Polaris Office deletes my work after saving.

Search This thread

Feoen

May 25, 2011
I've been a Transformer owner since the very beginning... B30 unit owner and have loved every minute of it! I have a B60 dock as well (exchanged with a B40 that had a battery issue back in the day).

This tablet has seen only OTA updates since 3.0 through ICS. Of course, Asus was kind enough to provide Polaris Office.

However, it has a bug that literally makes the program unusable for any kind of serious work. After working on a document for an unspecified period of time, hit the save button. Then, type something.

The last line or so of anything you typed will disappear completely. Hitting the "undo" button will undo what you just typed, and then undo the stuff typed BEFORE the "disappeared line".

I am not the only one with this bug: http://www.transformerforums.com/fo...bug-mistype-last-sentence-deleting-issue.html

Is there any fix for this? I would have thought that with the few updates there have been to Polaris that this would have been fixed, especially once it migrated to ICS, but this has not been the case.

Any idea?

pierrekid

Oct 23, 2010
I've been a Transformer owner since the very beginning... B30 unit owner and have loved every minute of it! I have a B60 dock as well (exchanged with a B40 that had a battery issue back in the day).

This tablet has seen only OTA updates since 3.0 through ICS. Of course, Asus was kind enough to provide Polaris Office.

However, it has a bug that literally makes the program unusable for any kind of serious work. After working on a document for an unspecified period of time, hit the save button. Then, type something.

The last line or so of anything you typed will disappear completely. Hitting the "undo" button will undo what you just typed, and then undo the stuff typed BEFORE the "disappeared line".

I am not the only one with this bug: http://www.transformerforums.com/fo...bug-mistype-last-sentence-deleting-issue.html

Is there any fix for this? I would have thought that with the few updates there have been to Polaris that this would have been fixed, especially once it migrated to ICS, but this has not been the case.

Any idea?

Hate to tell you this but this is known issue with Polaris. Randomly it will lose data that you saved and leave you stranded. I honestly would go with office suite 6, very stable and haven't lost any of my work yet ( i had a biochemistry experimental design project due in my masters program lab last semester and had to completely rewrite it because Polaris decided to have a case of amnesia with my work).

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using xda premium

asdfuogh

Jun 22, 2011
Polaris office sometimes corrupts the data file too. I had written an essay with it and lost about 4 pages... I now use Google Docs for typing anything, then just typeset it with latex on my laptop or something..

goodintentions

Aug 14, 2010
Just spend $10 on thinkfree office. It's the best android office app out there. Trust me on this. I own all office apps in existent.