[KITCHEN][WWE][20.03.2010]Windows Mobile 6.1 21056/20779 Kitchen for Raphael GSM

Search This thread

Noonski

Inactive Recognized Developer / Moderator Emeritus
Apr 18, 2005
Amsterdam
noonski.nl
I use the old fashioned Click and run Kitchen using Bepe's BuildOS for WM 6.1 that has the MXIP folders as separate folders. I use WMReloc instead of G-Reloc.

But i converted the exe and dll files into all sorts of ways.

For now i'm happy using the 2.03 Dialer with shades.
I'll give it another go when i have more breathing space.

But i would give an arm for that Topaz Dialer in VGA.

BTW
Here's my Previous Diamond Kitchen.

It's got loads of Dutch and German Resource files in case anyone needs any of these. All needed Reg Files are in the appropriate 0XXX language folders.

http://rapidshare.com/files/179506249/O.R.D.E._Kitchen_v1.97.162.6.exe

Last edited:

At0mAng

Oct 10, 2007
Gotham
Net 3.7

If I select to install Net3.7 should I manually remove the net folder in SYS?

Thought I would ask instead of flashing a couple extra times :)

hilaireg

Moderator Emeritus
Jan 20, 2009
If I select to install Net3.7 should I manually remove the net folder in SYS?

Thought I would ask instead of flashing a couple extra times :)

I don't recommend it personally; you'll inevitably end-up breaking something. Previous .NET files and registry entries may be required by some applications - ex: Welcome requires 2.0 to run.

AFAIK, .NET 3.7 is not officially available for download; the one I included in the kitchen comes from WinMO 6.5 ... the release version may end up being different.

HTH,

corepda

Aug 4, 2007
California
I want to add my own OEM in the ROM. May I know where to put it or how to make ROM specific OEM? I wish to add my own set of applications like Rhodium manilla & many others. I used OEMIZER, it gave me a folder with OEM files & then I put it in Packages folder, but while making ROM it gives me error saying matching .DSM, taking from packaging....bla bla bla something. :( Plz let me know what all I need to do. I would like to change taskbar & add few important apps. Plz enlighten with this new kitchen.
Regards

Saksham Katyal

hilaireg

Moderator Emeritus
Jan 20, 2009
I want to add my own OEM in the ROM. May I know where to put it or how to make ROM specific OEM? I wish to add my own set of applications like Rhodium manilla & many others. I used OEMIZER, it gave me a folder with OEM files & then I put it in Packages folder, but while making ROM it gives me error saying matching .DSM, taking from packaging....bla bla bla something. :( Plz let me know what all I need to do. I would like to change taskbar & add few important apps. Plz enlighten with this new kitchen.
Regards

Saksham Katyal

I'm going to assume you are using the Legacy (not Visual Kitchen) version of the kitchen.

Your packages should be placed in the PACKAGES folder (EXT folder in Visual Kitchen). You will notice that all of the packages in the PACKAGES folder of the kitchen (and packs) are sequenced ... as per the first post of this thread. This was done so as to ensure that the final ROM produced from either kitchen would behave the same.

In the case of the duplicate <GUID>.DSM error, this indicates that you have another package in the kitchen with the same <GUID>.DSM. Search for the GUID that generates the error throughout the entire kitchen - you'll likely find that two or more occurrences of the same <GUID>.DSM file appear. To resolve the issue, generate a new GUID for one of the offending package(s); don't forget to change the <GUID>.RGU file and the OPTION.XML file to match the new GUID.

HTH,

corepda

Aug 4, 2007
California
Oops so this is the problem!
but I dont know how to edit all these mentioned files. I never had any issues with Josh kaiser kitchens. cant it like simple oem in some folder & then cooking simply?

hilaireg

Moderator Emeritus
Jan 20, 2009
Oops so this is the problem!
but I dont know how to edit all these mentioned files. I never had any issues with Josh kaiser kitchens. cant it like simple oem in some folder & then cooking simply?

