[ROM][Team Nocturnal] Stock EVO4G TN Edition Now W/CRT animations 11/23/2011

Search This thread

gruesomewolf

Jan 30, 2011
Mocksville, NC

Stock.jpg

Team-Nocturnal Stock.....Now with CRT Animations and Tweaks!

The Goods
Code:
[COLOR="#0000cd"]-Base- Updated to 4.54
-Custom 5Row Semi-Transparent App drawer Rosie (Thanks Tommy T for all your rosie tuts.)
-Build.prop tweaks for speed, battery, and overall better performance.
-Custom Semi-Transparent dropdown Changed the notification backround so its easier to read- (10/15/11)
-Wireless Tether and hotspot unlocked
-Updated Super User, and bin so you wont get that annoying notification telling you its out of date.
-HD Netflix (Note dont upgrade if you want to keep the high def. capability's.
-DSP Manager (Thanks CM Team)
-All removed apps put in Team-Nocturnal folder on sd card for easy install.
-busybox run parts support-
-init.d support- w/custom nocturnal init.d scripts-
-data app/local support- Custom Team-Nocturnal Boot
-zipalign on boot
-mms max limit 5mb by default-
-dalvick heap set to 48mb by default-
-4in1 reboot mod-
-Enabled Screen Capture-
-Updated Google Apps-[/COLOR]

Whats not working
Code:
[COLOR="#0000cd"]Nothing[/COLOR]

Things to do
Code:
[COLOR="#0000cd"]-Odex
-You tell me, Im open for suggestions.
-Opt the .apks even more/ run them through a .png optimizer
[/COLOR]

Changelog

Code:
[COLOR="#0000EE"]-Added the sounds to the Team-Nocturnal folder on sdcard for people that want to keep them, or if you dont want them you can easily delete them.
-Dialer is fixed for sure this time
-Cleaned up some things that I noticed were forgot or left out of .03
-CRT Animations Added (Updated....no more random reboots!)
-All Language Packs Removed
-Opted all smali (this took me forever)
-Themed Slightly.
-New Wallpapers 
-Got rid of most of the sounds and other useless stuff
-Added Juwes Ram Tweaks (Thanks Juwe)
-Removed the USB Debugging Notification from the taskbar
-Fixed the status bar to show true data 1x or 3G
-Added 0 compress MMS
-Adjusted sdcard read beuffer to 512
-Unlocked hidden settings in Browser
-Dissabled signature verification (Thanks Tommy)
-Added ICS MArket
-Added Google Music (moved MIUI Music to sdcard for easy install)
-Updated Google Voice Search
-Updated ES File Explorer
-Changed the look of the Clock (Looks Cleaner)
-Fixed the numbers being off to left while making a phone call
-Added the HtcMusic app and widget back per request of users.
-Added "Tweaks" (thanks to RomanBB for original source code)- Not all the tweaks features work, so this is a W.I.P.
So what is working?
All the features for the clock including changing the color, hide the clock, hide am/pm, and just added center the clock option
The battery features such as color and showing % text. You can also set the color of the % to change according to percentage.
Also I have the CRT on/off animations working. So you can choose to have them or not.
All this is an effort bye us to bring as many options to you, the user, as possibile. Enjoy
[/COLOR]

Changelog for RLS.05

Code:
[COLOR="#0000EE"]-Updated all Google apps....Including market to latest 3.3.12
-Added ICS Animations
-Cleaned out more language packs that were somehow skiped in .04
-Added Volume Rocker Mod (Change tracks when screen is off by longpressing Volume bar up or down.
Note: Short pressing the volume bar will still change the volume.) -Not sure who the original maker of this mod is....But Thanks to you.
Any dev who would like to include this in there ROM feel free to decompile my android.policy.jar.
-Added animations to framework (sync animations, and upload/download animations.)
[/COLOR]

Download Team-Nocturnal Stock RLS.05
MD5 02f696a0667b311a7b24b2bcba84023d

Public Service Announcement
-For anybody who wants to learn about ROM development go here

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=15623817#post15623817

That is a link to Tommys Tool......I would not build a ROM without it. Everything you need to do all the mods found in this ROM and just about any ROM you will find in this tool.​

Team_Nocturnal.png

Last edited:

jaredthegreat

Jul 22, 2011
Tilton, NH
You guys rock! Keeping the EVO alive and kicking from all aspects! :) great job, and much respect!

