De-branding Htc one m7

Search This thread

tivanh78

Apr 12, 2014
I was hoping for some clarification. I have a htc one m7 801s that is telstra branded. 3.62.841.1. I have rooted and gained s-off with firewater, installed rom manager and twrp. Now what i would like to do is put my vodafone sim in and have the phone Vodafone branded or unbranded. With my current setup is it a simple matter of downloading say 3.62.401.1 (international unbranded) from gurureset and installing from twrp?
Please no hating on me, i am a noob and just don't want to stuff the phone up. Any help on the process from where i'm at, to get to unbranded or vodafone branded would be great.

tivanh78

Apr 12, 2014
I was hoping for some clarification. I have a htc one m7 801s that is telstra branded. 3.62.841.1. I have rooted and gained s-off with firewater, installed rom manager and twrp. Now what i would like to do is put my vodafone sim in and have the phone Vodafone branded or unbranded. With my current setup is it a simple matter of downloading say 3.62.401.1 (international unbranded) from gurureset and installing from twrp?
Please no hating on me, i am a noob and just don't want to stuff the phone up. Any help on the process from where i'm at, to get to unbranded or vodafone branded would be great.

Upon further reading, i think i may need t change my cid to the corresponding ruu i want, and possibly flash the appropriate hboot. Then proceed to use the ruu exe or put the zip on the phone and flash with twrp?