[Q] Slow charging on device

Search This thread

OmegaRED^

Oct 31, 2010
Been having the same problem.
My phone also gets very hot.
I have to disable data and keep the screen off.

djevilx

Oct 25, 2009
Low amperage on wall charger

I tried charging by magnet,all original,and used ampere to check amps.The Sony charger will output around 500mA,whist a more powerful sasung note 2 charged will go as up as 1000mA.That might have something to do with charging speed.mine charged about 40% overnight with sony's charger

Reactions: EQ2000

Sangeeth Mk

May 31, 2015
Kannur
www.facebook.com

optimumpro

Jan 18, 2013
OnePlus 8
Let's deal with myths first:

1. More powerful charger: You can put your phone on a 500A charger, but it would still take between 500-1500ma, because the amperage is regulated by kernel, Sony's thermanager and is temperature dependent

2. Full charge in 1.5 hours: If your phone gets a full charge in 1.5 hours, your battery has a reduced capacity and is dying. Let's say the new battery has 18 cells and it should take about 3 hours to fully charge. If the battery is down to 4 cells, it would take 30 minutes to charge, but then it would discharge under load quickly

The main culprit is Sony thermanager. It is calibrated to severely limit charging current with heat and Z1 is known for overheating on a standard stock and CM kernels. I am aware of one kernel only - M5 which provides a multitude of adjustments that allow to keep the temperature down. You also need to adjust values in thermanager.

Take a look at my thermanager. Compare it with Stock/CM, but don't use with standard stock/cm roms, as it is modified for different CPU frequencies available in M5.

Attachments

• thermanager.xml.zip
    1.5 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Takes around 3 hours using Sony's original magnetic charger

Not for me. I am having slow charging as well. Using official Sony magnetic cable I have tried a couple different power adapters from Sony including the EP880 and even over night it won't charge it completely. Last night I plugged it in with about 37% left...woke up this morning after about 7.5 hours and it was only at 78%. Have to plug it in via USB to get any decent charging speed.
    Low amperage on wall charger

I tried charging by magnet,all original,and used ampere to check amps.The Sony charger will output around 500mA,whist a more powerful sasung note 2 charged will go as up as 1000mA.That might have something to do with charging speed.mine charged about 40% overnight with sony's charger