[Tutorial]Battery Recalibration

Search This thread

sedhasukhdeep

Apr 12, 2011
Though Most of you Might know this already But I'll post it for the new Users out there

So you have flashed your Rom Recently and are finding some trouble with your battery?

Does it dies too quickly? or you see those numbers going down very Soon?

There might be some Other Issues related to Battery drainage but most common problem the user might experience after flashing quite a few ROM's is Mis- callibration of the battery

To fix this install a market app known as battery callibration
https://market.android.com/details?id=com.nema.batterycalibration&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsImNvbS5uZW1hLmJhdHRlcnljYWxpYnJhdGlvbiJd
You need to have a ROOTED device for that

program does it by removing the batterystats.bin system file. The OS generates a new clean batterystats file soon, thus any fake information from the previous ROM is removed.
When you reboot the phone after calibration a new batterystats.bin is created

IMPORTANT after calibration let your phone discharge to 0% and then charge it to 100% without break

DO IT AT YOUR OWN RISK (although None is involved) I'm NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR
ANY SORT OF DAMAGE DONE.

Hope this helps you guys :)

panzerscope

Jul 9, 2009
This can also be done via CWM usinge the delete battery stats option.

Sent from Galaxy Fit. Running CM 7.1

panzerscope

Jul 9, 2009
Just following logic. If someone has started flashing Roms and rooting devices, I would be surprised if they had not discovered CWM :)

Sent from Galaxy Fit. Running CM 7.1

galaxyfitankit

Dec 26, 2011
gujarat
after doing research on all methods to recallibrate checking pros and cons finally i got the answer brothers...its very simple no need for cwm or drain full abttery kill your batery download recallibrate delete batterystat.bin....all fake bother....just do a simple step remove your battery for 2-5 minutes and than on it....you are recalibrated....simple

Nov 8, 2011
Rune Midgard
after doing research on all methods to recallibrate checking pros and cons finally i got the answer brothers...its very simple no need for cwm or drain full abttery kill your batery download recallibrate delete batterystat.bin....all fake bother....just do a simple step remove your battery for 2-5 minutes and than on it....you are recalibrated....simple

Hey..it works,thanks for your efort in researching this :D
I'm quite desperate coz ever since I'm installing creed 1.7 seems like my bettery drain very fast,too bad coz I like this ROM. Last night I charged it to 100%,then I go to sleep(so my HH is idle) but when I woke up 3 hours later,my battery stat already drop to 84%,strange. So I try plugged out my battery for 5 mins and voila..now it's written 53% but it's been like that for half hour so maybe it's quite stable now. Thanks again dude

galaxyfitankit

Dec 26, 2011
gujarat
since 13 months i m using fit bro and the most annoying thing of android was battery backup so researched almost all sites of android and lion baterry ....checked alll methods of battery boosting from apps and ram clearance,...the battery stats.bin bro yup that you dont have to take care its android system which adjust itself and recalibrate when you make your android without power means no battery for a while and when you insert it again the system itself recognizes....killing your battery specialy lion reduces its self life also its the number of cycles so whenever you charge charge your phone to fullest not like every 5 min you are charging your phone once a day to the fullest just check what i said bro its really works just believe and c

colossus

Retired Senior Moderator
Aug 28, 2009
It's true it does not IMPROVE it but it helps show correct figures

However, as she explains, that’s not the case. Because those battery stats, stored in the batterystats.bin file, are only used to maintain information about what is using the battery when not recharging. That is, it essentially holds the information displayed in the Settings > Battery screen. Nothing more, nothing less. Thus:

It has no impact on the current battery level shown to you.

It has no impact on your battery life.

I did battery re calibration once and it made no difference at all, having a google engineer dis-miss all the myths is good enough for me buddy.

D

Deleted member 4398224

I installed Battery Calibration 1.2. When open it writes the following:

1. Plug in your phone to the charger
2. Wait till it charges to 100%
3. Click 'Battery Calibration'
4. Unplug your phone

kurokawalove

Dec 10, 2011
Thanks for this! I heard from some android users that Battery Calibration is a myth, but it appears to be really effective anyway. :)

djbjpanchal

Dec 26, 2011
Mumbai
Instead of battery caliberation just swith off phone,remove battery,insert battery,turn on phone. :) It works.

Press Thanks if i helped you

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.