On which WM do you run Facade?

• Total voters
Search This thread

gps-lover

Feb 14, 2008
Task Facade is a cool, animated Vista-style task-manager that shows all running programs tiled on your screen.
Runs on any WM version and any resolution.

file.php

TaskFacade with MacOS theme, created by htctoucher

READ ABOUT IT:
WMPowerUser.com: TaskFacade 4 - Extreme graphical task switching
JustAnotherMobileMonday.com: Free for All: TaskFacade
IntoMobile.com: The coolest graphical task manager for Windows Mobile

DOWNLOAD IT:
TASKFACADE 4

IF YOU LIKE IT - PLEASE POPULARIZE IT!
PUBLISH AN ARTICLE ON YOUR WEB PAGE!

Changes since 3.8.5:
  • Complete theming
  • All types of transparency, incl. alpha-blending
  • New themes: see screenshots
  • Smartphone, WM5 and WM6
  • Speed heavily optimized

Special thanks to htctoucher for his great themes!
Also, thanks to all of you guys for interesting ideas and patience during the tests.

file.php

TaskFacade with Yellow theme, created by gps-lover

file.php

TaskFacade with Gloss theme, created by htctoucher

TaskFacade4 YouTube presentation
TaskFacade3 (older version) YouTube presentation
- thanks to surur

Task Facade THEMES thread at xda-dev

DOWNLOAD TaskFacade4 here: TaskFacade Forum

Last edited:

Ufufu

Mar 18, 2008
Tried it on Elf, stock wm6 rom. Works quite well, both from internal memory and from Storage Card! Eats about 2MB of memory while running with 6-7 tasks. Definitely awesome for a beta version, didn't try to figure out skinning yet so I don't know if it works. Only complaint is the bottom bar, it would look much better full screen. Super thanks for taking the time to update the code!

edit: and about 1.5MB without any tasks open. Wheep, that's a lot!

Last edited:

gps-lover

Feb 14, 2008
edit: and about 1.5MB without any tasks open. Wheep, that's a lot!

well, can't argue on that.

even worse, not only it keeps snapshots of all running apps. It takes new ones from time to time, so some productivity overhead as well.

for me, just keep Vista in mind. ;)

mst46

Oct 23, 2005
Works great on my Diamond - thanks for continueing this great piece of sw.

Had it crashing after selecting tools-> sel det (select detection I believe)
Apart from that it works great.

mst

mike21pr

May 16, 2008
San Juan
seems to not play nice with throttle today, just like alt3d. is there a fix for this?? cuz unless i remove throttle as my today plugin, i cant use this.
Great peice of software!!!!! Hope to see future development on this now that the code was shared :D

salahnajm

Jul 10, 2007
tiny bug

I have MWC2 cursors installed and everytime i use dynamo the cursor keeps on running and running... I have to either exit dynamo (completely stop it) or completely exit MWC2 cursors..
By the way THANKS for the update and its working perfect on my TMo wing 6.0

Blowfish64

Nov 25, 2006
Hey gps-lover. Huge thanks for taking the lead on this. Couple of things that I think should be addressed. First of all, I agree that the bottom bar isn't really necessary. Full screen would be welcome here. Also, the re-addition of settings back into the program is needed, and I'd love to see the ability to set a background image, not just a color. Another thing I'd like to see is to have tap-and-hold close a program. Having thumbnails of programs, but then having to click a teeny tiny X if you want to close one kind of defeats part of the purpose to me, and since tap-and-hold presently does nothing, that seems like a logical choice. And finally, is there any way to have Dynamo take a screenshot of a program running in the background? I ask because sometimes (many times) it will take a screenshot of a program as it is being minimized, or else it won't have taken it before something significantly changed on the screen so that the thumbnail displayed does not match up with the program. If Dynamo could take screenshots of background programs and display those, it would solve this nagging issue.

Anyway, thanks again for taking the time to work on this great program!

w04g005

Oct 18, 2006
Munich
I have MWC2 cursors installed and everytime i use dynamo the cursor keeps on running and running... I have to either exit dynamo (completely stop it) or completely exit MWC2 cursors..
By the way THANKS for the update and its working perfect on my TMo wing 6.0

Same problem here! Does the "normal" wait cursor stop? Is it only a problem with MWC2?

Cutefox

Jun 5, 2005
it dont work on 240x400 Omnia screen. it says un supported screen resolution.. pleas make it work for Omnia.. that would be wonderful..

aydc

Jul 31, 2006
I found this to be a bit on the slow side on Diamond, but it's still a terriffic start. Keep optimizing and you'll have a legend of a program that'll be included in every custom ROM on the planet. :)

bobsbbq

Jun 8, 2008
Cleveland, TX
Once upon a time there was a unique graphical task switcher called Dynamo:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=312232

Now the author published its sources:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=417214

Here is an updated version to be run on wm6 and any resolutions. Al least it should. :-/
Just extract it into /Program Files and map it to some button.

This is the first beta version. Please don't take it seriously.

I get un supported resolution om my omnia 240x400

can you change somthing to get it to work?