[ROM][OFFICIAL]Cyanogenmod 10.0.0 Stable Release[TeamChopsticks]

Search This thread

Justananomaly

Oct 20, 2010
Miami, FL
Great news!

The Cyanogenmod and TeamChopsticks teams just released the first stable CM10 for the T989.

You can grab it here for the T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy SII (SGH-T989 Hercules): http://get.cm/get/4LV

To avoid confusion: The source is out for Android 4.2 and it seems the future CM10.1.0 Stable will be based upon it, however this version (CM10.0.0) is based upon the work put into 4.1.2 and therefore this stands as the final for this version, as well as the first CM10 stable release. This release includes all of the commits up from all of the nightly's up until this build, and a few more.

Justananomaly's advice:

Read carefully or you might cause a rip in the space/time continuum.

You need to do a full wipe unless you're on a recent CM10 nightly already. If you are not using latest TWRP I HIGHLY recommend using CWM 5.0.2.7 after that version, Darkside wipe scripts throw most ROMs into a bootloop. You can get it here: http://db.tt/IAwaFQNx If using TWRP don't use Darkside wipe scripts, just clear cache/dalvik/factory reset. It's not recommended to run Darkside scripts on TWRP.

Radios Here (thanks to VoiD_Dweller): http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1895400

Use this gapps (latest for 4.1.2): http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-jb-20121011-signed.zip
I AM NOT PROVIDING SUPPORT FOR THOSE USING GAPPS DESIGNED FOR 4.2 ON THIS 4.1.2 ROM.

Please make a nanoid/twrp backup before flashing ANY rom. If you restore via TitaniumBackup only restore apps+data.

No I am not a part of CM Team or TeamChopsticks, I just posted this super early to avoid multiple threads and the mods needing to merge them. I love my mods.

------------------

#teamchopsticks incl#
CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
#include 
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at any of us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
 * Collectively, and at the same time.
 */

This is the support thread for CM10.0.0 Stable on the Samsung SGH-T989 Hercules. It is still a major work in progress, so please make sure you have a backup that you can restore if you run into problems.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view http://changelog.bbqdroid.org for a full list of changes.

IRC SUPPORT:
Join us in #teamchopsticks on Freenode IRC network.

DO NOT ASK FOR SUPPORT IF YOU FLASH A DIFFERENT KERNEL!
The kernel packaged with CM10 is very tightly coupled with the ROM code, now more than ever with the advent of Project Butter in Jelly Bean. If you install a kernel different from the one in this ROM, please do not ask for any support.

Experience issues? Please provide the following info:
  • If the device was hard reboot, please provide the file "/proc/last_kmsg".
  • If the device was soft reboot or is "bootlooping", please run a logcat and provide the full output.
  • Please use Pastebin when possible.
Download Links:

Please see our blog at http://www.teamchopsticks.org for installation, download links and release notes.
Install instructions:

The CyanogenMod team and TeamChopsticks would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!
#teamchopsticks incl#

Last edited:

djxcee

Oct 2, 2010
Yay finally stable! Thank you cyanogenmod team!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using xda premium

Daiskei

Feb 13, 2009
Is this basically just the 13th nightly marked as stable? Or... is there more to this?

::Edit::
Garth, I meant.. were there a lot of changes to this to make it "stable" since the builds we've been using or are the nightlies what became this? Lol. If that makes any sense.

Last edited:

teh_lorax

Aug 31, 2006
Is this basically just the 13th nightly marked as stable? Or... is there more to this?

Garth, I meant.. were there a lot of changes to this to make it "stable" since the builds we've been using or are the nightlies what became this? Lol. If that makes any sense.

Generally, its the *lack* of changes that make it stable...

Reactions: Phateless

Justananomaly

Oct 20, 2010
Miami, FL

It's the first verified "stable" build for all devices that CM builds for. There are of course issues still as with all builds (even final builds). Nighly builds can be stable as well but commits are applied daily so what fixes an issue might break something else. Stable builds are more of a milestone between nightly updates as a good progress indicator. So after so long they will release CM10.1.0 with all of the commits made on all of the nighly builds between today and the day it's released for instance. That means this build contains commits from all of the nighly builds up until now, and the CM/TCS teams are satisfied enough to call it "stable"

TL;DR: Nighly builds are experimental, stable releases are what you flash on your grandmas phone, and they are progress milestones.

I hope that helps.

