Best way to charge the Samsung galaxy note after just getting it to calibrate?

Search This thread

knowsnophones

Sep 16, 2011
Best way to charge the Samsung galaxy note after just getting it to calibrate?

Should I immediately charge after getting it even if it has not reached 10% or 5%?

Should I let it reach 5%, 10% or 15% before charging to calibrate?

How many times do i have to let it reach the low levels before the battery gets calibrated?

And I have been reading about fully discharging it once a month. Is this true and what does fully discharging it mean? Let the phone die?

Thank you for any response.

Last edited:

kanej2006

Mar 22, 2008
London
Charge it when it reaches between 10-15%

There is no need to run it down to 2 or 5%

I charged mine last night when it was at 12%

ArcticCat

Feb 13, 2003
I never gave too much importance to these things, I charge my phones whenever I want to. Sometimes at 70% and sometimes when it shutdown it .

For me battery life will be, in most cases, much longer than the phone life itself and, even when it is not, aftermarket batteries are very cheap really not worth all the headache

Just my 0.02 though

nbass668

Jan 25, 2007
hey.. pro tip... this is not year 2000... really those old issues are gone way long back... so don't worry ;) charge it the way you wish

knowsnophones

Sep 16, 2011
What about those comments saying that phones, like the Iphone should be fully discharged, once a month, to calibrate?
Fully discharge means running it all the way to 0% right?

_Rom_

Nov 19, 2011
Li Ion batteries dont have a memory effect as such. So they dont need complete charge discharge cycles.

I havent worried about how i charge devices for years, and havent suffered from any battery issues. Mine will get charged as and when it needs it, or when i think to top it up.