Sent from my PC36100 using xda premium

gruesomewolf

Jan 30, 2011
Mocksville, NC
thank u very much gruesomewolf ....

and to let others know.. its a deodex rom...

works great.....

Thanks man.....enjoy. I have been working on ports for so long, I forgot how fast that out of the box feeling could be!!! And its gonna get a little faster after I finish the framework and strip out some more language packs.

ejaye

Jul 9, 2011
Loving this rom. Only thing that I see wrong is when I use wireless tethering I can only get internet access using 4g. Is anyone else having this problem?

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App

ruckstande

May 28, 2008
Coming from Myn's Synergy, do I have to reformat my SD since it is current partitioned for A2SD?

schollianmj

Feb 27, 2009
Loving this rom. Only thing that I see wrong is when I use wireless tethering I can only get internet access using 4g. Is anyone else having this problem?

For me with Wireless tether on a 3g connection i could NOT connect my tablet or laptop. It just stuck at "Obtaining IP Address". Thankfully the Sprint HotSpot works. Used that a bit this last weekend.

Rom is fast as hell and stable also. loving it!

wryun

Mar 29, 2008
SLC, UT
Will other battery mods work on this ROM? I am not really stoked on the battery circles.
Also, I would like a way to change the blue scroll bar and blue over-scroll effect colors.

On another note, I like how light weight this ROM is. About 90% of bloatware is removed, it performs great, it's snappy and smooth. I have been looking for a good stable Sense ROM that I can use with LauncherPro+ and that also has a black status bar mod.

Thanks!

Last edited:

mntbkr

Jun 18, 2010
Central FL
Have you tried uot.dakra.lt/ you can use it to create your own theme, on your case you can change the battery sand overactive effect color.

Will other battery mods work on this ROM? I am not really stoked on the battery circles.
Also, I would like a way to change the blue scroll bar and blue over-scroll effect colors.

On another note, I like how light weight this ROM is. About 90% of bloatware is removed, it performs great, it's snappy and smooth. I have been looking for a good stable Sense ROM that I can use with LauncherPro+ and that also has a black status bar mod.

Thanks!

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using xda premium

Reactions: wryun

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Stock.jpg

Team-Nocturnal Stock.....Now with CRT Animations and Tweaks!

The Goods
    Code:
    [COLOR="#0000cd"]-Base- Updated to 4.54
    -Custom 5Row Semi-Transparent App drawer Rosie (Thanks Tommy T for all your rosie tuts.)
    -Build.prop tweaks for speed, battery, and overall better performance.
    -Custom Semi-Transparent dropdown Changed the notification backround so its easier to read- (10/15/11)
    -Wireless Tether and hotspot unlocked
    -Updated Super User, and bin so you wont get that annoying notification telling you its out of date.
    -HD Netflix (Note dont upgrade if you want to keep the high def. capability's.
    -DSP Manager (Thanks CM Team)
    -All removed apps put in Team-Nocturnal folder on sd card for easy install.
    -busybox run parts support-
    -init.d support- w/custom nocturnal init.d scripts-
    -data app/local support- Custom Team-Nocturnal Boot
    -zipalign on boot
    -mms max limit 5mb by default-
    -dalvick heap set to 48mb by default-
    -4in1 reboot mod-
    -Enabled Screen Capture-
    -Updated Google Apps-[/COLOR]

Whats not working
    Code:
    [COLOR="#0000cd"]Nothing[/COLOR]

Things to do
    Code:
    [COLOR="#0000cd"]-Odex
    -You tell me, Im open for suggestions.
    -Opt the .apks even more/ run them through a .png optimizer
    [/COLOR]

