[ROM] Helly_Bean [4.3] [nightly builds]

Search This thread

sh0cka33

Mar 5, 2011
Re: [ROM] Helly_Bean [4.2.2] [nightly builds]

I FINALLY got time today to update my HB version, but I am having an annoying problem that I cannot figure out! I am currently on build 1-24 and I am trying to update to build 2-21 without a wipe (they are a HUGE pain and takes a LOT of time! Plus, since I am sticking to the same ROM- instead of moving from one ROM to another- I wouldnt expect it to be necessary).

My steps:
1) wipe cache
2) wipe Dalvik
3) flash HB 2-21
4) installed gapps (the 12-12 version for android 4.2.x... I know it is the right one)
5) reset the extweaks profile
6) reboot

Upon startup, the system configures apps, starts apps, and then the system boots, but immediately, I get a "Unfortunately the process com.android.phone has stopped."
Pressing the OK button just dismisses the prompt with the exact same one again and again! Phone is unusable!

I then followed a possible fix that I found on the internet:
I rebooted back into Recovery, mounted System, and Fixed Permissions.
It did nothing. The process still fails.

So, now I am back on 1-24 (thanks to a Nandroid BU), and now dont have time to update until maybe tomorrow.

Anyone know what is going on and how to fix it?
Do I HAVE to do a full wipe?

Clear data for Contcts and Contacts Storage fixed it for me

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

spexwood

Feb 13, 2011
Thanks for the fast reply!
Is there any easy way to do this in maybe Recovery? I cannot really seem to do anything on the phone without the prompt appearing! (I cannot even unlock the phone because the time between pressing the OK button on the prompt and when the prompt appears again is too short for me to even swipe the unlock bubble on the lockscreen).

BTW:
I just discovered that Titanium Backup Pro (which I have) allows you to create a flashable zip of all your apps and settings :p
I never knew this was possible, so MAYBE doing a full wipe wont be as bad as I thought. I would still like to avoid it, but it may not be as time consuming now.
(Still have to wait until later to try again though).

nizbot

Oct 4, 2010
Thanks for the fast reply!
Is there any easy way to do this in maybe Recovery? I cannot really seem to do anything on the phone without the prompt appearing! (I cannot even unlock the phone because the time between pressing the OK button on the prompt and when the prompt appears again is too short for me to even swipe the unlock bubble on the lockscreen).

BTW:
I just discovered that Titanium Backup Pro (which I have) allows you to create a flashable zip of all your apps and settings :p
I never knew this was possible, so MAYBE doing a full wipe wont be as bad as I thought. I would still like to avoid it, but it may not be as time consuming now.
(Still have to wait until later to try again though).

Long short... You'll spend more time chasing this issue than you will just taking the time (hour at most) and doing a full wipe. You also need to be careful with TiBu restoring app data. It can cause issues going from rom to rom.

---------- Post added at 05:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:51 PM ----------

I had issues with auto rotate not working on latest build Hellybean-20130221-i777.zip I'll do a full wipe tomorrow to be sure, but in the mean time can anyone else double check that?

Last edited:

spexwood

Feb 13, 2011
I solved the problem. I was also flashing Siyah Kernel after the HB update. But stupid me flashed the wrong Siyah!!! I was flashing the "Siyah - JELLYBEAN - ICS" version... I needed to (and was originally using before my little incident) flash the AJK Siyah. I somehow got my bookmarks all mixed up (fixed now).

Now everything is working and I did NOT need to do a wipe!

For future reference for anyone wanting Siyah:
DOOOO FLASH AJK SIYAH KERNEL:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2110542

DO NOOOOOOOT FLASH "Siyah - JELYBEAN - ICS" SIYAH:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1592228

dpaik

Dec 3, 2010
Somewhere, NJ
I FINALLY got time today to update my HB version, but I am having an annoying problem that I cannot figure out! I am currently on build 1-24 and I am trying to update to build 2-21 without a wipe (they are a HUGE pain and takes a LOT of time! Plus, since I am sticking to the same ROM- instead of moving from one ROM to another- I wouldnt expect it to be necessary).

