[APP] Shift Schedule Android™ app

Search This thread

ochkarik05

Oct 17, 2012
Shift Schedule with alarm clock and handy month scroller for shift workers.

Sorry, but I have not permissions to post links yet :(
You can find it on Google Play by "Shift Schedule" name.

Main Program Features:
  • Unlimited count of schedules;
  • Shift color markup;
  • Independent shift alarm clock;
  • Easy switch between teams;
  • Easy schedule files sharing;
  • Day view (NEW);
  • Edit color for shift types;
  • Payment day indicators.

This is an application for Android™ which helps to organize a shift pattern for people who work in rotating shift as well as for their friends, as well as for all their friends, acquaintances and relatives.
Приложение позволяет создавать и отслеживать периодические посменные графики работы.
Shift Schedule allows to create and to trace periodical rotating shift schedules.

Analysing users’ experience of using such applications I learnt what main trouble for users is creating and adjusting own shift pattern. In Shift Schedule setup your patterns is made even more than easy. But if you have any ideas about making this process more easily, please email me or to technical support email.
Rotating shift work implies what on the same working place toil several teams which change each other.
Shift Schedule is the one among few applications, which consider this fact. Schedule concept is inextricably linked with team which works on it. Shifts and their order is the same for all teams but they are shifted in time. So when you will create your schedule, list all your shifts and go to “teams” tab. Here you can set team’s first shift date. Now you have your schedule adjusted!
Consider what you can not only type for each shift (Day shift, Swing shift and so on), but also its name for example as “1-st A”, “3-st B”.
Shift Schedule has built-in alarm clock. You can set alarm for each shift independently, and alarm settings do not depend from shift type. When you have alarms added, do not forget enable it in settings by enabling appropriate check box and select your schedule and team. When you will moved to another team, just specify new team in settings.
For coordinate your shifts with the ones from another schedule, application has Day Viewer feature. Make long press on calendar cell, and you will see screen where you will find shifts for all your teams from all your schedules. Scroll them horizontally to move to another date.
More information about another Shift Schedule features read on Google Play.

My future development plans:
  • Shift begin-end time and shift duration, work time statistic.
  • Add a couple widgets.
  • Setting the days (holidays, for example) which will not be counted in schedule
  • Function which you can suggest.
Application is absolutely free and without ads. The main motivation factor is your appreciation.

Last edited:

ochkarik05

Oct 17, 2012
Shift Schedule 2.0.b

Hello again. There is new pre-release 2.0.b version available for final testing on Shift Schedule official site.
New features:
  • New main screen scroll engine;
  • New interface with ICS-like action bar;
  • Color markup is always anabled;
  • Go to date menu item;
  • 4x4, 4x2 and 1x1 widgets;
  • Scrolling of your schedules back to last periods;
  • Creating four additional schedule templates on phone default language during clean installation.

Get it on shapp.16mb.com

Welcome to testing and wait on Goolge Play soon!

Last edited:
Reactions: i2gh0st

ochkarik05

Oct 17, 2012
4-day pattern

hello,

first of all very nice app, i have searched / tried a lot since i need one and yours liked the most,
i have played with the settings but i couldn't set up a 4-day shift pattern

can you please help ?

Thanks for using Shift Schedule :)

Speaking about 4-day shift pattern, I think it is something like in attachment. Unzip it to /sdcard/Android/com.ochkarik.shiftschedule/schedules where Shift Schedule can find it.

Also you can watch video about creating own schedule on application site.

Attachments

• 4day.zip
    556 bytes · Views: 56
  • Screenshot_2013-03-06-21-47-06.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-03-06-21-47-06.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 336
Last edited:

i2gh0st

Thanks for using Shift Schedule :)

Speaking about 4-day shift pattern, I think it is something like in attachment. Unzip it to /sdcard/Android/com.ochkarik.shiftschedule/schedules where Shift Schedule can find it.

Also you can watch video about creating own schedule on application site.

Thanks, After a lot of testing, in the end i understood the logic :)
but i did make a mistake, i had set up the day off from 8am until 8am next day and everything gone wrong,
i had in the stat window 8 day shifts + 8 night shifts and 576 of total hours

so your reply i welcomed :)

A little request can you make a option in the appearance to have it look like shift calendar,
i like that i can view the teams first letter is the day shift second is the night, and if are more teams
something like ABC / second idea: in the square A up, B down

Attachments

• 2013-03-06_22-02-19.jpg
    2013-03-06_22-02-19.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 293
  • 2013-03-06_22-20-22.jpg
    2013-03-06_22-20-22.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 292

ochkarik05

Oct 17, 2012
A little request can you make a option in the appearance to have it look like shift calendar,
i like that i can view the teams first letter is the day shift second is the night, and if are more teams
something like ABC / second idea: in the square A up, B down

Thanks for good idea and many thanks for donation :)

I'm thinking a lot about ability to show all teams for one day, shift calendar makes it by original way, but you need get used a little... It is no problem to do so if you have no more than 3 shifts per day - day, swing and night. But users asked me (and I did yet ) to add some other shift types. Version 3.8 will have additional shift types - Diurnal shift Type (or All Day Shift, I don't know how will be right in English), Morning Shift Type, and three user shift types. Also I have plans to add dialog for select additional indication type - user can select what to show - shift start time, alarm clock time or shift short name on the bottom of cell in calendar(Short name field will be added to shift editor). I can add something like "teams list" to this dialog, and user can select indication type you ask, but what logic I need to realize to get right indication string? (I understand if day will have morning, day, swing, night shifts, but what about rest types?)

i2gh0st

Thanks for good idea and many thanks for donation :)

I'm thinking a lot about ability to show all teams for one day, shift calendar makes it by original way, but you need get used a little... It is no problem to do so if you have no more than 3 shifts per day - day, swing and night. But users asked me (and I did yet ) to add some other shift types. Version 3.8 will have additional shift types - Diurnal shift Type (or All Day Shift, I don't know how will be right in English), Morning Shift Type, and three user shift types. Also I have plans to add dialog for select additional indication type - user can select what to show - shift start time, alarm clock time or shift short name on the bottom of cell in calendar(Short name field will be added to shift editor). I can add something like "teams list" to this dialog, and user can select indication type you ask, but what logic I need to realize to get right indication string? (I understand if day will have morning, day, swing, night shifts, but what about rest types?)

you locked me i got nothing :)

waiting for the next version.

ochkarik05

Oct 17, 2012
you locked me i got nothing :)

It is because my poor English :(((

Download link on application site now lead to 3.8. (I will update information on site a bit later). You can try it - make long press on calendar cell and select "Working teams" as indication type. For now it is on number format only (1234 instead ABCD). Is it what you want?

PS: Can somebody add links please (I have not permissions yet :( )

Last edited:

i2gh0st

It is because my poor English :(((

Download link on application site now lead to 3.8. (I will update information on site a bit later). You can try it - make long press on calendar cell and select "Working teams" as indication type. For now it is on number format only (1234 instead ABCD). Is it what you want?

PS: Can somebody add links please (I have not permissions yet :( )

The Number format is not important, my teams are 1 2 3 and 4. There is a little bug in classic decoration mode where the team numbers are under the decoration, if you combine the working start time and above team numbers, It will look ok? Maybe the pop up widow will be composed of check boxes, with the condition of only to to be selected, because I don't think more info will enter in that box. :) eventually moving them (check box) up and down depending on user preferences.

About the team number's it think you should put a field somewhere in the team tab in settings, basically where user ca pot a initial for the team

PS: somewhere in the forum there ware 2 topics where you could post a few messages and pass that restriction of 10 posts or something, when I was registered there was none.

http://shapp.16mb.com/files/ShiftSchedule.apk

ochkarik05

Oct 17, 2012
Updated to 3.9

Shift Schedule has been updated to 3.9

• Classic decoration mode bug fixed
  • Additional indication selection moved from context to main menu.
  • "About shift" dialog calls by long tap on calendar cell.
  • Shift list in schedule settings is colored now.

ochkarik05

Oct 17, 2012

4.0 released.
  • Now with JazzyViewPager - sliding animation effects of your choice!
  • ACRA (Application Crash Reports for Android) library injected.
  • Long press on Calendar cell bug (for Android 2.x) fixed.

