Nov 28, 2010
Christchurch
www.winters.org.nz
Last edited:

dustrho

Sep 21, 2009
Oswego, IL
twitter.com
I'll have to give this a try as well, as I've had no luck connecting my gnex to Windows XP, Windows 7, Ubuntu or Linux Mint. I'll be trying it out today on Ubuntu 12.10, and will report back later. Fingers crossed!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Dri94

Oct 9, 2011
Florida
I'll have to give this a try as well, as I've had no luck connecting my gnex to Windows XP, Windows 7, Ubuntu or Linux Mint. I'll be trying it out today on Ubuntu 12.10, and will report back later. Fingers crossed!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

It automatically works in windows

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

zac68

Jun 22, 2007
Perth, WA
This method works great on Ubuntu 12.04.
Works for me in Windows XP and Windows 7 as long as I turn off USB Debugging

techie.raj

Dec 23, 2010
Bangalore
I got ubuntu working with MTP on my Galaxy Nexus (and A500) using instructions for the Nexus 7. I have documented these at my website.

http://www.winters.org.nz/android-apps/working-mtp-on-ubuntu

This setup is the only one I have managed to get working, I am using Ubuntu 12.10, and it should work for earlier versions.

:)

First of all thanks a lot for solving this long pending issue.

Everything worked for me mounting, data transfer through MTP, but while unmounting I am getting an error saying that "umount: /media/Nexus mount disagrees with the fstab"

I am using Ubuntu 12.04, Nexus 4.1.2

Last edited:

kiwi_mat

Nov 28, 2010
Christchurch
www.winters.org.nz

Everything worked for me mounting, data transfer through MTP, but while unmounting I am getting an error saying that "umount: /media/Nexus mount disagrees with the fstab"

when the nexus is connected issue the mount command in a terminal, you should see something like..
Code:
DeviceFs(Galaxy Nexu on /media/GalaxyNexus type fuse.DeviceFs(Galaxy Nexu (rw,nosuid,nodev,allow_other,user=username)

its possable your device name is different, so check the fstab line,
Code:
DeviceFs(Galaxy\040Nexu)    /media/GalaxyNexus    fuse.DeviceFs(Galaxy\040Nexu)    allow_other,rw,user,noauto    0    0

the DeviceFS (both) must match above except the space in the mount listing has to be replaced with \040 as space is the field separator in fstab..

Reactions: techie.raj

zac68

Jun 22, 2007
Perth, WA
Does USB Debugging have to be turned off in order for this to work in XP and 7? I haven't tried that before, so that's something else I'll have to try.

In XP I have to do it. Windows 7 with Service Pack 1, from memory might not of be as fussy. I could be wrong though. I use Ubuntu these days.

frippad

Jul 19, 2012
Am I misssing something here? It connects automatically with my Ubuntu 12.10 without having to configure anything. It does not in fastboot state though.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

PanzerGeist

Feb 9, 2010
Seattle, WA
Sucks... between myself and my room mate, we've tried this on three different systems (lubuntu, xubuntu, ubuntu - 12.10 in each case) and had no luck with it. Neither with the Nexus 7 or the G Nex.

gnustomp

Nov 1, 2012
Works perfectly -- EXCEPT when multiple devices are connected. Is it possible to make go-mtpfs recognise the devices and mount them correctly? Right now when there are multiple devices it just gives up.

techie.raj

Dec 23, 2010
Bangalore
when the nexus is connected issue the mount command in a terminal, you should see something like..
Code:
DeviceFs(Galaxy Nexu on /media/GalaxyNexus type fuse.DeviceFs(Galaxy Nexu (rw,nosuid,nodev,allow_other,user=username)

Code:
DeviceFs(Galaxy\040Nexu)    /media/GalaxyNexus    fuse.DeviceFs(Galaxy\040Nexu)    allow_other,rw,user,noauto    0    0

the DeviceFS (both) must match above except the space in the mount listing has to be replaced with \040 as space is the field separator in fstab..

Hi Thanks for your reply. Sorry for the delay in replying....

Your suggestion couldn't solve my problem.

My fstab entry is as follows
DeviceFs(Galaxy\040Nexu) /media/Nexus/ fuse.DeviceFs(Galaxy\040Nexu) allow_other,rw,user,noauto 0 0

and the mount command that I executed are (command and corresponding output are )

DeviceFs(Galaxy Nexu on /media/Nexus type fuse.DeviceFs(Galaxy Nexu (rw,nosuid,nodev,allow_other,user=raj)
bash: syntax error near unexpected token `Galaxy'

Second attempt

DeviceFs(Galaxy\040Nexu on /media/Nexus type fuse.DeviceFs(Galaxy\040Nexu (rw,nosuid,nodev,allow_other,user=raj)
bash: syntax error near unexpected token `Galaxy\040Nexu'

Could you understand where the problem lies.

