WiFi Tether Reboots Phone

Search This thread

dito33

Jul 13, 2010
I'm having this problem for awhile, tried different things all end up when tethering my phone shuts off about 45min to 1h of tethering.
Currently on EC05, stock rom and wifi tether 3.0 pre 12 but tried them all and going down in version for more stable one.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA App

Overstew

Oct 3, 2010
Settings, choose device build and select the Epic.

Also, make sure 4G radio is OFF before starting it.

Overstew

Oct 3, 2010
I'd suggest uninstalling that one and switching to Barnacle Tether. I recall the WiFi Tether app having technical issues that the dev couldn't get around.

Shoulon

Apr 12, 2008
I'm having this problem for awhile, tried different things all end up when tethering my phone shuts off about 45min to 1h of tethering.
Currently on EC05, stock rom and wifi tether 3.0 pre 12 but tried them all and going down in version for more stable one.

http://code.google.com/p/android-wifi-tether/downloads/list

the latest beta works. unistall the stock one first. (manually like with root explorer) then install. then reboot.

will work fine =)

BeerChameleon

Aug 21, 2008
Tucson,Arizona.

dito33

Jul 13, 2010
Geez......just hurry up & click the link on my other post here & download the srf1.2 version & flash thru cwm & enjoy hassle free wifi hotspot!!!

Geez that made my phone unbootable (had back up) but made me more searching around that post so thank u. Since I'm on EC05 that didn't work but found patch that modified framework and now pure hot spot working without wifi tether, thanks again. The download is in the beginning of that original post call framework something read how to install.

greenmuggy

Mar 26, 2009
Geez that made my phone unbootable (had back up) but made me more searching around that post so thank u. Since I'm on EC05 that didn't work but found patch that modified framework and now pure hot spot working without wifi tether, thanks again. The download is in the beginning of that original post call framework something read how to install.

Glad you got it working, way better & more stable than any other imitator...