Call Recording

Search This thread

!crazy

Dec 16, 2011
LG G6
Xiaomi Poco F3
Yes it is! Well I see adequate people right away!
Can you send a log that goes on when you trying to open a new file?

The setup (to be tweaked!!) is at
/data/data/com.skvalex.callrecorder/files/live.cfg

If something goes wrong, this one to be changed first. Also, you may set the volume level there, if your/party voice is too loud

I am sorry but quoted sentence is not finished. And I was sure I did finish it... wanted to say it all works!

Now I am not sure why do you want me to send you the log file since everything works for me? But if you still need it I'll sent it to you, sure : ), no problem.

Thanks for the info about life.cfg file!

avs333

Apr 12, 2005
You should start a thread in development so more people will see and test this.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
Yes we should. Can you move the whole discussion there?

experiencing these problems.
that's it. please read _all_ the ****ing lines I wrote, you have to have the whole alsa setup before calling.

As it is, the sources are at http://avs234.net/temp/rvoix_lib/jni
The most important file, for Galaxy Nexus, is live.cfg

Last edited:

ragnarokx

Sep 1, 2010
Southwest
Yes we should. Can you move the whole discussion there?

[q]experiencing these problems.[/q]
that's it. please read _all_ the ****ing lines I wrote, you have to have the whole alsa setup before calling.

As it is, the sources are at http://avs234.net/temp/rvoix_lib/
The most important file, for Galaxy Nexus, is live.cfg

Might be better if you started a new thread so you have control over the 1st post and thread title. You could always include a link to this thread if people want to read up on progress so far.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

DHO

Jun 6, 2010
d-h-o.us
On PatientZero M1 with leankernal 3.2.1 using kernel or Also

When I try to record with .wav files, file appear on the SD without an extension. And the app does not recognize them. If I add a .wav, the app sees them, but cannot play them (neither can google music or doubletwist). These files are several MB

If I try an mp3, the file is 0 bytes.

Any thought? Thanks

Reactions: avs333

avs333

Apr 12, 2005
On PatientZero M1 with leankernal 3.2.1 using kernel or Also

When I try to record with .wav files, file appear on the SD without an extension. And the app does not recognize them. If I add a .wav, the app sees them, but cannot play them (neither can google music or doubletwist). These files are several MB

If I try an mp3, the file is 0 bytes.

Any thought? Thanks
Again, this wasn't stopped correctly.
Anything you launch after, would be a thorough crap written as an 8khz 16 bits mono yes. So you _may_ play that, but we should make it better!

Last edited:

dvirf

Jan 30, 2012
i'm not sure why it wasn't working yesterday, but the call recording is working now.
the recording doesn't affect the call quality.

when playing the recording, the voice of other side of the conversation is loud and clear. mine sounds a little bit low. i tried changing ALSA's TWL6040 Power Mode by writing High-Performance as the desired value, but when opening /data/data/com.skvalex.callrecorder/files/live.cfg the first line appears commented out, and the second (with the 'low power') isn't:
Code:
#TWL6040 Power Mode		High-Performance
TWL6040 Power Mode		Low-Power
should i switch the '#' between them?

p.s
i ticked "show dialog to keep/delete the recording after a call", and when i press the back button after finishing a call (instead of pressing keep or delete) the default action is to keep the conversation. well done!

EP2008

Jan 2, 2008
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Why would you ever need a call recorder?

Lots of reasons :

-You might be doing a phone interview and want to record the conversation for transcribing later.
- you might want to record your grandkids talking on the phone when they are just learning to talk.
- you might be calling for technical support or about a mistake on your phone bill and want to keep the conversation in case something comes up later.
- you might have a relative overseas in the army and want to keep the conversation recorded as a memory.
- you might be doing a teleseminar and want to keep the info available.

So many more reasons apart from these, but I think you get the point.

