I bricked or soft bricked my moto G PLEASE HELP

Search This thread

reeved

Jan 9, 2014
Okay so, Im a noob at all this and this was my first attempt at unlocking the bootloader.

I followed a website and I tried unlocking the bootloader.
I thought I did it right.
So when the phone restarted, it went to the "Android is optimising" screen
I wasnt there when it happened but when i returned, there were all these popups saying everything crashed (clock, settings, ANDROID)
So i tried shutting it down and hoped that when i restarted it, it would do the optimising again and work
So i restarted, but as soon as the Motorola start screen finished ( the spinning globe thing) the whole phone would crash and would be stuck on a blank black screen.

I can still access the Fastboot screen thing by pressing the Volume down and Power buttons.

Is there anything i can do to fix it?
Please make it detailed or very simple because again, I AM A NOOB D:

PLEASE HELP ME D:

gee2012

Recognized Contributor
Jul 13, 2010
Heerlen
Okay so, Im a noob at all this and this was my first attempt at unlocking the bootloader.

I followed a website and I tried unlocking the bootloader.
I thought I did it right.
So when the phone restarted, it went to the "Android is optimising" screen
I wasnt there when it happened but when i returned, there were all these popups saying everything crashed (clock, settings, ANDROID)
So i tried shutting it down and hoped that when i restarted it, it would do the optimising again and work
So i restarted, but as soon as the Motorola start screen finished ( the spinning globe thing) the whole phone would crash and would be stuck on a blank black screen.

I can still access the Fastboot screen thing by pressing the Volume down and Power buttons.

Is there anything i can do to fix it?
Please make it detailed or very simple because again, I AM A NOOB D:

PLEASE HELP ME D:

Go into recovery and do a data factory reset and clear the caches, that should solve the problem.

reeved

Jan 9, 2014
moto g

Have a look in here - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2537119 - all the questions and important news are there.

ALSO

You know that after you unlocked your bootloader all your data is gone? You can flash one of the 4.4 images available using one of the tutorials here on XDA (not a shaddy site on the interwebz)

im sorry, do YOU know how to do it exactly???

and yea i made a backup of all my data (apps, phone stuff like contacts etc.)

Rusty!

Jan 10, 2010
Portsmouth
Reboot into bootloader, pick recovery, at the picture, press volume up and power at the same time, then use the volume keys to navigate the menu and power key to select.

Note that the recovery is actually broken and the option you have highlighted isn't actually the one that it will select, so you'll have to experiment a little to get the wipe data one.

reeved

Jan 9, 2014
Did it but back at square ONE D:

Reboot into bootloader, pick recovery, at the picture, press volume up and power at the same time, then use the volume keys to navigate the menu and power key to select.

Note that the recovery is actually broken and the option you have highlighted isn't actually the one that it will select, so you'll have to experiment a little to get the wipe data one.

Well, i did what you said, when the phone first restarted it got stuck at the globe part so i held power and restarted.
BUT it went to the android is optimising screen. Things were really looking up at that moment but to my luck, it showed the 'message' -.-

"Unfortunately, the process com.android.phone has stopped."

IM REALLY SAD D:

can you please help more?

thanks though because what you said worked :D just that a new problem came :p

EDIT: Okay so just after finishing the previous post ^ and going to bed ( cuz i live in NZ :p ) i kept doing your idea. after 2 or 3 tries IT WORKED :DDDD

So i tried making sure everything was working. I tried doing that "Motorola Protect Your Phone" thing that wont go from your notification screen unless you do it. But i couldnt because it said -

"The Phone radio is unable to connect to the network. Make sure the radio is on, or if it is on, move into an area with better coverage and try again."

So whats the radio?

I was assuming it was my thing which sends texts and calls but i could text just fine. Is it WiFi? because at the moment i dont have WiFi ;P

Im just getting a bit scared because i read somewhere ( idk where) that your phones radio could get ruined if you attempted to unlock the bootloader O:

Sorry for being so annoying :p

Thanks for helping me

PLEASE HELP AGAIN D:

Last edited: