[KERNEL] Nexus S Trinity Max 1.1/Vmax 1.2 Kernel - 2/10/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

burnfire

Dec 31, 2010
detroit
it killed my phone app after about 3 hours...kept getting force close..nothing I tried worked...maybe it was the romman...3.0.0.7 update. Can't really remember.

Sent from my Nexus S using XDA App

morfic

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 3, 2008
San Antonio
www.derkernel.com
No the kernel is just REALLY unstable.

It is natural to have fewer devices that can successfully run an overclocked kernel, the higher you go.
It is what it is, it's like reading Celeron 366 can do 550 and then finding out yours doesn't.
IF you have trouble with a certain speed, return to the last one that ran stable for you, as you would when you did this to your PC (there you would return to the speed in bios, not kernel, but you get the idea......or you would add cooling or better RAM, choices we don't have)

jlevy73

Nov 8, 2009
Los Angeles
It is natural to have fewer devices that can successfully run an overclocked kernel, the higher you go.
It is what it is, it's like reading Celeron 366 can do 550 and then finding out yours doesn't.
IF you have trouble with a certain speed, return to the last one that ran stable for you, as you would when you did this to your PC (there you would return to the speed in bios, not kernel, but you get the idea......or you would add cooling or better RAM, choices we don't have)

What voltage are you using for 1.4ghz?

AaronMFeld

Sep 20, 2010
Can we get an Update.zip ?
and maybe for MoDaCo?

i know youve been waiting for these questions ^^
Flashed this onto MoDaCo r3
C:\Documents and Settings\associate1\My Documents\Downloads\android-sdk-windows\
tools>fastboot flash boot boot.img
sending 'boot' (3256 KB)... OKAY [ 0.578s]
writing 'boot'... OKAY [ 0.422s]
finished. total time: 1.000s

Worked great. However, first boot was weird in that I had to fiddle with the airplane mode, turning it on and off to get it to connect to the cell network, then until a 2nd or 3rd boot it failed to recognize the internal sd card for a couple of boots. Running it with setcpu in performance mode without problems, wifi, gps, usb mounting etc all work. Quadrant is 3199 :)

tominater12

Jul 30, 2010

That is the issue even putting it back at just 1 still made the phone crash like crazy and be laggy.

Last edited:

morfic

Aug 3, 2008
San Antonio
www.derkernel.com
Thanks. Any chance you'll make a CFS version of 1.4ghz kernel in the future. Would be much appreciated.

Edit: I agree the boost in voltage, while working the chip harder, will provide more stability.

Vibrant runs at .05V less just as well, but with the scores being so much lower, maybe gets worked less hard. so dropping back those .05V would still be my goal, at least i would like to try it.

jlevy73

Nov 8, 2009
Los Angeles
Vibrant runs at .05V less just as well, but with the scores being so much lower, maybe gets worked less hard. so dropping back those .05V would still be my goal, at least i would like to try it.

Can't hurt that's for sure. Wonder why the difference between the Vibrant and the S considering their virtually the exact same chip (if not exactly the same). Anyway, crashing and burning is half the fun of development.

morfic

Aug 3, 2008
San Antonio
www.derkernel.com
Can't hurt that's for sure. Wonder why the difference between the Vibrant and the S considering their virtually the exact same chip (if not exactly the same). Anyway, crashing and burning is half the fun of development.

Think about you and your desktop.

You overclock to 4ghz. Happy as can be. Playing single threaded games all day long.

You sell it to a friend. But he does not game much, instead he converts videos with multi threaded apps. Then 2 days in, he calls you a liar and a cheat and wants his money back.

What happened? Your single threaded game never taxed the CPU much. A lot was done on gpu.

His apps used the CPU to the Max. And he crashed a lot.

This is what Intel and amd take advantage of in their Turbo core cpus.

If I peg only 3 cores my 1090T scales higher than when I build your kernel and peg all 6 cores.

