=6

and not like a thumbnail like ----> http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=27229543&postcount=11 or as he had done already before you have helped him like ---> http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=27228504&postcount=7

Cheers, and i would but i can't see an option for more, i am looking, i think i'm either having a brain fart or i'm going blind, i've got additional options but not "more"

#Root-Hack_Mod*Always\