Advanced Configuration Tool 1.5

Search This thread

bigtime1

Aug 5, 2011
Advanced Configuration Tool for WP7 allows you to customize themes, sounds, tiles, icons and to tweak your phone.
It is currently compatible with HTC, Samsung and LG WP7.
New in version 1.5.0.0:
Improved support of Mango
Fix unexpected errors and crashes
(now shows up in apps)

thanks again Julien Schapman your hard work is appreciated.

http://forum.touchxperience.com/download/file.php?id=185

Last edited:

mrkillah

Nov 12, 2011
Awesome! Thanks a lot for letting us know, because version 1.4.0.0 kept crashing and did not work on Omnia 7.

Now confirmed to be working on Samsung Omnia 7 with Telekom Germany Branding.
Got Mango 7740 on my phone.

Reactions: amitbhavi
Nov 25, 2011
Any way to get this running on the Htc Titan for which no interop unlock exists

Sent from my TITAN X310e using XDA Windows Phone 7 App

THANK YOU!!!
What a relief to not see all those stupid errors :D

c86e1967.jpg

Reactions: andrew35133

Optimus2XPrime

Jun 15, 2011
Device LG Optimus 7 (E900)

I've deployed the app and created a new theme.
after that the app wouln not open.
and I can't deploy any apps now I'm getting the message for max developer apps.
I've deleted 3 of them (including Advanced Configuration Tool) and still nothing.

any ideas?

Did Advanced Configuration Tool had an option for disabling unofficial app installing or something?
if so I think I've unchecked? What Do I Do Now ?

Last edited:

Ttblondey

Jan 1, 2008
Can't install in hd7 chevron unlock mango final.

---------- Post added at 08:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:29 AM ----------

there are 2 types one install in setting one doesn't what the difference.I'm installing the second one.

Mattemoller90

Nov 28, 2008
In omnia7 mango in tweaks-->use joint stereo i have an error "unable to apply changes"

If I search in the registry the key for enable "joint stereo" i don't find it, why?

luckyyyyyy6

Nov 18, 2011
Device LG Optimus 7 (E900)

I've deployed the app and created a new theme.
after that the app wouln not open.
and I can't deploy any apps now I'm getting the message for max developer apps.
I've deleted 3 of them (including Advanced Configuration Tool) and still nothing.

any ideas?

Did Advanced Configuration Tool had an option for disabling unofficial app installing or something?
if so I think I've unchecked? What Do I Do Now ?

maybe you changed option in the tweaks because there is an option "Allow max unsigned applications" and if you changed this option you can`t deploy more than 10 apps on your wp7. hopes ti helps.

Last edited:

ArcWhistler

Sep 7, 2008
Any chance of this working with a Dell Venue Pro in the future?

P.S. - I loved using your tools on my old WM 6.1 device!

bigtime1

Aug 5, 2011
Can't install in hd7 chevron unlock mango final.

---------- Post added at 08:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:29 AM ----------

there are 2 types one install in setting one doesn't what the difference.I'm installing the second one.

the one that installs in app list can be uninstalled easier

bigtime1

Aug 5, 2011
seems to be working fine on hd7 with dft freedom rom v3 made custom color and applied it with no errors

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Advanced Configuration Tool for WP7 allows you to customize themes, sounds, tiles, icons and to tweak your phone.
    It is currently compatible with HTC, Samsung and LG WP7.
    New in version 1.5.0.0:
    Improved support of Mango
    Fix unexpected errors and crashes
    (now shows up in apps)

thanks again Julien Schapman your hard work is appreciated.

http://forum.touchxperience.com/download/file.php?id=185
    THX. Cool and stable :D. That's version in apps list not in settings.
    Edit: 26 Nov
    New version 1.5 for install in settings, not in app list.
    http://www.forum.touchxperience.com/download/file.php?id=186
    The registry keys only control accent colors for first party apps, and those are all the Advanced Config tool currently adds. If you want the colors for third party as well, you need something that can access the registry as well as the Windows folder and you ave to add two XAML files per accent color (one for light, and one for dark themes).

The way to add accent colors for third party apps is as follows, but your ability to accomplish it will depend on your phone's manufacturer and the support you can find for accessing the registry and the file system:

1. Add a color theme with Advanced Config. Note the hex color given.
    2. Gain access to the registry and file system. On my Focus, WP7 Root Tools by Heathlicff74 does the trick (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1265321)
    3. Browse to Local Machine/Control Panel/Themes/AccentsDisplayName in the registry
    4. Locate your new color, check what key it is (0-3 and 5-10 are the default colors on my Focus, Advanced Config creates the first custom color in 4, then the next one starts at 11 as a result)
    5. For the next part, you'll need the two versions of ThemeResources.xaml. There's one for the dark theme and one for the light. You'll need to change both. There are copies of them available in the WP7 SDK (Program Files/Microsoft SDKs/Windows Phone/7.1/Design/). They'll be in folders named by theme and then accent. So, LightBlue is Blue for the white background. DarkBlue is Blue for the black background.
    6. The final nomenclature you'll need for the Windows folder on your phone is XXYY_ThemeResources.xaml. XX is the theme (00 is white, 01 is black), YY is the accent color with leading 0, if needed.
    7. Copy any accent color's Light and Dark ThemeResources.xaml files to 00YY_ThemeResources.xaml and 01YY_ThemeResources.xaml, respectively. YY is still the key value for your new accent color from the registry.
    8. Open both files and find the line for "<Color x:key="PhoneAccentColor">". Mine are around line 115.
    9. Change the values for that line to the hex value of your new accent color in both files. Be sure to include the leading "FF" for the alpha, leading to eight digits after the #.
    10. Get both files onto your phone somehow. I use Heathcliff74's tip (http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=17615404&postcount=1) of emailing them to myself as attachments and pulling them out of volatile (note, they'll show up more reliably this way if you try to open them after downloading them and let the phone fail to open them).
    11. Copy both XAML files into your Windows folder.
    12. Switch to any other accent color, then switch back to your new one.
    13. Enjoy custom accent colors in third party apps.
    Still cannot find ver 1.5 has someone got another link. Stuck on version 1.4 for wp7

take it: http://www.touchxperience.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=890
    Awesome! Thanks a lot for letting us know, because version 1.4.0.0 kept crashing and did not work on Omnia 7.

Now confirmed to be working on Samsung Omnia 7 with Telekom Germany Branding.
    Got Mango 7740 on my phone.