My steps:
1) wipe cache
2) wipe Dalvik
3) flash HB 2-21
4) installed gapps (the 12-12 version for android 4.2.x... I know it is the right one)
5) reset the extweaks profile
6) reboot

Upon startup, the system configures apps, starts apps, and then the system boots, but immediately, I get a "Unfortunately the process com.android.phone has stopped."
Pressing the OK button just dismisses the prompt with the exact same one again and again! Phone is unusable!

I then followed a possible fix that I found on the internet:
I rebooted back into Recovery, mounted System, and Fixed Permissions.
It did nothing. The process still fails.

So, now I am back on 1-24 (thanks to a Nandroid BU), and now dont have time to update until maybe tomorrow.

Anyone know what is going on and how to fix it?
Do I HAVE to do a full wipe?

it's better to fully wipe everything b/c the bases are different for 4.2.2 that'll definitely solve everything....and make sure youre flashing 12/12/12 gapps package

sh0cka33

Mar 5, 2011

Contacts keeps FCing, I've tried many different apks too. Themes also, just in case.

mcala

Oct 13, 2011

New version out today it looks like. Just an FYI to everyone...there's a new option in Settings-->Developer Options-->Advanced reboot.

"When unlocked, include options in the power menu for rebooting into recovery or bootloader."

Basically by default the advanced reboot menu is not enabled...for me at least. You have to enable dev options and then enable this option.

:good::good:

I just updated but I do not see any new menus under settings for developer options. Helly Bean correct?

DerTeufel1980

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 31, 2011

I just updated but I do not see any new menus under settings for developer options. Helly Bean correct?

The very first is advanced reboot menu in development settings. Should be there.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

nizbot

Oct 4, 2010
I don't see developers settings to enable the reboot menu.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda app-developers app

You have to enable it first. Go to Settings-->About Phone Then scroll all the way down and tap repeatedly on the 'Build Number' to enable dev settings. You will see a few notifications.

After that you should see the menu option... Settings-->Developer options

KCH2005

Feb 10, 2012
Detroit metro area, MI

Been running this ROM since the 2/15 release then decided to do a full wipe last night because phone was acting "weird/buggy" & now auto rotate don't want to work. Made sure it was selected with the degrees of rotations selected & made sure it was selected in Nova launcher settings but no go. Just full wiped EVERYTHING (data, both caches, system, preload & internal storage) & redownloaded & reflashed & auto rotate still won't work (no apps or other launcher installed yet).

At first the lock screen would always rotate on me every time I woke the screen up which was starting to drive me nuts but now nothing rotates at all since the wipes. I hope a sensor in my phone didn't take a crap on me :(

Edit: forgot to mention I was also running AJ's AJK kernel at the time so decided to flash his current 1.9 release & now auto rotate is working again. Hmmm :confused:

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda premium

Last edited:

122ninjas

Jul 26, 2012
Arizona

Been running this ROM since the 2/15 release then decided to do a full wipe last night because phone was acting "weird/buggy" & now auto rotate don't want to work. Made sure it was selected with the degrees of rotations selected & made sure it was selected in Nova launcher settings but no go. Just full wiped EVERYTHING (data, both caches, system, preload & internal storage) & redownloaded & reflashed & auto rotate still won't work (no apps or other launcher installed yet).

