[LOCKSCREEN} MyMetroLock Update: 13.4.2010

Search This thread

Cendaryn

Aug 4, 2005
Salzburg
www.mobilitynews.net
This is a variant of my quite popular WP7S Lockscreen (which can be found here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=651045)

MyMetroLock

MyMetroLock.png

What's new in this version
1. hardcoded background picture (the blue metro icons)
2. left aligned text matching the Metro guidelines by Microsoft :)
3. new font "Zegoe" Light and Regular (will be installed with the CAB) matching the Metro design
4. possibility for your own user picture!
5. skinned notifications (except voicemail - I don't use/need that)

A word about requests and compatibility:
This lockscreen is provided "as it is". I made it for a stock ROM HTC HD2 (1.66) and it works fine for me. Feel free to modify it to your wishes but - if you do - give a small credit to this thread. There might be issues with custom ROMs and other devices - I can't change that - sorry.

What should I do if I find an error?
Just post your screenie and I'll see what I can do :)

Update 13.4.2010: new release as MyMetroLock
Update 13.4.2010, 15.07: fixed an error with userpic - please re-download cab!

Installation:
a) grab the cab attached below.
b) remove all other lockscreen mods than install my cab.
c) make your own picture with Photoshop or similar with the exact size of 119 x 119 pixel and save it as user.png
d) copy your "user.png" into the "lockscreen" folder in your windows directory on your device.
e) softreset

Have fun!

Attachments

• MyMetroLock.cab
    554.3 KB · Views: 15,451
Last edited:
Reactions: duo_m

heartofwolf

Dec 25, 2008
One more thing:) Could You upload this wallpaper used in your lockscreen so I could use it in my start menu? Thank You!

--------SORRY, I'VE FOUND IT :)----------

Last edited:

heartofwolf

Dec 25, 2008
it would be great if You could skin the new sms and missed call icons on lockscreen. Cheers!

hazeline

Mar 2, 2008
Singapore
hehe i installed your file into Omnia II and the only thing changed was my slider icon. Hmm i believe Omnia II system stuff is locked down. Haha i like the slider icon :))))) thanks

Halle

Feb 1, 2010
Stockholm
I really like this lockscreen, it's so clean.

However when using a bright wallpaper, you can clearly see that the clock is cut off at the bottom.. hope you understand what I mean! Just try it out.

Also I wonder in this Link http://www.mobilitynews.net/?p=11018 , is all notification icons skinned in that version to?

EDIT:

galolaacl.jpg

Last edited:

Cendaryn

Aug 4, 2005
Salzburg
www.mobilitynews.net
I really like this lockscreen, it's so clean.

However when using a bright wallpaper, you can clearly see that the clock is cut off at the bottom.. hope you understand what I mean! Just try it out.

Also I wonder in this Link http://www.mobilitynews.net/?p=11018 , is all notification icons skinned in that version to?

EDIT:

galolaacl.jpg

ups :( will have a look into that issue.

the other lockscreen isn't updated - there are no skinned notification icons in that (old) version...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    MyMetroLock with voice mail

Please find attached a modified cab that will install over the original one of Cendaryn, with the following changes of mine:
    - added the voice mail slide icon.
    - added a default empty user.png icon to ensure the expected behaviour of the notifications even if you don't want to use your own user.png icon.
    - removed the useless timebg.png file.
    - removed the useless comments in the .cpr file.
    - moved up the Total Count of notifications so it fits well into the slider.
    - changed all fonts to the Zegoe font.

Enjoy! :D
    This is a variant of my quite popular WP7S Lockscreen (which can be found here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=651045)

MyMetroLock

MyMetroLock.png

What's new in this version
    1. hardcoded background picture (the blue metro icons)
    2. left aligned text matching the Metro guidelines by Microsoft :)
    3. new font "Zegoe" Light and Regular (will be installed with the CAB) matching the Metro design
    4. possibility for your own user picture!
    5. skinned notifications (except voicemail - I don't use/need that)

A word about requests and compatibility:
    This lockscreen is provided "as it is". I made it for a stock ROM HTC HD2 (1.66) and it works fine for me. Feel free to modify it to your wishes but - if you do - give a small credit to this thread. There might be issues with custom ROMs and other devices - I can't change that - sorry.

What should I do if I find an error?
    Just post your screenie and I'll see what I can do :)

Update 13.4.2010: new release as MyMetroLock
    Update 13.4.2010, 15.07: fixed an error with userpic - please re-download cab!

Installation:
    a) grab the cab attached below.
    b) remove all other lockscreen mods than install my cab.
    c) make your own picture with Photoshop or similar with the exact size of 119 x 119 pixel and save it as user.png
    d) copy your "user.png" into the "lockscreen" folder in your windows directory on your device.
    e) softreset

Have fun!
    Looks great! Thanks