[TOOL] One click ENG S-OFF

Search This thread

bhuwan1990

Feb 4, 2010
Just flashed stock Ruu. I am not sure if it has been successful or not. I can still see my old applications. :confused:
I dont know if my dhd is unroot or not.

Hakimy

Oct 17, 2010
I'm going to get DHD (unlocked) soon and this helps a lot but I'm confused about something.HTC sometimes sends OTA to fix bugs.If I used this,I won't get any OTA? does this mean that Radio S-OFF is a better option?

P.S: I'm surprised that this topic isn't sticky.a video in English and it will be the best ;)

afrcom15

Sep 13, 2010
Cornwall
I'm going to get DHD (unlocked) soon and this helps a lot but I'm confused about something.HTC sometimes sends OTA to fix bugs.If I used this,I won't get any OTA? does this mean that Radio S-OFF is a better option?

P.S: I'm surprised that this topic isn't sticky.a video in English and it will be the best ;)

'cause it's been asked and answered so many times in so many threads:confused: It would be difficult to choose which thread to make sticky

Aamir.Badat

Nov 14, 2010
So if you temproot/permroot can you still get OTA from you provider/HTC?
i want to know this because i want to root but also get the official OTA update for 2.3 Gingerbread

Aamir.Badat

Nov 14, 2010
I Just want to use the framework that go with the skins but i also want the OTA update to work and before i permroot i want to backup the official rom im using right now using Nandroid.

So will i be able to get the OTA updates if i root?

edie

Jul 15, 2008
guys i need some help. i rooted the phone and then when i clicked from my pc the "Desire HD easy s-off" started and sundenly my phone went off. and now is not turning on. also when plug it to charger the light is not working. ant idea?

afrcom15

Sep 13, 2010
Cornwall
guys i need some help. i rooted the phone and then when i clicked from my pc the "Desire HD easy s-off" started and sundenly my phone went off. and now is not turning on. also when plug it to charger the light is not working. ant idea?

That's not good, can u not get into hboot? Hold volume down while pushing the power button.

I do hope not but it does sound like you may have created yourself a great paperweight :eek:

ttav

Aug 6, 2010

Did you try removing the battery and putting it back in? Can you get into recovery?

edie

Jul 15, 2008
i tried that few times, but nothing. so that mean the phone is dead? no other option?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    NOT COMPATIBLE WITH DEVICES SHIPPED WITH GINGERBREAD 2.3 Or Updated bootloaders. No longer Supported

One click ENG S-OFF​

HTC - Quietly Unlocked

I have created a small and simple tool to S-OFF a Desire HD after it has been permrooted with Visionary. After you have run this tool, you will have an engineering hboot (S-OFF). Remember that making a phone S-OFF is dangerous business, and you use this tool at your own risk! The tool also works with any custom ROM, as long as you have root permissions (and Radio S-OFF, which was required to flash the custom ROM in the first place).

System requirements:
    • Windows XP SP2 or higher
    • .NET Framework 3.5
    • HTC Sync (or ADB drivers)
    • Desire HD with lower than 1.7x stock ROM OR any custom ROM, tick "I have Radio S-OFF" in the tool

• Now that your device is S-OFF, and you can get Rom manager from the market, which will install a ClockWorkMod recovery for you. Just open it up and tap "Flash ClockworkMod recovery".

Mint! This sounds great. So all I need to do is perm root and use your app :D I sence new ROM and kernal on my device very soon.

Sent from my DesIre HD using XDA App
    No, actually it'll make it much harder. You won't be able to flash most custom ROMs, and if you then want to properly root your phone with the AAHK, you'll have to re-lock your phone with the official tool first.

I would avoid the HTC unlock altogether to be honest.

Agreed. There are lots of questions in the Q&A about this because people have used the official method and not got the results they wanted.
    Hi,

yes, my dhd is S-off now.

with friendly greet

starbase64
    Wow, Cool! Thanks for testing :)