Personally, I'd love to be able to just record voice memos from my bluetooth headset,but I've found nothing which can do it on the Galaxy Nexus :-(

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

impass3093

Dec 2, 2010
So i read through this thread and it seems that we have some success on call recording on the Nexus, but can someone post a how-to set it up? Its very confusing reading through the thread on how to do it. From my understanding, its download the program (On page 8 i believe), setup up ALSA and pray?

Can someone make some easy to read steps to get this working? This jumble of information is slightly confusing

:)

!crazy

Dec 16, 2011
LG G6
Xiaomi Poco F3
So i read through this thread and it seems that we have some success on call recording on the Nexus, but can someone post a how-to set it up? Its very confusing reading through the thread on how to do it. From my understanding, its download the program (On page 8 i believe), setup up ALSA and pray?

Can someone make some easy to read steps to get this working? This jumble of information is slightly confusing

:)

Install skvalex's alsa, his app from the link provided a couple of pages behind. In preferences choose kernel or alsa (I am using kernel and it works for me) in record calls from.

Reactions: impass3093

impass3093

Dec 2, 2010
Don't know, didn't try. I am using faux's 015 u.

Well, I just made a test call. It didn't record (unless I did something stupid). I'm using franco's kernel with AOKP B31. Call Recorder was granted super user permissions before and after call, but no call recording appeared.

Can you suggest a good kernel?

EDIT: Still doesn't work at all. The notification pops up but does not record any calls. Tried with alsa as well as kernel recording. Nothing works.

Last edited:
Reactions: anakinlam95

kobik77

Jan 3, 2011
For me sometimes it's working and sometimes nothing happens at all.
* Installed AlsaMixer
* ROM AOKP B31
* Kernel faux 14

Last edited:

!crazy

Dec 16, 2011
LG G6
Xiaomi Poco F3
Well, I just made a test call. It didn't record (unless I did something stupid). I'm using franco's kernel with AOKP B31. Call Recorder was granted super user permissions before and after call, but no call recording appeared.

Can you suggest a good kernel?

EDIT: Still doesn't work at all. The notification pops up but does not record any calls. Tried with alsa as well as kernel recording. Nothing works.
But I told you which kernel I use? Check my previous post (the one you quoted).

---------- Post added at 09:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:57 PM ----------

For me sometimes it's working and sometimes nothing happens at all.
* Installed AlsaMixer
* ROM AOKP B31
* Kernel faux 14

What have you set as source to record calls from? Try 015 ultimate, that is what I use and it always works.

Reactions: o.m

o.m

Mar 15, 2012
work fine for me, so far XD

:cool:

it work fine 4me

[NIGHTLY][ROM][GSM] CyanogenMod 9
+
franco.Kernel | 135
(AlsaMixer + CallRecorder_v.1.2_for_testers_build20.apk)
love it, thank you!

avs333

Apr 12, 2005
Code:
#TWL6040 Power Mode		High-Performance
TWL6040 Power Mode		Low-Power
should i switch the '#' between them?
I'm afraid # means that the line is commented out (i.e., doesn't matter). Having this, each line is <variable><TABS><value>, where variable is the name of the control you're setting, and TABS is one or more tab (0x9) characters. So any line not conforming to this rule is silently ignored (meaning that # was just for clarity, you may write any text without <TABS> and it will be skipped). Please mind that the spaces are not trimmed, because I was too lazy to fix that, sorry...

Last edited:
Reactions: skvalex

!crazy

Dec 16, 2011
LG G6
Xiaomi Poco F3
I'm afraid # means that the line is commented out (i.e., doesn't matter). Having this, each line is <variable><TABS><value>, where variable is the name of the control you're setting, and TABS is one or more tab (0x9) characters. Please mind that the spaces are not trimmed, because I was too lazy to fix that, sorry...