Well, I don't know about the John Kaiser kitchen, but every kitchen i've used have always had the same requirement - no duplicate DSM. All the tools you need to address the issue are in the kitchen. Again, I'll assume you are using the Legacy kitchen (PkgBuildToolsOS):

OEM-GEN2.EXE:

Use the OEM-GEN2.EXE to generate a new <GUID> for one of the offending packages. Once you generate the <GUID>, do a search in the kitchen to ensure that the newly generated <GUID> is not already in the kitchen.

<GUID>.DSM & <GUID>.RGU:

Once you have generated a unique GUID, change the existing .DSM and .RGU filenames of the offending packages so that it matches the generated <GUID>.

DSMINFO.EXE:

If the <GUID>.DSM file is larger than zero (0) bytes, you have two options:

1) Delete it and create a zero (0) byte file of the same name: <GUID>.DSM
2) Use DSMInfo.exe to open the DSM and edit the GUIDPackage box so that it matches the generated <GUID>. Use the Managed Files Included button to remove the old .RGU and add the new <GUID>.RGU.

Note: A buildpkg.wrn file may appear in the folder; you can delete this file once you close DSMInfo.exe.

NOTEPAD2:

Use this editor to edit the OPTION.XML file; the OPTION.XML file contains a characteristic for the GUID. The GUID that appears must match the GUID number of the DSM.

Any existing package in the kitchen can serve as a reference.

HTH,

Last edited:

gtpf_uk

Jul 14, 2007
Athens
with the visualkitchen tools update 1.6 5/7/2009 do i have the ability to modify the date and the rom version with a name i prefer? or there will be a problem?thanks

hilaireg

Moderator Emeritus
Jan 20, 2009
Click the XIPPorterEX & ROM Tools button found in the kitchen and then click the Find Date/Version On \ROM\XIP\ button.

If the Date and ROM Version appear correctly, you're probably OK to make changes.

I recommend making a backup of your ROM folder just in case.

HTH,

Noonski

Apr 18, 2005
Amsterdam
noonski.nl
I tried it again but it keeps giving me cprog errors on calling and end off calls.

So it's probably depending on another package you have cooked in if your not getting those.

Edit found a missnamed MUI

TaskBarIconMgr.dll.0804.mui instead of TaskBarIconMgr.dll.0409.mui

Retry, Nope still get Crashes ond Dialing and ending the calls,

Doe you have all the Oems from Tachi?

Last edited:

Captain_Throwback

Recognized Developer
I tried it again but it keeps giving me cprog errors on calling and end off calls.

So it's probably depending on another package you have cooked in if your not getting those.

I know this wasn't a question for me, but . . . I noticed those cprog errors with 6.1, but not since I've been running 6.5 ROMs. The Tachi is a 6.5 device, so that in itself could be part of the problem.

P.S. Tachi OEMs here :) Also renaming that mui actually make the text in the Notification Manager unrecognizable (at least it did for me), which is why I left the mui named that way. FYI - the SlotManager and TaskBarIconMgr should already be part of the OEM you have, since they're necessary for the Dialer to function.

At0mAng

Oct 10, 2007
Gotham

Are you still looking for a working Tachi OEM for legacy kitchen?

Noonski

Apr 18, 2005
Amsterdam
noonski.nl
Yes, if i can get it working i can make one with compressed Graphics.

But if it is true that it is looking for WM 6.5 Hooks i'm ready to give up since i'm sticking with 6.1 for now.

Unless you have it running without problems in 6.1.

At0mAng

Oct 10, 2007
Gotham
Yes, if i can get it working i can make one with compressed Graphics.

But if it is true that it is looking for WM 6.5 Hooks i'm ready to give up since i'm sticking with 6.1 for now.

Unless you have it running without problems in 6.1.

I have it running on 6.1 without any problems. Only problem I have is sometimes the dialer is not brought to focus when a call comes in. Happened to me once or twice before.

I believe everything is in there that is needed for the dialer, if not let me know and will upload.

*Edit*
D'oh...must have forgot to attach files...

Download these two files

http://www.4shared.com/file/119398820/e8b9fa14/PACKAGE_At0mAng_PhoneCanvas_Tachi_4_10_34656_1.html
http://www.4shared.com/file/119398821/9fbeca82/PACKAGE_Tachi_TaskBarIconMgr.html

Last edited: