[GUIDE] Rumrunner S-Off for HTC One M7 International

Search This thread

MaRcIuPT

Apr 9, 2011
hello! just a quick question. after s-off does it wipe all my data? I have stock recovery, unlocked bootloader, no root. although I have tampered flag (I had root before)

aramyscampos

Nov 8, 2010
Hello guys, what's up? :D
Need some help, i'd like to get S-OFF on my HTC ONE and i hope that this new tool can do the trick

Currently I'm running ARHD 13.2 (4.2.2) unlocked via HTCDEV, my firmware is 2.24.401.8, band base 4A.17.3250.14_10.39.1150.04L, S-ON (HBOOT 1.54) and kernel 3.4.10-g28df0d6.
My HTC ONE is the EMEA, M7_UL, with LTE.
Does the RUMRUNNER works for my ONE ?

I know that I need to install the stock rom on my HTC ONE. By the way, what's the best way to do that, just in case i don't have a nandroid backup?

Thank you very much in advance :good::good::good:

Jump1ng

Nov 23, 2011
UK
Nexus 7 (2013)
OnePlus 9 Pro
Hello guys, what's up? :D
Need some help, i'd like to get S-OFF on my HTC ONE and i hope that this new tool can do the trick

Currently I'm running ARHD 13.2 (4.2.2) unlocked via HTCDEV, my firmware is 2.24.401.8, band base 4A.17.3250.14_10.39.1150.04L, S-ON (HBOOT 1.54) and kernel 3.4.10-g28df0d6.
My HTC ONE is the EMEA, M7_UL, with LTE.
Does the RUMRUNNER works for my ONE ?

I know that I need to install the stock rom on my HTC ONE. By the way, what's the best way to do that, just in case i don't have a nandroid backup?

Thank you very much in advance :good::good::good:

I believe I saw someone say they ran rumrunner successfully on ARHD rom, the version you have is a supported firmware so in theory it should work as its pretty much stock. If you don't want to risk it you could flash a stock 401.01 or 401.08 ROM.

Reactions: aramyscampos

big_sw2000

Mar 12, 2010
Abergavenny
Dose this work on Windows 8.

Using windows 7 in work, I stopped the process after pouring 8 times, as it was home time.

But at home on my windows 8 laptop. I have ADB Fastboot all installed, have the latest drivers. Downloaded the correct version for my firmware, but it will not find ADB. Everytime.
Im not doing anything different from work. So I wonder is it a windows 8 thing.

Pulling my hair out

Steve

Reactions: Dic3ptor

big_sw2000

Mar 12, 2010
Abergavenny
Dose this work on Windows 8.

Using windows 7 in work, I stopped the process after pouring 8 times, as it was home time.

But at home on my windows 8 laptop. I have ADB Fastboot all installed, have the latest drivers. Downloaded the correct version for my firmware, but it will not find ADB. Everytime.
Im not doing anything different from work. So I wonder is it a windows 8 thing.

Pulling my hair out

Steve

Oh well not sure what I did different. But after the 7534th time of trying, Bingo it worked.

Steve

ekabon

Aug 6, 2012
when I reach the step when the software is checking ADB the phone bootloops... and that is it((( Im on 2.24.401.8 and ARHD 30 (4.3)

ekabon

Aug 6, 2012
Maybe because you are not running the stock ROM and the stock kernel. It's almost MANDATORY AFAIK.

I don't think so, cause ARHD rom includes stock kernel and it's basically the same stock rom, just optimized... i think the problem might be in the version of android (4.3) ... downloading stock 4.2.2 now, hope is gonna help

Reactions: aramyscampos

baldric

Jul 22, 2008
Perth
My version is 2.24.980.3 and my CID is VODA021 from Vodafone Australia and I used rumrunner_m7_2.24.709.1.zip for windows on a WinXP machine, failed on 1st attempt but worked on 2nd.

Great work.

RoyEdwardz

Dec 8, 2011
Verizon HTC One

When i try to S-off, it goes until Test 1: Rebooting Device into bootloader
Waiting on fastboot (120/120)
Connection Failed!!
Fix IT, yes, YOU, fix it no!!!FIX IT NOW!!!!!!!
Press ENTER to exit.

