[RECOVERY][3.4.0-10][Unified]Official/Unofficial TWRP for OnePlus 7/7 pro/5G (Stable)

Search This thread

mauronofrio

Recognized Developer
Jun 29, 2012
Castellana Grotte
toolaio.tk
Team Win Recovery Project 3.x, or twrp3 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. Its a fully touch driven user interface no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

Code:
#include <std_disclaimer.h>
/*
* We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
*/

Features:
- Seems is working all except vibration
- Android Q Support
- Android 11 Decryption

Install guide (Reccomended):
1. Install fastboot tools from google's sdk on your PC
2. Enter fastboot mode
3. Unlock your bootloader
4. Run "fastboot boot recoveryimgfilename.img" in command line (if you want to have it permanently you should flash the installer)
5. If you will flash the installer and you are stock you need also to flash magisk or your phone will not boot again
6. Enjoy it:)

Other Install guide (More articulated but fully functional):
2. Enter fastboot mode
4. Run "fastboot boot recoveryimgfilename.img" in command line
5. Copy the recoveryimgfilename.img in the phone memory
6. Go in advanced menu
7. Click on "Install Recovery Ramdisk"
Screenshot-2019-04-04-17-25-43.png

8. Choose the recoveryimgfilename.img
9. Swipe to install

OLD Install guide (Much more articulated but perfectly functional):
1. Follow this guide to root your device: https://xdaforums.com/oneplus-7-pro/how-to/guide-root-oneplus-7-pro-patched-boot-t3931205
2. Flash the TWRP installer like a magisk module
3. Flashing the TWRP installer you will lose the root, so you will need to flash magisk again from magisk manager before reboot the device or you can reboot the device and flash magisk in twrp

HOW TO UPDATE a ROM and KEEP TWRP and ROOT:
Before all Disable all magisk modules for boths methods

- Put rom.zip, twrp installer.zip and magisk.zip on your internal storage;
- Flash Rom;
- Flash TWRP Installer;
- Flash magisk;
- Reboot.

If you want you can also update a stock rom from phone settings with local upgrade:
- Update the Rom WITHOUT REBOOT;
- Open Magisk Manager;
- Menu/modules/+ button/select the twrp installer.zip and flash it;
- Always in Magisk Manager, click on Install/Install/Direct Install;
- Again in Magisk Manager, click on Install/Install/Inactive Slot;
- Reboot.

BugReport:
Please all, when you got a problem, bootloop, error in twrp, unable to do something, please be sure you have followed the guides properly and when you write here you have problem just follow this guidelines for the bugreport:
- Write what rom and version you have actually;
- Write which device you have, gm1910, gm1913, gm1917, gm1915, gm1920, gm1911.
- Write which twrp you are using (Unofficial, Officia and the version);
- If you got an error in the twrp flashing a zip, after got the error make a log using this command : "cat /tmp/recovery.log" or if you are using adb with "adb shell cat /tmp/recovery.log". Copy the output in a text file and send me it.
- Write what are you trying to do;
- Write how you flash the twrp and magisk, just write what you do.

If you don't give me this infos i can't help you.
If something doesn't work, don't just complain, but try to get the problem resolved by giving all the information you have.

Tips:
If you alread have a twrp flashed you can only flash the new installer zip or the new installation method to update your TWRP (remember to flash again magisk or your system will not boot).
If you have some problems with backup, like 255 error or something similar please check this guide: https://xdaforums.com/oneplus-6/how-to/255-error-twrp-backup-restore-999-t3801632
For the Bacups use always "system_image" and "vendor_image" instead of "system" and "vendor".

Download:
India Fake Partition Deleter by mauronofrio
Official Builds

TWRP 3.4.0-10 Unified Unofficial Q by mauronofrio
TWRP 3.4.0-10 Unified Unofficial Installer by mauronofrio

TWRP 3.4.0-0 Unified Unofficial Q by mauronofrio
TWRP 3.4.0-0 Unified Unofficial Installer by mauronofrio

Reccomended ADB and Fastboot binaries:

Adb and Fastboot Installer

Source code:
https://github.com/omnirom/android_bootable_recovery
https://github.com/mauronofrio/android_device_oneplus_guacamoleb_TWRP
https://github.com/mauronofrio/android_device_oneplus_guacamole_unified_TWRP
Android Pie IMG: https://gitlab.com/HolyAngel/op7
Android Q IMG: Precompiled stock one

My Telegram TWRP Support Group:
https://t.me/twrp_Mauronofrio

Donations:

Credits:
Thanks to @HolyAngel for the kernel

Created 2019-05-23

Last edited:

joebens

May 24, 2015
Team Win Recovery Project 3.x, or twrp3 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. Its a fully touch driven user interface no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

Features:
-Seems is working

Install guide:
2. Enter fastboot mode
4. Run "fastboot boot recoveryimgfilename.img" in command line
5. Copy the recoveryimgfilename.img in the phone memory
6. Go in advanced menu
7. Click on "Install Recovery Ramdisk"