Changelog

Code:
    [COLOR="#0000EE"]-Added the sounds to the Team-Nocturnal folder on sdcard for people that want to keep them, or if you dont want them you can easily delete them.
    -Dialer is fixed for sure this time
    -Cleaned up some things that I noticed were forgot or left out of .03
    -CRT Animations Added (Updated....no more random reboots!)
    -All Language Packs Removed
    -Opted all smali (this took me forever)
    -Themed Slightly.
    -New Wallpapers 
    -Got rid of most of the sounds and other useless stuff
    -Added Juwes Ram Tweaks (Thanks Juwe)
    -Removed the USB Debugging Notification from the taskbar
    -Fixed the status bar to show true data 1x or 3G
    -Added 0 compress MMS
    -Adjusted sdcard read beuffer to 512
    -Unlocked hidden settings in Browser
    -Dissabled signature verification (Thanks Tommy)
    -Added ICS MArket
    -Added Google Music (moved MIUI Music to sdcard for easy install)
    -Updated Google Voice Search
    -Updated ES File Explorer
    -Changed the look of the Clock (Looks Cleaner)
    -Fixed the numbers being off to left while making a phone call
    -Added the HtcMusic app and widget back per request of users.
    -Added "Tweaks" (thanks to RomanBB for original source code)- Not all the tweaks features work, so this is a W.I.P.
    So what is working?
    All the features for the clock including changing the color, hide the clock, hide am/pm, and just added center the clock option
    The battery features such as color and showing % text. You can also set the color of the % to change according to percentage.
    Also I have the CRT on/off animations working. So you can choose to have them or not.
    All this is an effort bye us to bring as many options to you, the user, as possibile. Enjoy
    [/COLOR]

Changelog for RLS.05

Code:
    [COLOR="#0000EE"]-Updated all Google apps....Including market to latest 3.3.12
    -Added ICS Animations
    -Cleaned out more language packs that were somehow skiped in .04
    -Added Volume Rocker Mod (Change tracks when screen is off by longpressing Volume bar up or down.
    Note: Short pressing the volume bar will still change the volume.) -Not sure who the original maker of this mod is....But Thanks to you.
    Any dev who would like to include this in there ROM feel free to decompile my android.policy.jar.
    -Added animations to framework (sync animations, and upload/download animations.)
    [/COLOR]

Download Team-Nocturnal Stock RLS.05
    MD5 02f696a0667b311a7b24b2bcba84023d

Public Service Announcement
    -For anybody who wants to learn about ROM development go here

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=15623817#post15623817

That is a link to Tommys Tool......I would not build a ROM without it. Everything you need to do all the mods found in this ROM and just about any ROM you will find in this tool.​

Team_Nocturnal.png

thank u very much gruesomewolf ....

and to let others know.. its a deodex rom...

works great.....

Thanks man.....enjoy. I have been working on ports for so long, I forgot how fast that out of the box feeling could be!!! And its gonna get a little faster after I finish the framework and strip out some more language packs.
    Searching the mikmik.com having no luck yet finding it. Will try more tomorrow. Thanks Gruesomwolf for your great roms, as well as team Nocturnal!

Give me a sec.... I will find it
    Found it right here on xda

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=14490556

---------- Post added at 01:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:36 AM ----------

Give me a sec.... I will find it
    Found it right here on xda

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=14490556

Hhhhmmm nothing but good stuff said, and my thread has a 1 star rating, thats just wrong :D
    Spoiler alert:

2011-10-22_03-53-55.jpg

Now I know tommy beat me to this, but this one is a little different. I have already added the ability to toggle crt animations on or off, as well as all the clock options, and battery options. Adding a couple more things before release. Hopefully tommy will work with me, then we could knock most of this stuff out double time. Anyway expect to see this in the next release.

Hey homie. Whew. Back to back 9-close shifts. 15 hours yesterday and 13 hours today. I'm pooped. I'll work on some tomorrow and share what I have with you then. I think I already know how to add the icon toggle on and off, and I have an idea of how to add Rosie settings to tweaks. Soon enough ;-)

edit. I assume crt on/off is in tweaks app, right? I know how to do it using the traditional method of hacking three jars and Settings.apk....but I still.haven't played with the latest tweaks app from Romanbb yet. As you know I'm on the old one :)

tapatalk signature here. lovely.
    Okay then, you need that...either extract it from the original ROM zip, and push it to system/app, or if you need help just let me know if you are running stock or themed and I'll zip one up for you.

Updated ROM.

Fixed that search button
    Added 0 compress MMS
    Added EPST with extra settings
    Made more space :D
    New SystemUI w/additional quick settings

Enjoy :D