Am i missing a fastboot driver or something? on my phone it goes to fastboot

---------- Post added at 10:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 PM ----------

I have done all the required things, htc driver is on, windows doesnt install any driver though,
Im runing windows 8 x64, no other phone programs on comp

sinosuke

Nov 30, 2011
Ruộng Rau
What a beautiful day :D !!!! S-OFFed :p Using Stock + Rooted ODexed from this thread : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2353083 . Proceeded on an Windows 7 x64 with my HTC One M7U - International ( Vietnam ) . CID - HTC_044 + rumrunner_m7_2.24.401.1. All done!!! Many thanks to sir @beaups , sir @smartanks and all gentleman that donated to make this wonder became true. A billion thanks ^_^

Last edited:
Reactions: fabioaalves

astmacca

Nov 23, 2011
Perth
When i try to S-off, it goes until Test 1: Rebooting Device into bootloader
Waiting on fastboot (120/120)
Connection Failed!!
Fix IT, yes, YOU, fix it no!!!FIX IT NOW!!!!!!!
Press ENTER to exit.

Am i missing a fastboot driver or something? on my phone it goes to fastboot

---------- Post added at 10:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 PM ----------

I have done all the required things, htc driver is on, windows doesnt install any driver though,
Im runing windows 8 x64, no other phone programs on comp

Have you got adb working? You need both that and fastboot for this to work apparently.

Do the adb devices thing and then adb reboot bootloader. If that works its communicating, and then try fastboot devices and fastboot getvar all to check you still have comms.

crushalot

Jun 18, 2011
Raleigh
www.htc1guru.com
Okay i am now s-off to. But somebody have an idea how the red warning can be removed?

Thx for s-off
There are many ways, but I just thought I would throw a reminder for those newly S-off.

My Dark Bootloader firmware versions already have the warning text removed plus dark unbranded look.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2391611

Also my Stock ROM builds (which are known to work for rumrunner) have all been given an extra mirror link so all of them should always be available.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=46236743

aho3

Sep 13, 2009
Appenzell
Soff!!!!Hurrrreee!

I had the rom: Android Revolution HD 30.0 running on my phone.
I have changed to rom:_2.24.401.1_odexed_TugaPower in order to be on 2.24.401.1, used the tool got Soff with no issues, it was all going as described and smooth.
there after used my CWM backup, now im running again rom Android Revolution HD 30.0

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a complete and detailed guide on how to achieve S-OFF on HTC One international variants using the Rumrunner tool.

Rumrunner copyright notice: As per the license terms on the official Rumrunner site (http://rumrunner.us/) mirror download links of Rumrunner software are not allowed. Using Rumrunner packages hosted on other sites or uploaded by other forum members is risky as they may be outdated or modified and you may end up bricking your device. Always download the latest Rumrunner from the official site: http://rumrunner.us/downloads-2/

Update: There is an alternative tool to S-OFF your HTC devices by the developers of Rumrunner called Firewater. The procedure prior to using Firewater is almost identical to Rumrunner, so you can follow the same detailed instructions below. The main difference when using Firewater is that there is no executable file, so you first have to "push" the downloaded file onto your HTC device's internal memory and then manually execute it via the Command Prompt. Firewater supports a larger number of HTC devices and has the ability to temporarily root your device before attempting to S-OFF, so you do not have to first unlock the bootloader via the HTCdev site. Here is the official site for Firewater: http://firewater-soff.com/. If you need any help, just hit the reply button.

Step-by-step procedure before attempting to S-OFF (with the universal Rumrunner version for international variants):
    1. Your HTC One must be rooted.
    If it's not rooted, the bootloader must first be unlocked. Follow the instructions in the "Unlocking bootloader" section in this guide: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2265618. Then, flash a custom recovery and root your device: http://www.xda-developers.com/andro...one-m7-and-install-recovery-xda-developer-tv/. At this point, you can leave your device unlocked or relock it. It is advised to leave it unlocked.
    2. Go to Settings > Developer options > check USB debugging. (If you cannot see Developer options, go to Settings > About > Software information > More > tap on Build number 7 times until you get a pop-up message saying: You are now a developer!)
    3. Go to Settings > Power > uncheck Fast boot.
    4. Uninstall HTC Sync if you have it, as well as all other phone software (Samsung Kies, PDANet, etc.)
    5. Disable all your internet security software (antivirus, antispyware such as Windows Defender, etc) and disable firewall (you need unrestricted internet access otherwise Rumrunner will fail).
    6. Disable Screen lock security on your HTC One. (Go to Settings > Security > Screen lock > select None)
    7. Install latest HTC One drivers: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2191279 and drivers for Windows 8: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2232799. Hint: If you previously had HTC Sync installed, you should have the drivers already. You can uninstall HTC Sync separately, without removing the drivers.
    8. You need ADB and fastboot. Download both in a single package: http://d-h.st/6hF
    9. Use your HTC USB cable to connect the device to a USB 2.0 port on your PC. (Do not connect through USB hubs or USB 3.0 ports)
    10. Connect to FASTBOOT USB mode and test if your phone is accessible via adb fastboot. (Hold the power button down until the phone powers off. Press Volume Down and Power buttons to start the device into Bootloader mode. Use the Volume buttons to select up or down. Highlight Fastboot and press the Power button. Connect the device via the original HTC USB cable to a USB 2.0 port in your PC . Now, click on Start > Run > Type "CMD". This will open the DOS Command Prompt window. Navigate through DOS to your adb folder. Mine is located at C:/mini-sdk so i type in the following order:
    Code:
    cd c:\
    cd mini-sdk
    fastboot devices
    This will display your HTC One's serial number, indicating that you have successfully established USB connection. Here's my log from the Command Prompt window:
    Code:
    C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator>cd c:\
    C:\>cd mini-sdk
    C:\mini-sdk>fastboot devices
    FA36PW******    fastboot
    If you see nothing after entering the fastboot devices command, then there is a problem with the USB connection - you may have a faulty USB cable and/or you need to install the correct HTC One USB drivers depending on your OS).
    11. Charge your HTC One to 100%. Some users have reported that if the battery level is below 50%, the S-OFF procedure will sometimes fail.
    12. Download the universal version of Rumrunner according to your OS: http://rumrunner.us/downloads-2/. Connect your HTC One using the HTC USB cable via a USB 2.0 port and boot up the phone. Leave it on its homescreen. Close any open Command Prompt windows. Unzip the Rumrunner file on your desktop. Make sure that you have administrator rights on the computer. Double-click on soju.exe to start the S-OFF operation. Follow the on-screen progress and allow any requests for root access, etc. Good luck!

Note: S-OFF will not wipe any data from your phone (unlike unlocking bootloader). Having custom ROM does not affect the S-OFF procedure if using the universal Rumrunner version. Your phone's MID & CID do not matter for S-OFF.

Step-by-step procedure before attempting to S-OFF (with previous non-universal builds of Rumrunner and for HTC One Verizon):
    Note: I've successfully used Rumrunner to S-OFF (on the first attempt) using stock ROM with software version same as my firmware number. I cannot guarantee that the procedure would be 100% the same for different variants of the HTC One, although it should be 99% similar. For this guide, i have used my European HTC One M7_U and Windows XP SP3 32-bit to test the whole procedure. Read carefully, proceed with caution and use at your own risk!

