[SuperSU][System-Mode][2.82 SR5]

Votes: 189 55.4%

Votes: 210 61.6%

• Total voters
Search This thread

marcdw

Sep 24, 2014
Baldwin Park
Hi, are you sure just flash your zip directly at recovery? Because after flash your supersu zip i cannot boot to the os

Most Nougat ROMs won't work with SU in system mode. No fault of this zip.
I had given up trying awhile back but recently I found Validus and AOSP-CAF (on my G3) worked with system mode. That was cool.

ZTE Axon 7 A2017U, Dirty Unicorns v11.6 ROM, Tapatalk 4.9.5

mrdreamers

Oct 16, 2009
Texas
is there a odin file for this?
i just got a verison note 4 and unlocked the boot loader and put twrp on, but when i boot and it gets to the verison logo it reboots over and over,
so i thought id odin root my phone then flash a custom rom to see if that will fix it.

But how will i get the rom file to my phone? ive tried though pc but it gives me a pop up saying it cant but i can access it.
can ya odin a custom rom?

i need help

this is how i unlocked the bootloader,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OoxWDDEFJxQ

Last edited:
is there a odin file for this? i just got a verison note 4 and unlocked the boot loader and put twrp on, but when i boot and it gets to the verison logo it reboots over and over, so i thought id odin root my phone then flash a custom rom to see if that will fix it.
After flashing TWRP, you will then need to install the custom ROM from within TWRP.

Custom ROM's won't install via Odin.

Go to the thread of the Custom ROM and read the steps on installing it through TWRP.

Being stuck in the Verizon logo just means that there's no ROM installed.

Good Luck!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I Am The Egg Man,
They Are The Egg Men.
I Am The Walrus!
Coo Coo Cachoo!

I DO NOT PROVIDE SUPPORT VIA PM UNLESS ASKED/REQUESTED BY MYSELF.
PLEASE KEEP IT IN THE THREADS WHERE EVERYONE CAN SHARE

mrdreamers

Oct 16, 2009
Texas
After flashing TWRP, you will then need to install the custom ROM from within TWRP.

Custom ROM's won't install via Odin.

Go to the thread of the Custom ROM and read the steps on installing it through TWRP.

Being stuck in the Verizon logo just means that there's no ROM installed.

Good Luck!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I Am The Egg Man,
They Are The Egg Men.
I Am The Walrus!
Coo Coo Cachoo!

I DO NOT PROVIDE SUPPORT VIA PM UNLESS ASKED/REQUESTED BY MYSELF.
PLEASE KEEP IT IN THE THREADS WHERE EVERYONE CAN SHARE

you may have missed my question because i was fixing it but its fixed now , let me know what ya think :)

ILocDogI

Mar 29, 2015
Nörvenich
Any update for supersu systemmode?
SR4 v2.82 version released today from chainfire

Gesendet von meinem SM-N920F mit Tapatalk

marcg87

Apr 23, 2009
hey! the sr5 in my op3t don't work with Android 8.0 , any solution? thanks!

Last edited:

marcdw

Sep 24, 2014
Baldwin Park
hey! the sr5 in my op3t don't work with Android 8.0 , any solution? thanks!

If you mean in system mode (which these zips provide) then that's just the way it is. Throughout Nougat's time system mode SU rarely worked. Successes on a ROM here and there but in general, no.
So I'm quite sure it'll be less successful on Oreo. Flash the regular Chainfire SuperSU zip instead.

ZTE Axon 7 A2017U, Dark ROM, Tapatalk 4.9.5

Last edited:

ben cherian

Dec 18, 2010
Sony Xperia Ion
OnePlus 3T
When I tried to flash and install the SuperSU latest zip on "Aosp extended Oreo ROM for Moto G Falcon model it is not working. Adding a screenshot also below. Magisk is NOT installed.

Attachments

• ss2.png
    ss2.png
    37.8 KB · Views: 1,601
  • Screenshot_20171207-192047.png
    Screenshot_20171207-192047.png
    79 KB · Views: 1,586
Last edited:

marcdw

Sep 24, 2014
Baldwin Park
When I tried to flash and install the SuperSU latest zip on "Aosp extended Oreo ROM for Moto G Falcon model it is not working. Adding a screenshot also below. Magisk is NOT installed.

I get that error even with systemless on various ROMs. The fact that AEX booted with system mode means you're good on that point.
On other phone running Dirty Unicorns Nougat I kept getting that even after reflashing SU a couple of times. I then flashed 2.79 and updated via the Play Store.

Anyway, when that error dialog pops up you have the option to see possible fixes. One suggestion was to go into SU's settings and choose the cleanup for reinstallation from Play Store option. On one ROM I did that and just reflashed SU. It worked.
On DU it didn't so that's why I went down to 2.79 first. Not sure if 2.79 will work on Oreo.
I tried system mode SU on an early Tesla O build where it worked the first time.

I guess it's time to start playing with the O stuff again.

LG G3 D851, PAC-MAN LP ROM, MultiROM, Tapatalk 4.9.5

Reactions: ben cherian

marcdw

Sep 24, 2014
Baldwin Park
Why this leads to bootloop while i can install supersu in system mode with aroma installer?

You referring to Chainfire's Aroma configuration tool (which is _not_ an installer)?
If so I guess I should do some testing. I remember trying the system mode zip and selecting system mode in Aroma tool but ROM still didn't boot. That was awhile back, forgot what ROM it was.
I'll look for a ROM to test on. Which ROM do you use?

LG G3 D851, PAC-MAN LP ROM, MultiROM, Tapatalk 4.9.5

scrubjay55

Nov 7, 2016
Reactions: marcdw

Top Liked Posts