At first the lock screen would always rotate on me every time I woke the screen up which was starting to drive me nuts but now nothing rotates at all since the wipes. I hope a sensor in my phone didn't take a crap on me :(

Edit: forgot to mention I was also running AJ's AJK kernel at the time so decided to flash his current 1.9 release & now auto rotate is working again. Hmmm :confused:

Auto rotate seems to be broken with 4.2.2

Sent from my GS4 running CM11 Kandy Kane

KCH2005

Feb 10, 2012
Detroit metro area, MI

Originally Posted by KCH2005<br />
Been running this ROM since the 2/15 release then decided to do a full wipe last night because phone was acting "weird/buggy" & now auto rotate don't want to work. Made sure it was selected with the degrees of rotations selected & made sure it was selected in Nova launcher settings but no go. Just full wiped EVERYTHING (data, both caches, system, preload & internal storage) & redownloaded & reflashed & auto rotate still won't work (no apps or other launcher installed yet). <br />
<br />
At first the lock screen would always rotate on me every time I woke the screen up which was starting to drive me nuts but now nothing rotates at all since the wipes. I hope a sensor in my phone didn't take a crap on me :(<br />
<br />
Edit: forgot to mention I was also running AJ's AJK kernel at the time so decided to flash his current 1.9 release & now auto rotate is working again. Hmmm :confused:<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
Auto rotate seems to be broken with 4.2.2<br />
<br />
Sent from my GS4 running CM11 Kandy Kane

OK wasn't sure if it was ROM or a 4.2 thing as this was the first time I experienced it. Working fine while using AJ's kernel tho so I'm good now :D

Sent from my SGH-I777

nizbot

Oct 4, 2010

as far as the auto rotate goes... don't think it's as much a 4.2.2 thing as it is a cm nightly thing. previous hellybean version works fine.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda app-developers app

Battery usage for Deep Sleep

e9ypu2us.jpg
3a2anaha.jpg
jevu8eqe.jpg

Last edited:

sh0cka33

Mar 5, 2011

Anytime I reboot my phone, I have no signal (network) for about five minutes. Anyone else?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Many thanks, to all the other people who commit to gerrit. without these, this rom wouldn't be possible

you can find the official website for this projekt here
    http://www.hellybean.com/index.html

you'll find download links and faq on this site.

IRC channel:
    http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=hellybean

Additional changes, compared to cm10.2 (this list might not be complete):
    - facebook sync integrated
    - option to enable high end gfx effects
    - possibility to activate navigation bar
    - aokp clock (right/center, custom color, big/small am/pm, display weekday)
    - misc settings in settings menu
    - added possibility to change the colors of the statusbar toggles
    - added option to enable/disable coloring of toggles
    - added option to display a small bar below the toggles as indicator for toggle state
    - alternate default app picker (from aokp)
    - removed cm stats
    - removed cm updater

Bugfix:
    In case you get Clock force closes, please do the following:

go to:
    /data/data/com.android.deskclock/databases and delete alarms.db
    Uploaded new 4.3 build :)
    It's still labeled 4.2.2 on my website, but you see 4.3 in the changelog

Gesendet von meinem GT-N7105 mit Tapatalk 2
    AW: [ROM] Helly_Bean [4.2.2] [nightly builds]

This being up to date with cm10.1, it has the new Mali drivers?

I am compiling new version right now. This should have latest Mali update then.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9000 mit Tapatalk 2
    AW: [ROM] Helly_Bean [4.2.1] [nightly builds]

For those who didn't see it, I have uploaded a new build yesterday

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9000 mit Tapatalk 2
    The kernel stuff you describe here is what we have had all along with kernels from Entropy512 and Gokhanmoral. Will be updated to work on our 4.2 ports soon I am sure.

Sounds like that... But...
    1. You probably don't know about DerTeufel1980 kernel. It's not only some tweaks, his kernel makes my captivate amazing fast, stable, battery lasts 3-5 days, bring tons of new features like: more memory, LiveOC overklocking, fast charge, swap\zram, deep\devil idle, touchwake, 7 i/o schedullers, 11 CPU governors, and other very usefull tweaks.

2. Why you think it its end of life ? I bought 2 cappys. Now its 3 years old, and still working well. I studied to be an engineer, and I understanding that only the battery can lose capacity getting older. Everything else can run forever, if used properly.

3. Maybe for you $10-$20 is much money, but for me it's just like drink some beer with my friends. I could do without it, in favor to this buggy android has become better :)