1. Your HTC One must be on hboot 1.54 or 1.55 (if you have hboot 1.44, you should use other tools to S-OFF, like moonshine or revone). You can check the hboot version easily by going to the bootloader. Power off. Press Power and Volume Down buttons.
    2. The bootloader must be unlocked. Follow the instructions in the "Unlocking bootloader" section in this guide: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2265618 (Note: unlocking the bootloader will wipe a special section of the data partition that contains four pre-installed applications: the Calculator, Flashlight, Ringtone Trimmer and Sound Recorder application. Since you need to have all stock files for OTA updates, you will therefore lose the functionality of future software updates. However, this can be easily fixed by flashing a stock ROM, RUU or simply the latest custom ROM).
    3. Go to Settings > Developer options > check USB debugging. (If you cannot see Developer options, go to Settings > About > Software information > More > tap on Build number 7 times until you get a pop-up message saying: You are now a developer!)
    4. Go to Settings > Power > uncheck Fast boot.
    5. Uninstall HTC Sync if you have it, as well as all other phone software (Samsung Kies, PDANet, etc.)
    6. Disable all your internet security software (antivirus, antispyware such as Windows Defender, etc) and disable firewall (you need unrestricted internet access otherwise Rumrunner will fail).
    7. Disable Screen lock security on your HTC One. (Go to Settings > Security > Screen lock > select None)
    8. Install latest HTC One drivers: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2191279 and drivers for Windows 8: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2232799. Hint: If you previously had HTC Sync installed, you should have the drivers already. You can uninstall HTC Sync separately, without removing the drivers.
    9. You need ADB and fastboot. Download both in a single package: http://d-h.st/6hF (there is no need to re-download this package if you used the "Unlocking bootloader" guide from step 2.)
    10. Use your HTC USB cable to connect the device to a USB 2.0 port on your PC. (Do not connect through USB hubs or USB 3.0 ports)
    11. Connect to FASTBOOT USB mode and test if your phone is accessible via adb fastboot. (Hold the power button down until the phone powers off. Press Volume Down and Power buttons to start the device into Bootloader mode. Use the Volume buttons to select up or down. Highlight Fastboot and press the Power button. Connect the device via the original HTC USB cable to a USB 2.0 port in your PC . Now, click on Start > Run > Type "CMD". This will open the DOS Command Prompt window. Navigate through DOS to your adb folder. Mine is located at C:/mini-sdk so i type in the following order:
    Code:
    cd mini-sdk
    fastboot devices
    This will display your HTC One's serial number, indicating that you have successfully established USB connection. Here's my log from the Command Prompt window:
    Code:
    C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator>cd c:\
    C:\>cd mini-sdk
    C:\mini-sdk>fastboot devices
    FA36PW******    fastboot
    If you see nothing after entering the fastboot devices command, then there is a problem with the USB connection - you may have a faulty USB cable and/or you need to install the correct HTC One USB drivers depending on your OS).
    12. Charge your HTC One to 100%. Some users have reported that if the battery level is below 50%, the S-OFF procedure will sometimes fail.
    13. You need to find your firmware version so as to know which Rumrunner version to download. Go to your Bootloader, set to FASTBOOT USB and in adb type:
    Code:
    fastboot getvar mainver
    For example, i got:
    Code:
    mainver: 2.24.401.9
    This is your firmware version.
    14. You should know your ROM version. Boot up your phone and go to Settings > About > Software information > Software number. This is your ROM version. You should preferably be on stock ROM and its version should match your firmware version in order to minimize the risks of failure when using Rumrunner. If you're using custom ROM (especially if the base version of the ROM doesn't match your firmware), it is recommended to download and flash the correct stock ROM version: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2428276.
    15. Download the version of Rumrunner according to your firmware version and OS: http://rumrunner.us/downloads-2/. Connect your HTC One using the HTC USB cable via a USB 2.0 port and boot up the phone. Leave it on its home-screen. Close any open Command Prompt windows. Unzip the Rumrunner file for your firmware version on your desktop. Make sure that you have administrator rights on the computer. Double-click on soju.exe to start the S-OFF operation. Don't touch anything. Let the program do its job. Good luck!

Note: S-OFF will not wipe any data from your phone (unlike unlocking bootloader). Having custom recovery and being rooted do not affect the Rumrunner S-OFF procedure. Your phone's MID & CID do not matter for S-OFF.

Here is my complete log from successful Rumrunner S-OFF execution:
    (For my firmware, i used Rumrunner HTC One Windows 2.24.401.9).
    ==================== rumrunner S-OFF 0.0.3 ==============================

rumrunner S-OFF comes with NO WARRANTY (express or implied)
    and NO GUARANTEE OF FITNESS for any particular task.
    We have made every effort we can to make this a safe process for users
    however the authors disclaim any liability for damage to your phone
    or other materials or devices used during this process.

The entire risk of running rumrunner S-OFF lies with you, the user.
    By using this software you acknowledge and accept that the authors
    are not liable for any loss, material or otherwise howsoever caused.

Do you understand the implications of this warning?
    (Yes/No)
    Yes

Dear User: We will expect that YOU:
    (1) Know how to use ADB and FASTBOOT binaries
    ---- [Yes, use these tools to test USB connection BEFORE running rumrunner] ----

(2) Realize that rumrunner S-OFF cannot support every CUSTOM rom in this world
    (3) Understand that irc support IS NOT A GENERAL HELPDESK
    (4) Are able to identify and download the CORRECT package for YOUR device
    (5) Know how to enable USB-debugging on YOUR device (Yes, do that now)
    (6) Understand that you may NOT repack or redistribute rumrunner S-OFF