He is probably wondering, why is 'TWL6040 Power Mode' not set to High-Performance in /data/data/com.skvalex.callrecorder/files/live.cfg file, since he changed the value with sklavex Alsa Mixer app. Well it is because Alsa Mixer app doesn't know nothing about Call Recorder, therefore it won't touch anything in it's directory.

avs333

Apr 12, 2005
He is probably wondering, why is 'TWL6040 Power Mode' not set to High-Performance in /data/data/com.skvalex.callrecorder/files/live.cfg file, since he changed the value with sklavex Alsa Mixer app. Well it is because Alsa Mixer app doesn't know nothing about Call Recorder, therefore it won't touch anything in it's directory.
As per TI specs, the mode is ensuring the "better sound quality" whatever it may mean... Actually, I see no difference when it is enabled or disabled.
Alsa Mixer is just a front end to the alsa driver, yes it needs to be tuned, but it works, basically...

Last edited:
Reactions: skvalex

kobik77

Jan 3, 2011
AlsaMixer and bluetooth makes together a paunfull feedback.
Uninstalling AlsaMixer fixed it but now bluetooth volume on my end is so low I can barely hear the other side.
Can anyone confirm?
Now I'm on cm plus kernel.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Well said.. yes it +is+ responsible (whoever is, then?), I meant it's a userspace issue, but the kernel is written so good that you needn't patch it.

So, skvalex made a test built, and it worked great for me. He'll upload it tomorrow. Please make sure that 2wcr works in _any_ arrangement, e.g. headphones or bluetooth (it won't be easy to fix after I return the device soon). Also mind it's a +test+ so you need /system/lib/libasound.so (if you don't have it already, it's available from the Market with skvalex's AlsaMixer).

Here is test build as avs333 promised. Alsa in experimental features must be installed. Record from kernel or ALSA should work.
    Sorry, yes I was so happy to announce the feature as to forget that:
    This kernel itself is _not_ responsible for 2wcr. I daresay, I've seen _many_ kernels, the omap4 kernel is the BEST, so:
    You don't need to rebuild anything (or, basically you don't even root the thingy), you just have to config it properly for +whatever+ you need, including 2wcr or autoanswer. So simple as that. And when you migrate to some other ROM, it does not really matter (if the ROM maker should have changed the basic code, he shouldn't).
    As of now, a couple days when skvalex releases the whole stuff, it's easy now just be patient, the problem _is solved_.

It means that he created 2wcr patch for Galaxy Nexus.. And it should works with a stock kernel, only root will be needed. So CallRecorder will support Galaxy Nexus soon.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2
    Yes. I did it yesterday.
    It works OK, both calls from the line, yes
    Never mind the kernel
    At nexus, it was the
    Here's a website to show the legality of recording conversations. It goes on a state by state basis. I live in California and it is illegal unless you have BOTH parties consent.

It is a crime in California to intercept or eavesdrop upon any confidential communication, including a telephone call or wire communication, without the consent of all parties. Cal. Penal Code §§ 631, 632. It is also a crime to disclose information obtained from eavesdropping. However, an individual can still be convicted without disclosing information. Two appellate courts have held that there is no disclosure or publication requirement for violation of the Privacy Act by recording confidential communications without consent. Coulter v. Bank of America, 28 Cal. App. 4th 923 (Cal. Ct. App. 1994). Marich v. MGM/UA Telecommunications, Inc., 113 Cal. App. 4th 415 (Cal. Ct. App. 2003).

http://www.rcfp.org/can-we-tape

FYI: I don't necessarily agree with this law, but that's just how to is. Just want you guys to be careful

P.S. California penalty, a first offense of eavesdropping is punishable by a fine of up to and imprisonment for no more than one year. Subsequent offenses carry a maximum fine of and jail sentence of up to one year. Intercepting, recording, and disclosing information each carries a separate penalty.

Please do remember that there are other countries than the US...
    Law changes between countries, just like it changes between states in the US.
    Besides, it's illegal to drive beyond 70 mph on most US rural roads, but still cars are not intentionally crippled to this speed, right?
    So please stop this irritating righteousness.