[Q] How to Develop a Custom Rom?

Search This thread

Shaheer

May 22, 2013
Richmond
Hello,

I have a Galaxy Tab Pro 10.1 (SM-T520) & I saw that there were no custom roms for it currently. So, I thought it would be fun to see if I could make my own custom rom for it. I was wondering where to start, if someone could point me in the right direction that would be awesome! Also, i'm looking to try to get a clean kitkat rom (like cyanogenmod) or edit my stock rom and remove some apps and change settings.

Lastly, I was reading that there is a problem developing for exynos 5 or something like that. Can someone explain on that to me.

I really appreciate it.

Thanks! :eek:

Shaheer

May 22, 2013
Richmond
Hello,

I have a Galaxy Tab Pro 10.1 (SM-T520) & I saw that there were no custom roms for it currently. So, I thought it would be fun to see if I could make my own custom rom for it. I was wondering where to start, if someone could point me in the right direction that would be awesome! Also, i'm looking to try to get a clean kitkat rom (like cyanogenmod) or edit my stock rom and remove some apps and change settings.

Lastly, I was reading that there is a problem developing for exynos 5 or something like that. Can someone explain on that to me.

I really appreciate it.

Thanks! :eek:

Anyone???

.:GraveD:.

Apr 2, 2014
I'm wondering the same thing,

How do you extract/decrypt the official firmware?

Followed some of the tutorials on the forum but didn't work for our sm-t520...

_stefans_

Dec 5, 2009
I could really be without touchwiz.... Aosp or something, but I will probably just sell it and buy a new nexus 10 / 8, when they are available. The resolution was nice on this though.

Sent from my SM-T520 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Shaheer

May 22, 2013
Richmond
Alright so i'm trying to make a stock unbloated rom for the sm-t520. However, I can't figure out how to get a custom recovery for this device. Anyone have any advice?

Thanks!

Edit:
Looks like I answered my own question =) Found it here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2722900

Hopefully, now i'll be able to compile a debloated stock rom!

Last edited: