Working On A Guide For Flashing Incredible 2 Over To Straight Talk

Search This thread

sapplegater

Apr 26, 2011
Florence, KY
Hey Guys,
I'm currently working on a guide for flashing a Incredible 2 to Straight Talk Service. I've hit a huge snag though. If anyone with experience with CDMA Workshop can PM it'd be greatly appreciated. When I get the phone completely flashed over I'll happily help anyone else flash their phone over :) I don't see paying 50 - 100 dollars for someone to flash it when I can figure it out and use the flashing cost to pay for service :)

Reactions: whudat and TpyoKnig
Nov 23, 2011
Hey Guys,
I'm currently working on a guide for flashing a Incredible 2 to Straight Talk Service. I've hit a huge snag though. If anyone with experience with CDMA Workshop can PM it'd be greatly appreciated. When I get the phone completely flashed over I'll happily help anyone else flash their phone over :) I don't see paying 50 - 100 dollars for someone to flash it when I can figure it out and use the flashing cost to pay for service :)

what do you need help with?

Reactions: sapplegater

sapplegater

Apr 26, 2011
Florence, KY

Sorry I did not realize i had a reply to this posting. Well I know how to flash the straight talk prl to the phone and etc... I just can not get Incredible 2 to be recognized by CDMA workshop which is a major part of getting this phone running on Straight Talk, since straight talk doesn't allow phones other than their phone on the network.

I would like to do this to my phone as well. I already rooted to cyanogenmod and have overclocked 2.3.4 so i would like to do this next so i can flip the bird to Verizon for good...

Yeah, Ik the feeling bud I've been trying to get my phone running on Straight Talk for ages, as soon as I figure it out I'll help ya out! :)

joarce

Jan 16, 2012
Wish I could help because I'd like to do this as well. Hope you get the help you need.

sapplegater

Apr 26, 2011
Florence, KY
I hope so too... cause the only other option for me in the area if i want to use my Incredible 2 is cricket and the service, stinks around here.

joarce

Jan 16, 2012
I hear you. The least expensive, seemingly reliable, option I have found is $50.

sapplegater

Apr 26, 2011
Florence, KY
Yeah, and at least with straight talk its on verizon so we know it'll be reliable, it unlimited everything and we get verizon data speeds all at 45/month which is a lot better than the 103/month i was paying on verizon for 450 minute, unlimited txt, and unlimited data.

joarce

Jan 16, 2012
From what I gather reading about it, ST unlimited data on the $45 plan is actually capped at ~2GB.

An alternative on the Verizon network is PagePlus who announced they are upping the data on the $55 plan to 1GB beginning this month (was scheduled for the 18th but may have been pushed back to the 25th).

Edited to change the PP plan from $40 to $55/mo. Apologies.

Last edited:

canaanp

Feb 11, 2009
I can probably help you guys out if you are still interested. I do not have the incredible 2, but I have done this with another android phone.

Tim4717

Mar 28, 2011
Has anyone figured this out? I currently am using my Droid INC 2 on straight talk and am able to send / receive texts calls and all that but cannot get 3g. Anyone able to help me out?

canaanp

Feb 11, 2009
Has anyone figured this out? I currently am using my Droid INC 2 on straight talk and am able to send / receive texts calls and all that but cannot get 3g. Anyone able to help me out?

Sometimes it takes 72 hours to get 3G, IME. Are you using a 3G capable donor phone? If so and you wait that long and still don't have it, call ST support and tell them you aren't getting 3G speeds, without mentioning the swap of course...

AZKJS

Jul 16, 2011
Saint George, UT
I'm getting about sick of the Verizon service in my area. I'm about to can my contract for good, but I like my DInc2 a lot. I'm running cm9 4.0.4 and its truly incredible now. Does anyone know if the straight talk sim cards will work with the GSM radio in thus phone on any rom?
I'm tempted to get one to try buy I just wonder if someone already has...

avishayftl

Dec 29, 2008
it will work just fine for text and talk but the internet will be slow because the phone get only 2G Edge so that's the only problem if u don't care about the speed it will be fine for u

titanguy7

May 15, 2012
I have the Droid Incredible 2 Global on the Straight talk Network through the Sim Card.

The only problem is I can only get Edge network. Any ideas on how to get the 3G?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey Guys,
    Hey Guys,