Ok?
    (Yes/No)
    Yes
    !! Do NOT for any reason taunt, unplug, drop, eat or pet your device !!
    Please wait....
    Checking for updates......
    Test 1: Rebooting into bootloader
    Waiting for fastboot (8/120)
    Waiting
    [PN0711000-1.54.0000]
    Test 2 (ALT): Booting device
    Rebooting from fastboot
    Waiting for ADB (23/120)
    Device detected.....................
    [------------------------------------------------------------]
    Test 3: Rebooting into bootloader (again)
    Waiting for fastboot (8/120)
    Waiting for ADB (29/120)
    Waiting for device
    pouring (1)...........................
    pouring (2)..............................
    pouring (3)...........................
    pouring (4)..........
    Waiting for ADB (26/120)
    Waiting for device
    Powering off device, UNPLUG your device, then press VOL-DOWN & Power to enter hb
    oot
    All Done, hope you enjoyed the rum!
    Press ENTER to exit

Rumrunner FAQ
    =============

How to verify if your HTC device is now S-OFF
    If S-OFF is successful, you can verify by going to the bootloader and at the top, under "*** UNLOCKED ***", you will see something like this: "M7_U PVT SHIP S-OFF RH". Or you can simply reboot your phone and in the splash screen, you will see a brief red warning message: "This build is for development purposes only...". Don't worry about that - it's just proof that you have successfully S-OFF'ed your HTC One! You will also find some red text warning when you boot your phone and in Settings > About > Tell HTC and error reporting.

How to get rid of S-OFF warnings
    There are two visual differences that will indicate that your device is S-OFF (other than checking in the bootloader):
    1. Go to Settings > About. You should see "Tell HTC and error reporting" option right under "Software updates".
    If you don't see that option, then you're already using a custom ROM and you can skip this step. But if you see the "Tell HTC and error reporting" option, select it and scroll down to read a warning message in red text. The "Tell HTC" option is permanently enabled and cannot be turned off without flashing a custom ROM. If you are not comfortable with HTC collecting information from your device, you can load your custom recovery, wipe data, cache, dalvik and install a custom ROM - the "Tell HTC and error reporting" option will be gone.
    2. Boot up or restart your phone. In the boot splash screen, if you see a warning message in red text: "This build is for development purposes only..." you can remove it by flashing a custom hboot, now supplied by the developers of Rumrunner: http://rumrunner.us/hboots/. If your phone's firmware and carrier are not listed, the custom Hboots provided on the Rumrunner site will not work and you will likely brick your device. But you can look for other sources. Try this one: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2316726. Alternatively, you can request for a custom Rumrunner Hboot for your specific firmware and carrier. Instructions: Do fastboot getvar all and don't forget to remove your serialno and imei. Paste the info into an email. Upload your RUU or firmware.zip from OTA to dropbox and add link in email and don't forget to mention your carrier, if any. Send to: rumrunnerdevs@gmail.com. Then, check the Rumrunner Hboots page regularly for the update: http://rumrunner.us/hboots/.

New possibilities with S-OFF
    Now that you're S-OFF, there is one more thing you need to know if you want to preserve your One's software freedom:
    Question: if s-off with rumrunner then s-on, will it be possible to s-off again?
    beaups: "those situations are hard to predict. best to not do s-on."
    There you have it - directly from the developer of Rumrunner.

What can you do now that you're S-OFF? There are many new exciting options available to you but let's start off with the basics and possibly the most interesting advantages of having S-OFF:
    1. Get SuperCID 11111111 (this will remove the region lock on your phone)
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2317536
    2. Remove "Tampered" flag in your bootloader.
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2497712
    3. Firmware upgrade to the latest available for optimal performance.
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2365506
    Just skip to section 2 which deals with "Firmware Upgrade".

There are several additional possibilities with S-OFF: changing your phone's MID/CID to any region, flashing any RUU (Sense or GPE), downgrading your firmware, flashing any mod, custom kernels, etc. Have your pick in the Android Development sections!

How to go back to 100% stock
    If for some reason (warranty, selling, etc) you need to return your HTC One to 100% stock condition (restore stock ROM and firmware, remove Tampered, set Locked, S-ON, etc), check out this guide: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2358738

Troubleshooting Rumrunner S-OFF errors:
    The number of pourings may vary. But if it's successful, the number is usually 3 or 4. If it goes beyond that, there is a higher chance of Rumrunner encountering some error and/or not being compatible with your HTC One variant. But some people have tried the program several times before it finally worked. There is no standard results log due to all the HTC One variants, with the added inconsistency of custom ROMs. If you don't want to wait for your specific Rumrunner version to be released, you can try the available builds on the Rumrunner download page (test the closest available Rumrunner version to your firmware version) and maybe the right/lucky combination of Rumrunner and ROM will work for your device. According to beaups (quoted above), there is no risk of bricking. Ideally, to S-OFF without any hiccups, you need to have the same software version across the firmware, ROM and Rumrunner. But if you have managed to successfully S-OFF with different versions of firmware and/or ROM and/or Rumrunner, please reply and share that information so others won't need to experiment or wait for their specific Rumrunner version.

