Third party batteries?

Search This thread

Michael_P

Jun 3, 2012
Anyone recommend any good standard size batteries with the same or better capacity than genuine?

Michael_P

Jun 3, 2012
i ordered this one http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00JB5OGWS/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 it shipped today i'll post results once i receive :good:

You could never fit a 4300mah cell into a standard S5 sized battery... And I've learned that the more the battery exaggerates the worse the quality and capacity actually is, So if I was you I wouldn't risk damaging your spanking new S5 with a cheap Chinese battery that could damage your phone.
And that's why I'm looking for a reputable brand like Anker, which I would get except they don't make S5 batteries.

Hellscythe

Sep 8, 2012
straya kienttt
You could never fit a 4300mah cell into a standard S5 sized battery... And I've learned that the more the battery exaggerates the worse the quality and capacity actually is, So if I was you I wouldn't risk damaging your spanking new S5 with a cheap Chinese battery that could damage your phone.
And that's why I'm looking for a reputable brand like Anker, which I would get except they don't make S5 batteries.

How come he has gotten significantly better battery life then? It is also very possible because Lenovo managed to fit a 4000mah battery into one of their devices. If the battery were to be physically larger, then some sh1t would have to be done to the internals to save space. If I recall correctly he got 6hours + screen time and still had 40 percent left. Also it's cheap because their profit margins aren't as large as samsung, where they charge like 40 dollars for a standard size battery. If you also search MPJ batteries you will also see that they have gotten positive outcomes. Don't be so blinded by high price and a more "well known" company.

Last edited:

Michael_P

Jun 3, 2012
Sorry but it is just physically impossible to fit a 50% bigger cell into a battery shell that Samsung already kept as small as possible to keep the phone small, So maybe at a stretch someone could fit a 3000mah cell in, but any more than that and you need a double battery with new back cover to fit.

Reactions: bervin

John822

Dec 3, 2011
Westlake
I had an extra battery for my S2(amazon), but my S5 has great battery life, so I don't think I need it
Watch out for cheap external chargers, It killed my batteries for my S2 way too soon.

Last edited:

bervin

Nov 22, 2009
media.xda-developers.com
How come he has gotten significantly better battery life then? It is also very possible because Lenovo managed to fit a 4000mah battery into one of their devices. If the battery were to be physically larger, then some sh1t would have to be done to the internals to save space. If I recall correctly he got 6hours + screen time and still had 40 percent left. Also it's cheap because their profit margins aren't as large as samsung, where they charge like 40 dollars for a standard size battery. If you also search MPJ batteries you will also see that they have gotten positive outcomes. Don't be so blinded by high price and a more "well known" company.

You are so ignorant with absolutely no technical know how. Please go to AndroidCentral and **** there. Don't expect to come here and be taught everything

---------- Post added at 11:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:08 PM ----------

Anyone recommend any good standard size batteries with the same or better capacity than genuine?

Go for ZEROLEMON! no doubt ever

Hellscythe

Sep 8, 2012
straya kienttt
You are so ignorant with absolutely no technical know how. Please go to AndroidCentral and **** there. Don't expect to come here and be taught everything

---------- Post added at 11:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:08 PM ----------

Go for ZEROLEMON! no doubt ever

Nope. If someone with a 4300mah battery achieves more battery life than stock battery, it means it has a higher capacity, is there something you don't understand?

heffe2001

Jun 9, 2010
I think what he's saying is, there's no way to squeeze 4300mah into the space a 2800mah battery occupies, there's just physically not enough room for that much capacity in that small a space. While it may indeed have a larger capacity than the OEM battery, I'm also of the opinion that it's nowhere near 4300mah.

Also, read the reviews on that battery since it was originally posted, gets 2 stars out of 5 now, mostly due to capacity complaints.

eatonjb

Mar 5, 2006
I'll assume that you might be able to get a few more mAh out of a battery if you possibly remove the NFC chip from the battery to add a tad more size to it. How much really, not much I will assume.

also, getting more time out of a battery could have to do with the Kernel learning more about you and itself, etc. etc.

there are SOOOOO many factors to battery life, that really the only way to do it is on a bench with a real tester.

Elite49

Jul 5, 2011
I just want a 4300 Mah battery, or a bigger one than stock that is legit that adds a little bit of bulk but not some absurd level like 6000+.

Heavy Metal

Nov 22, 2011
How about one like the 4300 or even a 5600, but same size as stock now I would like that, we're I can keep same case ect...

SAMSUNG-SM-G900A, with 128gb SD & Rooted.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Sorry but it is just physically impossible to fit a 50% bigger cell into a battery shell that Samsung already kept as small as possible to keep the phone small, So maybe at a stretch someone could fit a 3000mah cell in, but any more than that and you need a double battery with new back cover to fit.