Why did I go here? Compare 1.4ghz vibrant with 1.4ghz nexus s CPU scores.
I don't think we compare apples to apples. More efficient use of the CPU has to be involved, otherwise it wouldn't be very similar hardware.

jthornton71707

Apr 13, 2010
I Dowloaded the latest update and t14 flashed and its just stuck at the boot screen. I've tried reflashing wiping everytging and still freezes. Is there any way to fix this?

Sent from my Nexus S using XDA App

aam6906

Sep 3, 2010
quadrant went from 3156 to 3286........had a few boot loops when i flashed 14 but seems ok now........

EDIT: 14 is too unstable, going back to 13

helfone

Dec 19, 2009
help please:
I installed cm7 alpha 2(2) and then the 1.3 v1 kernel, but im stuck at the boot image, wont go further. I hear other people having this kernel working, what am I doing wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Trinity Max is a Kernel for Nexus S running conservative core voltages at each OC level.
    Trinity Vmax only differs in extended voltages at each OC level.
    I recommend Max, Vmax is if you want to see if you can squeeze out just that last ounce of clock speed and are comfortable with the higher core coltages.

Perfectly fine to use setcpu including screen off profiles below 800MHz. Thanks to coolbho3k's patch that fixes the policies during suspend/sleep and restores the previous on resume.

This is for.Android 2.3.2.or below.

What you get:

Safe Boot to 1.0GHz.
    OC Levels of 1.2GHz, 1.3GHz, 1.4GHz, 1.5GHz, 1.6GHz
    1000HZ
    Voodoo-Sound (Thanks Supercurio)
    Low-Freq Sleep Fix (Thanks Coolbho3k)
    Build optimizations
    Build system tweaks
    Ext4 mount fix (aka. Turbo Boost)

Trinity-Max-CM7-1.1
    Trinity-Max-Bionix-1.1
    Trinity-Max-StockRom-1.1

Vmax:

Safe Boot to 1.0GHz.
    OC Levels of 1.2GHz, 1.3GHz, 1.4GHz, 1.5GHz, 1.6GHz
    Higher Voltages than the Max series Kernels
    1000HZ
    Build optimizations
    Build system tweaks
    Ext4 mount fix (aka. Turbo Boost)

Trinity-Vmax-CM7-1.2

Trinity-Vmax-cm7-v1.1
    Trinity-Vmax-bionix-v1.1

Stock:

Stock Frequencies and Voltages
    BFS (Thanks Con Kolivas)
    1000HZ
    Build optimizations
    Build system tweaks

Kernel for Stock Roms
    Kernel for cm7
    Kernel for Bionix NS

Experimental UV Big Bore kernel available: Trinity-UV-108BB-Experimental

------------------------------------------------------------------
    BT Trouble? Not in this house!

method of assurance: (lost track who said it first, it's in this thread, thanks)

- switch wifi OFF, switch BT OFF
    - update kernel
    - FIRST: on reboot switch BT ON
    - THEN switch WiFi ON
    Thanks. Am doing that. Would like to add overclocking.

Please attach your patch files. I repeat: you are hacking on a GPL source base. You should release your changes.

Thanks.

he'll release it when its ready. meanwhile he has more important things like his life and family to take care of. as far as i know, the world doesnt revolve around you. when the spare time is available to morfic, im sure it will be taken care of. ive seen you asking for it repeatedly, as im sure morfic has. i repeat, stop being an a-hole.
    Thanks for creating flash zip later.

And i ment a working kernel for the MoDaCo custom rom r3 ^^

What does it need in init.rc to work?
    If it does nothing special, it would work anyways, and if it does special stuff, link me to the initrd they use and i can build one with that.

I Will push the modified source to github once i am done, then they can take care of that if i don't before then.
    success!

here is bootable boot.img that will install correct bcm4329.ko and build.prop.

test:
    Code:
    fastboot boot oc_final.img
    or flash:
    Code:
    fastboot flash boot oc_final.img

edit: whoops, typo.