[APP] Swipe Navigation - Navigation bar replacement

Search This thread

Splder

Jun 26, 2009
Istanbul
SWIPE NAVIGATION

ABOUT
Swipe Navigation allows you to execute actions by simple swiping from the edge of your screen, a bit like pie controls but without any ui elements which makes it a lot faster and easier to navigate. Swipe Navigation also has a dock that supports a unlimited amount of actions

DOWNLOADS
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.suphi.swipenavigation

SCREENSHOTS

Attachments

• SwipeNavigationLayer.apk
    3.7 KB · Views: 1,665
Last edited:

Splder

Jun 26, 2009
Istanbul
HELP

HOW DO I HIDE MY NAVIGATION BAR
The best way to hide your navigation bar is with your ROM settings but if your ROM does not support this you can used a Xposed module or you can add qemu.hw.mainkeys=1 to your system/build.prop file.
Here is a video on how to edit you build.prop file VIDEO GUIDE

SYSTEMUI CRASHES WHEN I LAUNCH GOOGLE NOW ON TAP
This is a bug with android and google has been notified of this problem. https://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=193391
The reason this happens is when you hide your navigation bar with qemu.hw.mainkeys=1 the animation crashes when trying to launch google now on tap.
Luckily there is a hack to get it working, what you will need to do is force the animation to play without using google now on tap and there are a few ways to do this.
If you turn on "OK GOOGLE" detection from any screen or if you use nova launcher/apex launcher/etc... go into settings and turn on "OK GOOGLE" voice activation
then say "OK GOOGLE" and the animation will play, a white border around the edge of your screen.
Once the animation has played google now on tap will start to work.
Warning if you reboot your phone you will need to say "OK GOOGLE" again.

SWIPE NAVIGATION IS NOT WORKING
Screen DPI set to low
One person reported that when they set there DPI from 320 to 260 swipe navigation would not work correctly
SuperSU out dated
Don't forget that SuperSU is still in beta for marshmallow so make sure your up to date
SELinux not allowing Swipe Navigation to inject Events
I'm still not 100% sure why some people are experiencing this problem maybe when SuperSU goes stable for marshmallow this will be fixed but for now here are a few checks you can do:
In advanced settings test other SU contexts
Make sure SuperSu/ROM/Kernel are all up to date
Make sure your ramdisk has been patched correctly modified boot.img by Chainfire
if all fails download SELinuxModeChanger and set your SELinux to permissive If you don't want to set your SELinux to permissive you could downgrade to version 3.0.3 or use without root version

MORE HELP
If you still need help feel free to email me at suphi.kaner.developer@gmail.com or post in this thread and ill try my best to help

Last edited:

Splder

Jun 26, 2009
Istanbul
APPS THAT WORK GRATE WITH SWIPE NAVIGATION If you have any app recommendations feel free to tell me

FREE
Smart Wifi Switch - quickly switch to your closes WiFi access point

PAID
Tasker - make a task with 200+ actions supported and with Swipe Navigation set a shortcut to that task

XPOSED
GravityBox - you can use GravityBox To enable expanded desktop to hide your navigation bar or set navigation bar height to 0 dont use the disabled navigation bar option it will break google now on tap

Last edited:

gordito_gr

Nov 7, 2010
I just bught this app for support, good work mate.

I was using free, so here are my impressions/requests:

1) Different color for basic gesture actions (left,center, right, left edge, right edge)
2) Dock settings is a cluttered chaos, no need for so many options. What i would like to see is option for folders or something similar.
Also a 'set to default' option would be nice for values.

Splder

Jun 26, 2009
Istanbul
I just bught this app for support, good work mate.

I was using free, so here are my impressions/requests:

1) Different color for basic gesture actions (left,center, right, left edge, right edge)
2) Dock settings is a cluttered chaos, no need for so many options. What i would like to see is option for folders or something similar.
Also a 'set to default' option would be nice for values.

i was thinking about adding glowing for different swipes so you can see what one your doing

dock settings well yes its a bit cluttered but i need that many settings :p if you press the floating button there are some presets you can use
(use a preset as a starting point or just use the way a preset is and pretend there are no settings)

folders would need a full rewrite on how the dock works but i don't want to do that i may make a extension for that you would have to download separately and would work with all other apps

dock has default but settings does not i was thinking about adding some presets for the other settings as well like the dock settings:)

gordito_gr

Nov 7, 2010
I was thinking different colors in the bottom bar, for every 'area'
Also, there could be a ' set to default' option in every setting, next to 'cancel' and 'ok'

One other thing that could be configurable, is swipe distance on dock. If i wanna reach apps, there is a lot of distance.

Keep up the good work.

Splder

Jun 26, 2009
Istanbul
I was thinking different colors in the bottom bar, for every 'area'
Also, there could be a ' set to default' option in every setting, next to 'cancel' and 'ok'

One other thing that could be configurable, is swipe distance on dock. If i wanna reach apps, there is a lot of distance.

Keep up the good work.