Am I doing any thing wrong....

Thanks a lot for your efforts...

Last edited:

emmerich1234

Aug 10, 2012
Error in /etc/fstab

1st: thanks for your work doing it for all

2nd: I use an Acer Iconia Tab A501 running Android 4.xy

I followed the instruction. I did the following line in my /etc/fstab

DeviceFs(A501) /media/A501 fuse.DeviceFs(A501) allow_other,rw,user,noauto 0 0

-----------> it comes an error message "/bin/sh: 1: DeviceFs(A501): not found"

(The id_modell=Acer_Iconia_Tab_A501. I tried, but the same error.)

------- snip ---(28.12.2012-thk)------> usb-devices:
T: Bus=01 Lev=01 Prnt=01 Port=02 Cnt=01 Dev#= 14 Spd=480 MxCh= 0
D: Ver= 2.00 Cls=00(>ifc ) Sub=00 Prot=00 MxPS=64 #Cfgs= 1
P: Vendor=0502 ProdID=3345 Rev=99.99
S: Manufacturer=Acer
S: Product=Acer Iconia Tab A501
S: SerialNumber=1234567890
C: #Ifs= 1 Cfg#= 1 Atr=c0 MxPwr=100mA
I: If#= 0 Alt= 0 #EPs= 3 Cls=ff(vend.) Sub=ff Prot=00 Driver=usbfs
------- snap ---------

Where is my fault?

Last edited:

emmerich1234

Aug 10, 2012
Next step

1st: thanks for your work doing it for all

2nd: I use an Acer Iconia Tab A501 running Android 4.xy

I followed the instruction. I did the following line in my /etc/fstab

DeviceFs(A501) /media/A501 fuse.DeviceFs(A501) allow_other,rw,user,noauto 0 0

-----------> it comes an error message "/bin/sh: 1: DeviceFs(A501): not found"

(The id_modell=Acer_Iconia_Tab_A501. I tried, but the same error.)

------- snip ---(28.12.2012-thk)------> usb-devices:
T: Bus=01 Lev=01 Prnt=01 Port=02 Cnt=01 Dev#= 14 Spd=480 MxCh= 0
D: Ver= 2.00 Cls=00(>ifc ) Sub=00 Prot=00 MxPS=64 #Cfgs= 1
P: Vendor=0502 ProdID=3345 Rev=99.99
S: Manufacturer=Acer
S: Product=Acer Iconia Tab A501
S: SerialNumber=1234567890
C: #Ifs= 1 Cfg#= 1 Atr=c0 MxPwr=100mA
I: If#= 0 Alt= 0 #EPs= 3 Cls=ff(vend.) Sub=ff Prot=00 Driver=usbfs
------- snap ---------

Where is my fault?

Try to understand the source code (go langualge) and may be append the A501?

tiny4579

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 15, 2011
Has anyone had an issue accessing it?

Could not display "/media/GalaxyNexus".

Error: Error when getting information for file '/media/GalaxyNexus': Transport endpoint is not connected
Please select another viewer and try again.

I know the udev configuration looks fine and adb works fine and it tries to mount the device for MTP but I get the above error. I'm not using Ubuntu but my go-mtps install has been updated on git and I have the latest version of fuse and followed the instructions.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I got ubuntu working with MTP on my Galaxy Nexus (and A500) using instructions for the Nexus 7. I have documented these at my website.

http://www.winters.org.nz/android-hints-tips-stuff/working-mtp-on-ubuntu

This setup is the only one I have managed to get working, I am using Ubuntu 12.10, and it should work for earlier versions.

:)
    For Unity & KDE users, this might be a worthwhile attempt, works for me on KDE. Even quicklists in the icon-only task manager...

http://www.webupd8.org/2012/12/how-to-mount-android-40-ubuntu-go-mtpfs.html

Code:

Code:

Thread Closed:
    All discussion of Ubuntu Touch is being moved here >> http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2161577
    Keeps the Galaxy Nexus forum from being filled with a bunch of Ubuntu threads!

EDIT:

Reopen! I didn't realize this thread was related to Ubuntu Desktop. Sorry! :(