[SOLVED] Data stopped working

Search This thread

toasterboy1

Sep 18, 2013
Google Pixel
Google Pixel 3
Running CM11 on PagePlus. I cannot access the Internet. I was able to at one time. Thought it was the Rom so I flash CM10.1 and Stock rooted rom. I reactivated the phone after the installs. Every time it says the network is connected but I cannot connect to the Internet or send MMS. Starting to think it is the phone. Any ideas?

Last edited:

toasterboy1

Sep 18, 2013
Google Pixel
Google Pixel 3
More info:
IP address is applied. Able to ping ip address but not some other known ip address. Traceroute does one hop to 66.174.216.161, which seems to be a Verizon ISP. Might try playing with apns-config.xml. I had tried the one I had when it was working previously but did not seem to change anything.

AGKdrOId

Sep 11, 2013
Verde Valley, AZ
I'm new, but had similar problems

Running CM11 on PagePlus. I cannot access the Internet. I was able to at one time. Thought it was the Rom so I flash CM10.1 and Stock rooted rom. I reactivated the phone after the installs. Every time it says the network is connected but I cannot connect to the Internet or send MMS. Starting to think it is the phone. Any ideas?

I'm not sure the MMS issue has been resolved, as of yet. Last time I check the Development thread it seemed like there wasn't yet a fix. Someone will correct me shortly if I'm mistaken, I'm sure.

The data problem you're having is one that I struggled with for a couple weeks in CM11... I don't know how much help I can be, because I'm not really sure what ended up actually fixing it for my dINC. All I know is that I spent about three hours dirty flashing and restoring from nand backups, sometimes the full backup and sometimes just partitions. I also threw in a *228 somewhere in there. Anyways, Through persistence, and sheer dumb luck, I finally have a pretty stable data connection, as long as I don't use the mode switcher in DUbattery(that seems to mess 3g up until reboot).

sometimes it helps to toggle airplane mode on then off.

toasterboy1

Sep 18, 2013
Google Pixel
Google Pixel 3
Thanks for the tip. I toggled airplane mode on and off. I could then load google in the browser but it would not do anything after that. I have a new inc and an OG Evo coming in. Might have to retire my inc for the kid to play games on. My wife is using and OG Evo with no data or mms problems on 10.1 and I am sort of digging the larger screen. Also might be able to help zach with troubleshooting cm11 for the evo (supersonic).

zachf714

Jun 4, 2012
Mooresville

so its not just me, my pageplus data is borked as well and I was chocking it up to QcRil but I guess its not, so I will see whats up

toasterboy1

Sep 18, 2013
Google Pixel
Google Pixel 3
so its not just me, my pageplus data is borked as well and I was chocking it up to QcRil but I guess its not, so I will see whats up

Glad to know it was not just my phone. I am back on your 2/17 build and was worried there was some leftover firewall stuff even though I wiped everything except emmc and sd-card before the flash.

On another note. I have that other EVO coming in so should be able to load up CM11 and do some logging for you.

Reactions: zachf714

AGKdrOId

Sep 11, 2013
Verde Valley, AZ
So I switched mobile data off this weekend with the silent profile and when I switched it back on using the default profile my data worked.

I'm glad you found a fix! On my dINC, I don't use the profiles, and mobile data crashes randomly. After flashing the March 23rd build, it has gotten somewhat better, but it always seems to skip out when I need it most... specifically.... when I use Google voice search to either dictate text messages or navigate to an address(delivery driver). the latter is especially frustrating, because I only use the navi when I'm already out of the store and can't find something, so no alternative available. Sometimes, even when the 3g symbol is full in status bar, I'll push the voice button and it will say, "cannot reach google *** etc" :crying:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Glad to know it was not just my phone. I am back on your 2/17 build and was worried there was some leftover firewall stuff even though I wiped everything except emmc and sd-card before the flash.

On another note. I have that other EVO coming in so should be able to load up CM11 and do some logging for you.