I have plans to add feature for using external alarm clocks with my application. There are a lot of Alarm Clock applications with many clever features and some people want to use them with Shift Schedule. Now I'm looking for an Alarm Clock applications which support ACTION_SET_ALARM action. One of them is XTreme alarm clock. Also, of course, system alarm clock supports whis action. Does anybody want to have this feature?

i2gh0st

It will be a cool feature but not necessary, I for example have a lot of alarm clocks, I get bored, every morning seeing the same screen.

Not that this will be a problem anymore since I got a shift job now. The idea is that there are many alarm clocks out there and you will create a problem for yourself supporting them, I'm not sure how it's done but If you need to support them individually you better not :)

Sent from my Desire S using xda premium

ochkarik05

Oct 17, 2012
If you need to support them individually you better not :)
Oh, no :0) It's a bit easier. Instead turning on internal alarm clock I can just ask Android to do that for me. It will set system alarm clock or another one (if you have it, of course), which have support for broadcast message ACTION_SET_ALARM. Usually first time you will have dialog like on screenshot, and if you will check "Always", this application will be used default for all next actions.

System Alarm Clock has that advantage, what it works always (instead almost always as all other ones do on some devices) .

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-03-14-20-27-10.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-03-14-20-27-10.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 242
Last edited:

ochkarik05

Oct 17, 2012
And, at last, I can post link to my application on Google Play.

By the way, it has very good positions in Russia - very close to first hundred of "Top Free in Productivity". I hope people here would help me to understand what is wrong with the application for English speaking users :)

Attachments

• topfree.jpg
    topfree.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 218

ochkarik05

Oct 17, 2012
Shift Schedule Translation

Hello again to all.

I have one review on Google Play for my app:

Very complicated with poor to little instructions This app looks good and has potential, but what let's it down is the translation. There are no obvious ways of adding a shift on a day by day basis and as a result, the app is not helpful me. However I can imagine the app being helpful if understood.

It is true, and I need to do something with that situation.

Shift Schedule Home Site was updated and filled with a lot of information last weeks. Now I have started to translate it to English.

I know I'm not very good in English, so maybe somebody can point me to my mistakes and to places in manual what are not clear for understand.

After loading site is on Russian, but there are "eng" button in header, press on it to switch language.

Now only description of homepage, and part of page about creation own schedule are translated to English. Do you think I can continue or maybe I need to looking for somebody who make this job better?

Thanks.

ochkarik05

Oct 17, 2012
Shift Schedule 5.0

Shift Schedule app has been updated to version 5.0

New features:

* Now with ads - Sorry but it is only the way to continue development
* External alarm clock support
* Backup/restore settings on sd-card
* Backup/restore schedules sd-card
* New widget 4x1 for only one schedule
* Markup of Weekends in "Show All Schedules" view
* "Disable labels" ability for widget 4x1 (2 teams)
* "Working teams ABC" indication mode added

You can read about using external alarm here: http://shapp.16mb.com/enable_alarm.php

ochkarik05

Oct 17, 2012
Creating a Schedule Walk-through

One lady from US gave me some help and created this document to help users understand how to get start with "shift schedule".

I'm grateful to her very much, and I think, many of you will be grateful to her too.

Attachments

• Walkthrough.pdf
    426.6 KB · Views: 16

ochkarik05

Oct 17, 2012
Testing new versions

If somebody wants to test new versions of ShiftSchedule, here is the way to do so:

1) Join to the Shift Schedule community
2) Go to the link: https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.ochkarik.shiftschedule

For now new version 5.1 is available to final beta testing. New features:

* Moving to sd-card ability added(beta)
* More shift patterns added
* "Select template" feature during the new schedule creation.
* Online help menu item.
* Some improvements in 4х1 (1 team) widget.
* The notification behavior for external alarm corrected.
* Some bugs fixed.