In case of failure (errors, endless pourings, etc), make sure that you have read and understood and successfully gone through every step in this guide in the given order. Verify if you have fulfilled the prerequisites on the Rumrunner site: http://rumrunner.us/instructions/. If Rumrunner is still not working for you, here are some basic instructions quoted from beaups, which can be used as a quick FAQ for some of the most common problems:
    1.) mainver, rom ver, recovery ver, etc matter very little. it's about the rest of the firmware. ruu is best to make sure on proper firmware
    2.) if you are on wrong firmware version and try, it *probably* won't work. it will not brick
    3.) "fatal" (error) it is network authorization issue. firewall/bad download/virus on your pc/etc may cause
    4.) windows is next to impossible to troubleshoot. if getting "fatal:**** it" error or other adb errors, try linux live
    5.) if you are on unsupported fw, send request email to request address. if you cannot link to ruu, we will need partitions 1 through 13 pulled, zipped, and linked in that email request, along with a dump of the STOCK kernel (see the header below for more detailed instructions on how to request a custom Rumrunner version for your specific HTC One variant).

Is the official Rumrunner website not accessible or you cannot download Rumrunner?
    If you cannot browse the official rumrunner.us site on your computer, then the software will simply not work. Even if you have someone download the rumrunner file and forward it to you, the software will need access to the official rumrunner.us website before it proceeds to S-OFF your device. In that case, your ISP is most probably limiting your access. Try setting up your network to connect via a stable proxy or connect to a different ISP (at work, public Wi-Fi hotspot, at friend's place, etc). To check if your connection is successfully unrestricted, simply open your browser and see if it loads the rumrunner.us site.

There will most likely be other questions and issues which are not answered here. Please don't rage or nag or complain to beaups or me about this. I wrote this guide only to avoid people from asking the same questions and to spare the need to go through dozens of threads and read hundreds of replies. beaups is not affiliated with this guide. I tried to put together all the essential information that would be required to easily S-OFF from my experience with Rumrunner. If there are any changes to Rumrunner that divert from this guide, feel free to reply.

How to request Rumrunner version for your unsupported HTC firmware (Verizon variant)
    Note: The universal Rumrunner package supports all HTC One variant firmwares, except for the Verizon variant.

Quote from the Rumrunner site: Device/Firmware not listed? Send a request to rumrunnerdevs@gmail.com with your full mainver (from fastboot getvar mainver) and a link to ruu or ota firmware package. Do not send requests without ALL of this required information!!!

The first requirement is easy - just get your firmware version as explained in the sections above using "fastboot getvar mainver". The second requirement involves a link to RUU or OTA firmware which is not available for some HTC variants. In the latter case, there is a solution, but it involves the need for you to have your stock ROM. Let me elaborate a bit more on this: when you first got your HTC One, it was hopefully 100% stock, so you unlocked the bootloader, flashed custom recovery, rooted, and then hopefully, you did a nandroid backup before flashing a custom ROM. If you have that nandroid backup, restore it. If you never installed a custom ROM, then you should have your stock ROM already. Now, if you don't have your stock ROM anymore (some of you may not have made or kept your original stock nandroid backup), there isn't anything that you can do at this point, except wait for someone else with the same M7 variant as you, to follow the procedures in this guide and email the developers with all the necessary files. You can then try Rumrunner for your firmware version when it's available.

Assuming that your device is rooted and on stock ROM with software version from the settings which matches exactly your "mainver" (firmware version) from earlier, here's how to proceed - you need to dump partitions 1 through 13 and the kernel as well (partition 33).

