[BOOT ANIMATION] Custom Boot Animations For Advent Vega [Updated 21/02/11]

Search This thread

O_G

Retired Senior Moderator / Retired ET Admin
Jul 8, 2007
Hi All.

I have had some free time so i thought i would try something i have never done. While browsing a while ago i saw some bios boot animations, so i thought i would kick off with one i made for are vegas. If i get the time i will make some more. They are easy to make, just a bit time consuming making all the .pngs for the animation (there are around 75) Feel free to edit my animations, all i ask is that you post them in this thread if you want to share them. If you plan to add it to a rom please only edit the rom info and leave my details in. "Boot By Original_Ganjaman" and credit my work.

Edit: Added New vega Boot Animation

Installation:

1 - Download the Boot Animation, rename it to bootanimation.zip and copy it to your SD card.

2 - Copy the bootanimation.zip to Data/local on your device (i use root explorer)

3 - Restart your Device and enjoy the new boot animation:)

To revert to normal boot screen just delete bootanimation.zip from Data/local.

If you like this thread please click the "Thanks Button"

Attachments

• Bios_bootanimation.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 1,672
  • 00036.jpg
    00036.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 1,606
  • 00069.jpg
    00069.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 1,307
  • Vega_bootanimation.zip
    3.7 MB · Views: 1,579
  • 00013.jpg
    00013.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 980
  • 00075.jpg
    00075.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 980
Last edited:

O_G

Jul 8, 2007
The new 1.09 update has a small android picture instead of the booting text, that usually appears, and the bootloader size seems to have changed too, so I think that it is possible, but we don't know how...

Probably part of the bootloader, so not going to touch that.

O_G

Jul 8, 2007
Hope it is ok if I use it with a small change for my first Xvsion / Vega ROM.

No problem using this in your rom. Just as i said in my first post, if you have edited any .pngs please only post in this thread. Using a unmodified one is fine. (changing FPS etc is fine) I just dont want modified versions of my work being posted else where. What is the small change you have made?

Edited First post to clear up some sharing issues.

Last edited:

BeeGee_Tokyo

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 20, 2008
Paranaque
www.giesecke.tk
No problem using this in your rom. Just as i said in my first post, if you have edited any .pngs please only post in this thread. Using a unmodified one is fine. (changing FPS etc is fine) I just dont want modified versions of my work being posted else where. What is the small change you have made?

As discussed, I changed my modification, it shows now the original author of the animation.

On the published ROM I use the first 2 of the attached examples.
On my own tablet I show instead the owner information, as shown in the last 2 attached examples.

Attachments

• 00007.png
    00007.png
    16.2 KB · Views: 227
  • 00076.png
    00076.png
    2.9 KB · Views: 196
  • 00020.png
    00020.png
    17.2 KB · Views: 214
  • 00073.jpg
    00073.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 221

O_G

Jul 8, 2007
Thats fine. I have updated my first post to cater for people who want to add it to a rom.

Take it easy:)

O_G

Jul 8, 2007
i tryed to edit the boot screens
only my files get to big :S

png files get around 360kb per file

i got a nice boot order only the bootanimation file gets around 15 mb and is to big to use

any one got some ideas ?

here some examples :

How have you been creating the .pngs? I have been using photoshop cs4 and the image size is nothing like that. Even at 1024x600.

How have you been creating the .pngs? I have been using photoshop cs4 and the image size is nothing like that. Even at 1024x600.

i use photoshop cs3 and cs5 for the editing i think its the problem the gradient in my image i will try it out without gradient / effects

( png are a pain in the ass when it comes to filesize :) )

im a front end developer en i work every day with images and websites
but this image is just way too big :p

im gonna try another solution and when its fine i will post the psd here voor everybody to make there own custom..

i found the solution it was de radial gradient... without it my images are 36kb. i wil post it when im done

Last edited:

stevesilk51

Dec 31, 2010
Hi All,

Pop over to Modaco where "Wobblydoggy" has posted the honeycomb boot animation. Read the whole thread and then choose the second version.

Worked well for me, as Wobbly said a little grainy, but I like it a lot :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi All.

I have had some free time so i thought i would try something i have never done. While browsing a while ago i saw some bios boot animations, so i thought i would kick off with one i made for are vegas. If i get the time i will make some more. They are easy to make, just a bit time consuming making all the .pngs for the animation (there are around 75) Feel free to edit my animations, all i ask is that you post them in this thread if you want to share them. If you plan to add it to a rom please only edit the rom info and leave my details in. "Boot By Original_Ganjaman" and credit my work.

Edit: Added New vega Boot Animation

Installation:

1 - Download the Boot Animation, rename it to bootanimation.zip and copy it to your SD card.

2 - Copy the bootanimation.zip to Data/local on your device (i use root explorer)

3 - Restart your Device and enjoy the new boot animation:)

To revert to normal boot screen just delete bootanimation.zip from Data/local.

If you like this thread please click the "Thanks Button"
    I've just installed it already. A bit of nostalgia with the Vega prompt, I love Sega Genesis/Mega Drive since I was a child :) Thanks a lot!

So do i. So i made a new boot animation that feature's the sega like "vega" logo.

Enjoy:)