Can only send one sms

Search This thread

cooldman224

Aug 13, 2011
Arlington VA
Sony Xperia 5 II
I have a weird problem where I can only send one sms but when I try to send another it won't go through. I can try to send a message to another person and it won't send either. I am limited to only one. After the one, I can't send sms at all. The only fix is to reboot or toggle the data. Not sure why this started happening. I am running CM 11.0M3. I tried doing a factory reset/cache wipe in recovery and reverting to CM10.2 but didn't fix the issue. Any help would be appreciated!

Supercutetom

May 5, 2012
Williamsburg
Using a TouchWiz rom is the only fix right now that I know. Many of us have the same exact issue as you, bud. I don't really think much progress has been made on fixing the issue, too. What I understand is that is actually a problem on Verizon's end.

theraptscallion

Feb 7, 2009
I have a weird problem where I can only send one sms but when I try to send another it won't go through. I can try to send a message to another person and it won't send either. I am limited to only one. After the one, I can't send sms at all. The only fix is to reboot or toggle the data. Not sure why this started happening. I am running CM 11.0M3. I tried doing a factory reset/cache wipe in recovery and reverting to CM10.2 but didn't fix the issue. Any help would be appreciated!

Try flashing back to stock and doing an NVrestore (only if you've previously done an nvbackup) or reprovisioning your service using *2767*3855# then just go back to CM

theraptscallion

Feb 7, 2009
I went all the way back to the root66.tar which I think was vralg1, since it was basically stock plus root so I could use the terminal out of the box.

Reactions: capt730
Same Issue but only in one area.

Try flashing back to stock and doing an NVrestore (only if you've previously done an nvbackup) or reprovisioning your service using *2767*3855# then just go back to CM

Hey everyone, I've noticed this myself but only in one small town near my house. Which may very well be verizon towered. Most towers at my house are appalachian wireless or verizon leased to appalachian or vise versa. Either way, it doesn't happen at home. Only in Grundy, VA.

I was wondering if the fix the person posted above worked, and if so couldn't I just do that from a TW 4.3 rom since it should have the dialer that does those types of things, or maybe access a hidden menu somewhere?

Thanks a bunch and my apologies for resurrecting an old thread if this one is.

theraptscallion

Feb 7, 2009
Grundy, VA huh? Are you at Appalachian?

The fix has been permanent for me, but it requires you to go back to stock ics or jellybean, since the reprovision code doesn't work on 4.2 on up.

For the full fix, download root66 and flash it (after backing up of course). Reprovision. Open a terminal window and type reboot nvrestore. Check if you have am imei. If you don't, reprovision again, open terminal and type reboot nvbackup. Restore your backup and begin testing. The cm11 unofficial nightly thread should have similar directions in the Op.

theraptscallion

Feb 7, 2009
Grundy, VA huh? Are you at Appalachian?

The fix has been permanent for me, but it requires you to go back to stock ics or jellybean, since the reprovision code doesn't work on 4.2 on up.

For the full fix, download root66 and flash it (after backing up of course). Reprovision. Open a terminal window and type reboot nvrestore. Check if you have am imei. If you don't, reprovision again, open terminal and type reboot nvbackup. Restore your backup and begin testing. The cm11 unofficial nightly thread should have similar directions in the Op.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I went all the way back to the root66.tar which I think was vralg1, since it was basically stock plus root so I could use the terminal out of the box.