First, make sure your phone is booted up and connected to USB. Leave it on its homescreen.
    In Command Prompt, go to your adb and fastboot folder. Mine is located at C:/mini-sdk so i type in the following order:
    Code:
    cd mini-sdk
    adb shell
    su (this will change the $ symbol to #)
    dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p1 of=/sdcard/p1
    In some cases, it might take a little time. Please be patient and don't disconnect the phone and don't close the DOS command window! Wait until you see the following output (yours will vary):
    Code:
    256+0 records in
    256+0 records out
    131072 bytes transferred in 0.064 secs (2048000 bytes/sec)
    Then, dump the other 12 partitions. Wait for the results after entering each command line.
    Code:
    dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p2 of=/sdcard/p2
    dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p3 of=/sdcard/p3
    etc
    until the last command
    Code:
    dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p13 of=/sdcard/p13
    Then, you need to dump the Kernel
    Code:
    dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p33 of=/sdcard/p33
    Finally, type:
    Code:
    exit
    exit
    exit
    It's safer if you exit that way as it will progressively move out from the adb shell and finally close the DOS window.

If you navigate to your HTC One > Internal Memory, you should see the files p1 through p13 and p33. If they are not visible, unplug your M7 from the USB cable and plug it back in. Now, check your HTC One's Internal Memory and you should see all the files. Copy them to a folder on your desktop. These are the precious files that you need to attach to your email and which will allow a custom Rumrunner version to be built for your specific HTC variant.

Note: Some of the partition dump files can be quite bulky. In my case, p3 was 127 MB and the other files ranged from 1 KB to 15.2 MB. In total, the dumps amounted to 169 MB which might exceed your attachment file size limit and can also be time-consuming to upload. In that case, just use Winrar and select best compression method from its settings. My rar file containing all the p1 to p13 and p33 files went down to just 7.34 MB.

You will also need to specify exactly the Kernel version from the Settings > About > Software information > More. If you don't want to take any risks with possible typing errors or missing Kernel info, it's probably best if you just do a screenshot and attach it to your email as well.

Now, all you have to do is just email all these files to rumrunnerdevs@gmail.com. There is no ETA, so don't harass the developers. It will be released when it's ready. Instead, check the Rumrunner downloads page regularly to know when Rumrunner for your firmware version is available: http://rumrunner.us/downloads-2/.

Official support available on IRC
    Quoted from: http://rumrunner.us: "support for rumrunner s-off is available at #rumrunners on the freenode and andirc networks. Please make sure you meet all of the requirements before contacting support. Do NOT come to support to request new devices to be added to the supported device list."

Donation
    If Rumrunner has helped you to achieve S-OFF, please support the developers for all their hard work by sending a donation via PayPal to: rumrunnerdevs@gmail.com

Credits: @beaups and @Fuses for Rumrunner, and @lollylost100 for his help with partition dumps.

If this guide was helpful, just press the "THANKS" button! :cool:
    Good Guide. Thanks.

I started with an Australian HTC one, unlocked bootloader with a stock 4.2.2 ROM and Kernel (from the nandroid i made first thing after i rooted the phone) and TWRP recovery.

My version is 2.24.980.2 (seems that is the Optus/Iinet version).

Followed the Instructions ( http://rumrunner.us/instructions/) and this guide with religious devotion. :silly:

USB de-bugging on
    fastbooting option in Power menu off
    Antivirus and Firewall off

Actually did a cleanup of my computer after ensuring that all phone software like HTC Sync was uninstalled

Before did anything else booted to fastboot mode and checked that i could see the phone on that USB cable and port. (fastboot devices and then fastboot getvar all).

Used rumrunner_m7_2.24.709.1.zip for windows on a Win7 32bit machine.

Waited with patience. :fingers-crossed:

now S-Off. :victory:
    Okay i am now s-off to. But somebody have an idea how the red warning can be removed?

Thx for s-off
    There are many ways, but I just thought I would throw a reminder for those newly S-off.

My Dark Bootloader firmware versions already have the warning text removed plus dark unbranded look.
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2391611

Also my Stock ROM builds (which are known to work for rumrunner) have all been given an extra mirror link so all of them should always be available.
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=46236743
    Thanks for Guide.

I want to report something,

Rumrunner 2.24.401.8 version work on FW 2.24.401.9 and ROM 2.24.401.8
    I'm a bit late to the game. I tried to download but the server is no longer up. Could someone please upload this somewhere? I would really appreciate it!

Found a backup of this of you're still interested

https://mega.nz/file/Gph23aoY#ChVmXyF3g1RSeKMzZ4jhgm-vTz75jcZFUBhqS4vfcI8