4.3 official AT&T update

Search This thread

E3SYLER

Jul 18, 2013
OK Bigmack here not like people know me
Fully Stock took over 2 hours and it timed out on be I had to continue to DL the Update
Base Version is I337UCUEMJ9
Kernel Version is 3.4.0-1921628 se.infra@r0303-12#1
Build # is JSS15j.I337UCUEMJ9

I did notice the brightness and I seen Lookout APP, Kindle APP, ATT Mobile locate was added

where is the Samsung Knox and how can I find out if the ANT+ was activated
and when I connected the KIES it prompt you to DL the Kies3

Knox is on there look in app manager and to see if ant was installed look in the play store under my apps and you should see it and kies 3 only supports 4.3 so download it if you use it to back up your. Stuff

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

jimlmackjr

Mar 7, 2011
Im felling dumb but it is 2am
Not seeing the icon. Under app manager I can see the app but it has 0.0mb
Guess ill see in the morning maybe a factory wipe as for Ant+ I installed the app just need a program to run and verify it works

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using xda app-developers app

ToXicWinter

Aug 3, 2013
OnePlus 6
Mine Worked

Its downloading again, I didn't unroot but I disabled SuperSU this time around. Cross your fingers with me.

So while I was waiting for the update I checked my "about device" and saw that at the bottom the secure boot status was still samsung. I went to "Status" and at the bottom it said official for whatever reason. I tried your suggestion and hid SuperSu and then waited for my device to finish downloading the update. Once my download was done everything installed fine and booted. I can confirm I lost root. Also now in "Status" under device status instead of saying official it says "Custom" and shows the lock again when booting.

At least everything appears to be working fine at this point and time.

LZLandingZone

Mar 2, 2011
So while I was waiting for the update I checked my "about device" and saw that at the bottom the secure boot status was still samsung. I went to "Status" and at the bottom it said official for whatever reason. I tried your suggestion and hid SuperSu and then waited for my device to finish downloading the update. Once my download was done everything installed fine and booted. I can confirm I lost root. Also now in "Status" under device status instead of saying official it says "Custom" and shows the lock again when booting.

At least everything appears to be working fine at this point and time.

Wait, so you lost root, but it says custom on stock firmware?

Reactions: j510

crazzysandman

Aug 3, 2010
Bakersfield
Knox is on there look in app manager and to see if ant was installed look in the play store under my apps and you should see it and kies 3 only supports 4.3 so download it if you use it to back up your. Stuff

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

I dont see Knox either. And for ant+ not sure about that as well.

LZLandingZone

Mar 2, 2011
So I lost root, but it failed midway through. So I have no root on 4.2.2.

CZ Eddie

Sep 27, 2011
Austin, TX
Rooted MF3 here.
The download went through, my phone reset, it tried to install but said it was interupted. Now when I check for updates it says that my phone is up to date with 4.2.2, there are no updates, and im not allowed to check again for 40 hours.

Just change your clock from auto to manual and put it 40 hours ahead.

Sent from my GT-I9505G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 04:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:55 AM ----------

But if it were me, I'd hold off a couple days for a flashable update from devs.

Sent from my GT-I9505G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

atistang

Feb 1, 2010
One thing I have noticed is folders stay open after you exit the app you were in. Not sure if I like that or not.

Phone feels more snappy so far, I have had a couple of times where it took a while for the UI to draw though...

shamelin73

Jul 27, 2010
Dallas
I still cant get the update i have pushed the date all the way to 12/26/13 and all I get is interrupted.

does some one have the files to download?

nthknd

Feb 17, 2011
It will only download to about 25mbs then stop and says interrupted. Guess att not ready just yet.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

raidel00

Apr 24, 2008
Any samsung experience store reps here? Can you confirm that the 4.3 update is now available on your SMART tool. So I can go get it installed.

ToXicWinter

Aug 3, 2013
OnePlus 6
To clear a few things up for others who haven't read or might be curious. If you are rooted and update works and goes through and installs. You will be unrooted and your phone will show that the lock on boot and say it is custom. I only can assume that is anything that modifies it including safestrap. So if you want it to be official then flash the mf3 files via Odin to restore to default and then update.

I noticed that when I updated it took away my ability to hide apps. So any apps that I had placed as hidden on 4.2 are still hidden after the update but I cannot unhide them. Now you have the option to disable or uninstall.

A few new apps are installed with this update. What I noticed was Samsung play games updated, lookout security, at&t mobile locale, and Amazon Kindle apps have also been installed to add more bloatware.

Few people I have seen talk about it and in my apps list for all apps it does list ant+ plug in and also Knox.

Regarding the update I can say it is running fine for me so far. The default brightness is increased it appears. I haven't gotten into battery life just yet as I charged it to full to get a better test. Everything for me is running smooth and in my case smoother than 4.2 was for me.

Edit: Almost forgot with this update you do lose the data toggle. It is not listed on anywhere that I could find. So if having a data toggle is a deal breaker to you then don't update.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:

jgav71

Nov 9, 2010
I have successfully saved the OTA update files. Can someone recommend a good way to share? I'm currently uploading to my Copy account but it's almost as slow as the original download. Could be a few hours...

Top Liked Posts