8. Choose the recoveryimgfilename.img
9. Swipe to install

Other Install guide:
2. Enter fastboot mode
4. Run "fastboot boot recoveryimgfilename.img" in command line (if you want to have it permanently you should flash the installer)
5. If you will flash the installer and you are stock you need also to flash magisk or your phone will not boot again
6. Enjoy it:)

Install guide:
Actually seems "fastboot boot twrp.img" is not working so we need to use another guide:
2. Enter fastboot mode
4. Now you should check which slot are you using with this command "fastboot getvar current-slot"
5. Now you should change the slot in use with this command "fastboot --set-active=*" you should replace with the slot is not in use, for example if you are using slot a the command will be "fastboot --set-active=b"
6. Now you should flash the twrp in the boot partion using this command "fastboot flash boot twrp.img"
7. Now reboot the device with in recovery mode scrolling the menu with the volume button and selecting "Recovery Mode" with the power button
8. First thing go in reboot menu and restore the old active slot
9. Now you can flash the installer (Actually you can do it using sideload, start sideload server from twrp advanced menu and from pc use this command "adb sideload twrpinstaller.zip")

If you are already rooted, you can skip all and directly flash the installer like a magisk module. Always remember that after you flashed the installer you will be unrooted.

Tips:
If you alread have a twrp flashed you can only flash the new installer zip or the new installation method to update your TWRP (remember to flash again magisk or your system will not boot).
If you have some problems with backup, like 255 error or something similar please check this guide: https://xdaforums.com/oneplus-6/how-to/255-error-twrp-backup-restore-999-t3801632
For the Bacups use always "system_image" and "vendor_image" instead of "system" and "vendor".

Download:
TWRP 3.3.1-2 Unofficial by mauronofrio
TWRP 3.3.1-2 Unofficial Installer by mauronofrio

Source code:
https://github.com/omnirom/android_bootable_recovery
https://github.com/mauronofrio/android_device_oneplus_guacamoleb_TWRP
https://gitlab.com/HolyAngel/op7

Donations:

Credits:
Thanks to @HolyAngel for the kernel

Created 2019-05-23

great! very useful! :good:

readysound

Jan 17, 2016
I found I could flash this version of TWRP and then flash the Magisk zip no problem. Magisk works fine. However, the Magisk uninstaller fails with "Unable to mount partitions" when trying to flash it in TWRP.

readysound

Jan 17, 2016
I can't find the stock boot.img for standard Oneplus 7 but need to uninstall magisk via TWRP. I'm currently stuck in a bootloop to TWRP recovery after an OTA update. Any advice?

readysound

Jan 17, 2016
Thanks - that sorted it after "fastboot flash boot twrp-3.3.1-1.img" on the patched slot. If you need me to test anything give me a shout. Thanks for all of your work btw!

---------- Post added at 08:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:11 PM ----------

With my 6T, selecting Uninstall / Restore Images in Magisk would work for patching OTA updates to other slot. Now I get "Stock backup does not exist" both before the OTA and after.

Last edited:

mauronofrio

Recognized Developer
Jun 29, 2012
Castellana Grotte
toolaio.tk
Thanks - that sorted it after "fastboot flash boot twrp-3.3.1-1.img" on the patched slot. If you need me to test anything give me a shout. Thanks for all of your work btw!

You should not use "fastboot flash boot " command but "fastboot boot " command. The first one will flash the twrp in the boot partition, the second one will only.boot the twrp for one time.

readysound

Jan 17, 2016
You should not use "fastboot flash boot " command but "fastboot boot " command. The first one will flash the twrp in the boot partition, the second one will only.boot the twrp for one time.

Just an update, when performing a "fastboot boot twrp-3.3.1-1.img" command in the bootloader I get the following error (and TWRP doesn't boot) :
Sending 'boot.img' (56016 KB) OKAY [ 1.787s]
Booting FAILED (remote: 'unknown command')
fastboot: error: Command failed

I'm currently trying to get slot A to boot (slot B received the OTA update and I want to revert). Switching to slot A I am having the same recovery boot loop. Flashing magisk again via ADB doesn't resolve this.

mauronofrio

Recognized Developer
Jun 29, 2012
Castellana Grotte
toolaio.tk
Just an update, when performing a "fastboot boot twrp-3.3.1-1.img" command in the bootloader I get the following error (and TWRP doesn't boot) :
Sending 'boot.img' (56016 KB) OKAY [ 1.787s]
Booting FAILED (remote: 'unknown command')
fastboot: error: Command failed

I'm currently trying to get slot A to boot (slot B received the OTA update and I want to revert). Switching to slot A I am having the same recovery boot loop. Flashing magisk again via ADB doesn't resolve this.

If fastboot.boot.command doesn't work you should use the old guide, it happened also on the op7 pro, recently they included again the fastboot boot command

icyfire

Jul 11, 2016
Bangalore
Can I boot thi recovery temporarily just to install magisk and not flash the installer so that I can keep the stock recovery?

Top Liked Posts