That would require to many color settings

Default for every setting i could do that ill look into it

Ill look into that as well for now you could change side the the narrow side of your phone

wyt18

Great app! Was looking for something like this but the swipe back xposed module was never consistent enough ...

some suggestions:

1. the home button is actually what i use the least, there is an option to change the size of the left and right most swipe areas, but can there also be an option to change the size of the center (home) swipe area? this will avoid the "back" and "recent apps" swipe areas being too small when the "search" and "menu" swipe areas are expanded

2. is it possible to add chrome actions (back/forward, next/previous tab, etc.) into the custom action list? it appears possible since the chromepie xposed modules and gesture navigation app have these shortcuts ... that would make chrome navigation a lot more user-friendly

Splder

Jun 26, 2009
Istanbul
Great app! Was looking for something like this but the swipe back xposed module was never consistent enough ...

some suggestions:

1. the home button is actually what i use the least, there is an option to change the size of the left and right most swipe areas, but can there also be an option to change the size of the center (home) swipe area? this will avoid the "back" and "recent apps" swipe areas being too small when the "search" and "menu" swipe areas are expanded

2. is it possible to add chrome actions (back/forward, next/previous tab, etc.) into the custom action list? it appears possible since the chromepie xposed modules and gesture navigation app have these shortcuts ... that would make chrome navigation a lot more user-friendly

There is currently no way to resize the home button

Back would be just the normal back action
If you go into actions at the bottom is more... Within more is forward
Switching tabs i was not able the find the keycode in the list that does that but
Here is something built into chrome you may not of known about
If you slide your finger across the top url bar it will switch across tabs

But i think this does not work if you have your tabs in recents if you have your tabs in recents then you could use switch to previous app the switch between your last 2 tabs apart from that i dont know

Reactions: wyt18

wyt18

There is currently no way to resize the home button

Back would be just the normal back action
If you go into actions at the bottom is more... Within more is forward
Switching tabs i was not able the find the keycode in the list that does that but
Here is something built into chrome you may not of known about
If you slide your finger across the top url bar it will switch across tabs

But i think this does not work if you have your tabs in recents if you have your tabs in recents then you could use switch to previous app the switch between your last 2 tabs apart from that i dont know

yes, i know about the gesture to swipe tabs in chrome. however it's not that useful a gesture when using the phone one-handed unless you have extra long fingers ...

i tried hard to find the keycode to swipe tabs in chrome too ... even connected to a bt keyboard to see if i could find it. but it's definitely possible since chromepie can do it, maybe it is a combination of keycodes simultaneously?

anyway, great app! got through my first day using it instead of the navbar and it feels very intuitive already

Splder

Jun 26, 2009
Istanbul
yes, i know about the gesture to swipe tabs in chrome. however it's not that useful a gesture when using the phone one-handed unless you have extra long fingers ...

i tried hard to find the keycode to swipe tabs in chrome too ... even connected to a bt keyboard to see if i could find it. but it's definitely possible since chromepie can do it, maybe it is a combination of keycodes simultaneously?

anyway, great app! got through my first day using it instead of the navbar and it feels very intuitive already

I would not know how to do it maybe it can only be done with xposed i quit using chrome im now using lightning browser nice light open source browser

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    SWIPE NAVIGATION

ABOUT
    Swipe Navigation allows you to execute actions by simple swiping from the edge of your screen, a bit like pie controls but without any ui elements which makes it a lot faster and easier to navigate. Swipe Navigation also has a dock that supports a unlimited amount of actions

DOWNLOADS
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.suphi.swipenavigation

SCREENSHOTS
    HELP

HOW DO I HIDE MY NAVIGATION BAR
    The best way to hide your navigation bar is with your ROM settings but if your ROM does not support this you can used a Xposed module or you can add qemu.hw.mainkeys=1 to your system/build.prop file.
    Here is a video on how to edit you build.prop file VIDEO GUIDE

SYSTEMUI CRASHES WHEN I LAUNCH GOOGLE NOW ON TAP
    This is a bug with android and google has been notified of this problem. https://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=193391
    The reason this happens is when you hide your navigation bar with qemu.hw.mainkeys=1 the animation crashes when trying to launch google now on tap.
    Luckily there is a hack to get it working, what you will need to do is force the animation to play without using google now on tap and there are a few ways to do this.
    If you turn on "OK GOOGLE" detection from any screen or if you use nova launcher/apex launcher/etc... go into settings and turn on "OK GOOGLE" voice activation
    then say "OK GOOGLE" and the animation will play, a white border around the edge of your screen.
    Once the animation has played google now on tap will start to work.
    Warning if you reboot your phone you will need to say "OK GOOGLE" again.

SWIPE NAVIGATION IS NOT WORKING
    Screen DPI set to low
    One person reported that when they set there DPI from 320 to 260 swipe navigation would not work correctly
    SuperSU out dated
    Don't forget that SuperSU is still in beta for marshmallow so make sure your up to date
    SELinux not allowing Swipe Navigation to inject Events
    I'm still not 100% sure why some people are experiencing this problem maybe when SuperSU goes stable for marshmallow this will be fixed but for now here are a few checks you can do:
    In advanced settings test other SU contexts
    Make sure SuperSu/ROM/Kernel are all up to date
    Make sure your ramdisk has been patched correctly modified boot.img by Chainfire
    if all fails download SELinuxModeChanger and set your SELinux to permissive If you don't want to set your SELinux to permissive you could downgrade to version 3.0.3 or use without root version

MORE HELP
    If you still need help feel free to email me at suphi.kaner.developer@gmail.com or post in this thread and ill try my best to help
    MEDIA Thank you for sharing Swipe Navigation

VERSION 4
    No videos found

VERSION 3

VERSION 2

VERSION 1
    No videos found
    APPS THAT WORK GRATE WITH SWIPE NAVIGATION If you have any app recommendations feel free to tell me

FREE
    Smart Wifi Switch - quickly switch to your closes WiFi access point

PAID
    Tasker - make a task with 200+ actions supported and with Swipe Navigation set a shortcut to that task

XPOSED
    GravityBox - you can use GravityBox To enable expanded desktop to hide your navigation bar or set navigation bar height to 0 dont use the disabled navigation bar option it will break google now on tap
    Is this better than All in one Gestures?

Well i made the app so i would say yes :p but you would need to try it for your self so you can decide what you like better