Last edited:

garth719

Oct 4, 2012

gotcha.. i hope so! idk i cant download right now too bogged up.. but the change log looks sexy

a93hunt

Jun 13, 2012
Brooklyn
Excuse my ignorance but from my understanding, jellybean's smoothness has part to do with the GPU. From what I've read we don't have such drivers available for the t989. With that in mind, does this ROM utilize ICS GPU drivers or perhaps generic drivers?

Insight on this is appreciated

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda app-developers app

gary93

Sep 13, 2008
Dumb question, is there the wifi calling in this ROM?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Justananomaly

Oct 20, 2010
Miami, FL
Excuse my ignorance but from my understanding, jellybean's smoothness has part to do with the GPU. From what I've read we don't have such drivers available for the t989. With that in mind, does this ROM utilize ICS GPU drivers or perhaps generic drivers?

Insight on this is appreciated

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda app-developers app

I believe Team CM use a modified ics source chipset driver for our device. Nothing beats source though and we might have that in the coming months.

Either way, this is smooth.

Reactions: a93hunt

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Great news!

The Cyanogenmod and TeamChopsticks teams just released the first stable CM10 for the T989.

You can grab it here for the T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy SII (SGH-T989 Hercules): http://get.cm/get/4LV

To avoid confusion: The source is out for Android 4.2 and it seems the future CM10.1.0 Stable will be based upon it, however this version (CM10.0.0) is based upon the work put into 4.1.2 and therefore this stands as the final for this version, as well as the first CM10 stable release. This release includes all of the commits up from all of the nightly's up until this build, and a few more.

Justananomaly's advice:

Read carefully or you might cause a rip in the space/time continuum.

You need to do a full wipe unless you're on a recent CM10 nightly already. If you are not using latest TWRP I HIGHLY recommend using CWM 5.0.2.7 after that version, Darkside wipe scripts throw most ROMs into a bootloop. You can get it here: http://db.tt/IAwaFQNx If using TWRP don't use Darkside wipe scripts, just clear cache/dalvik/factory reset. It's not recommended to run Darkside scripts on TWRP.

Radios Here (thanks to VoiD_Dweller): http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1895400

Use this gapps (latest for 4.1.2): http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-jb-20121011-signed.zip
    I AM NOT PROVIDING SUPPORT FOR THOSE USING GAPPS DESIGNED FOR 4.2 ON THIS 4.1.2 ROM.

Please make a nanoid/twrp backup before flashing ANY rom. If you restore via TitaniumBackup only restore apps+data.

No I am not a part of CM Team or TeamChopsticks, I just posted this super early to avoid multiple threads and the mods needing to merge them. I love my mods.

------------------

#teamchopsticks incl#
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include 
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at any of us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
     * Collectively, and at the same time.
     */

This is the support thread for CM10.0.0 Stable on the Samsung SGH-T989 Hercules. It is still a major work in progress, so please make sure you have a backup that you can restore if you run into problems.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view http://changelog.bbqdroid.org for a full list of changes.

IRC SUPPORT:
    Join us in #teamchopsticks on Freenode IRC network.

DO NOT ASK FOR SUPPORT IF YOU FLASH A DIFFERENT KERNEL!
    The kernel packaged with CM10 is very tightly coupled with the ROM code, now more than ever with the advent of Project Butter in Jelly Bean. If you install a kernel different from the one in this ROM, please do not ask for any support.

Experience issues? Please provide the following info:
    • If the device was hard reboot, please provide the file "/proc/last_kmsg".
    • If the device was soft reboot or is "bootlooping", please run a logcat and provide the full output.
    • Please use Pastebin when possible.
    Download Links:

Please see our blog at http://www.teamchopsticks.org for installation, download links and release notes.
    Install instructions:

The CyanogenMod team and TeamChopsticks would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!
    #teamchopsticks incl#
    Wtf I'm going back to Jedi knight 5 :banghead:

Good. Get lost.

Can you guys stick to English, please? As per the rules, you know....
    Man dunno how many times this has been said. You use the darkside wipes ONLY on 5.x.x.x or lower. You DO NOT need it on 6.x.x.x or higher. Please read this twice if you didn't understand.

I'm sorry for being such a piss off but people fail to read stickies or at least search the thread before asking.

Cheers :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using xda app-developers app
    If I put this on my grandmas phone shed have a heart attack

I suggest a half naked picture of David Hasselhoff as her wallpaper. That'll ensure her love for CM10.0.0 as no elderly woman can resist The Hoff™.

yYR8z.png