For now it supports a lot of schedule patterns from start, select the closest and correct it as you want.
New online step-by-step manual is available here: http://shapp.16mb.com/walkthrough/en/

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-05-25-12-20-19.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-05-25-12-20-19.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 59
  • Screenshot_2013-05-25-12-20-12.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-05-25-12-20-12.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Shift Schedule with alarm clock and handy month scroller for shift workers.

Sorry, but I have not permissions to post links yet :(
    You can find it on Google Play by "Shift Schedule" name.

Main Program Features:
    • Unlimited count of schedules;
    • Shift color markup;
    • Independent shift alarm clock;
    • Easy switch between teams;
    • Easy schedule files sharing;
    • Day view (NEW);
    • Edit color for shift types;
    • Payment day indicators.

This is an application for Android™ which helps to organize a shift pattern for people who work in rotating shift as well as for their friends, as well as for all their friends, acquaintances and relatives.
    Приложение позволяет создавать и отслеживать периодические посменные графики работы.
    Shift Schedule allows to create and to trace periodical rotating shift schedules.

Analysing users’ experience of using such applications I learnt what main trouble for users is creating and adjusting own shift pattern. In Shift Schedule setup your patterns is made even more than easy. But if you have any ideas about making this process more easily, please email me or to technical support email.
    Rotating shift work implies what on the same working place toil several teams which change each other.
    Shift Schedule is the one among few applications, which consider this fact. Schedule concept is inextricably linked with team which works on it. Shifts and their order is the same for all teams but they are shifted in time. So when you will create your schedule, list all your shifts and go to “teams” tab. Here you can set team’s first shift date. Now you have your schedule adjusted!
    Consider what you can not only type for each shift (Day shift, Swing shift and so on), but also its name for example as “1-st A”, “3-st B”.
    Shift Schedule has built-in alarm clock. You can set alarm for each shift independently, and alarm settings do not depend from shift type. When you have alarms added, do not forget enable it in settings by enabling appropriate check box and select your schedule and team. When you will moved to another team, just specify new team in settings.
    For coordinate your shifts with the ones from another schedule, application has Day Viewer feature. Make long press on calendar cell, and you will see screen where you will find shifts for all your teams from all your schedules. Scroll them horizontally to move to another date.
    More information about another Shift Schedule features read on Google Play.

My future development plans:
    • Shift begin-end time and shift duration, work time statistic.
    • Add a couple widgets.
    • Setting the days (holidays, for example) which will not be counted in schedule
    • Function which you can suggest.
    Application is absolutely free and without ads. The main motivation factor is your appreciation.
    Shift Schedule 2.0.b

Hello again. There is new pre-release 2.0.b version available for final testing on Shift Schedule official site.
    New features:
    • New main screen scroll engine;
    • New interface with ICS-like action bar;
    • Color markup is always anabled;
    • Go to date menu item;
    • 4x4, 4x2 and 1x1 widgets;
    • Scrolling of your schedules back to last periods;
    • Creating four additional schedule templates on phone default language during clean installation.

Get it on shapp.16mb.com

Welcome to testing and wait on Goolge Play soon!
    Updated to 3.9

Shift Schedule has been updated to 3.9

• Classic decoration mode bug fixed
    • Additional indication selection moved from context to main menu.
    • "About shift" dialog calls by long tap on calendar cell.
    • Shift list in schedule settings is colored now.

4.0 released.
    • Now with JazzyViewPager - sliding animation effects of your choice!
    • ACRA (Application Crash Reports for Android) library injected.
    • Long press on Calendar cell bug (for Android 2.x) fixed.

I have plans to add feature for using external alarm clocks with my application. There are a lot of Alarm Clock applications with many clever features and some people want to use them with Shift Schedule. Now I'm looking for an Alarm Clock applications which support ACTION_SET_ALARM action. One of them is XTreme alarm clock. Also, of course, system alarm clock supports whis action. Does anybody want to have this feature?